Thread: Still my FAV

Still my FAV

This is still my favorite FF, it felt more like a storybook than an emo bike ride, no offense...

It just felt more positive, better characters, better relationships, it didn't feel quite as corny and over the top as FF7, and FF8... It was just an all around good game with good characters and romance. I really think its my fav and its because I enjoyed FF4-6 so much, this is oldschool like those, and better. I just can't get over how good FF9 was, I hope they make FF9-2.

Re: Still my FAV

I agree. I put it as my #3, under FFIV and VI. IV, mostly for nostalgic reasons, though that's not to say that game wasn't good. VI, while also nostalgic to me, I felt it was an all-around better game than IX, if only slightly. They're both good, just in different ways.

Anyway, I agree with what you said about how it felt more like a storybook. I think it's the most light-hearted Final Fantasy game and the most majestic. It just has a certain charm to it that I really don't know how to explain. I'm currently on my third playthrough of the game, just left Treno for the first time and about to go through Gargan Roo.

Passing fair judgement Still my FAV Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I like FFIX, but I can't say it's my favorite. I actually liked the weird cornyness of FFVII and VIII which puts them high on my favorites list. I would have to say that FIX is tied for fourth with FFXII.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Magistrate View Post
    I like FFIX, but I can't say it's my favorite. I actually liked the weird cornyness of FFVII and VIII which puts them high on my favorites list. I would have to say that FIX is tied for fourth with FFXII.
    Yea everyone likes that, and is why it was so popular, and they shouldn't stray from that to much. I just really enjoyed FF9, I don't know what it is, and I'm not claiming its battle system or combat was superior to other FF's... But everything else was more appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    Yea everyone likes that, and is why it was so popular, and they shouldn't stray from that to much. I just really enjoyed FF9, I don't know what it is, and I'm not claiming its battle system or combat was superior to other FF's... But everything else was more appealing to me.
    To each their own I say, if everyone agreed this would be a pretty boring world to live in.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Magistrate View Post
    To each their own I say, if everyone agreed this would be a pretty boring world to live in.
    It def would and not I'm not afraid of disagreeing with anyone, but I'm willing to be openminded.

I think we could get along well than. We see eye to eye on the world, or whatever you would call this discussion.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

FFIX is definitely my favorite FF game. It has humor, references from past FF games, awesome characters, and a remarkable OST. "Stirring The Forest" was my favorite. While I hold FFV, VI, VII, VIII, X and XII close to my heart, FFIX is my favorite.
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

All is One.One is All. Still my FAV Firefly's Avatar

Final Fantasy IX,I guess...would be my favorite.FFIX and FFX are the only FF's I have replayed more than three times.Final Fantasy IX had some of the most diverse characters and (IMO) one of the best stories of any FF,I have ever played.It was unique,in a good way.Plus,I am sucker for romances,and I loved the whole Zidane and Dagger(Garnet) get together.Oh yeah!,this game(behind FFX) had one of the best endings ever!! This game overall,was a masterpiece! Crap...now I want to replay it....again.Lol
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.