Thread: Master Game?

Master Game?

Is it possible to get the Excalibur 2, every weapon and item, and every key item? I want to replay FF9 but I dunno if I wanna play it again for fun or try for those goals.... Is it possible on PS3? Because I can't find anyway to skip cut scenes.

742617000027 Master Game? driftrunner's Avatar

Re: Master Game?

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    Is it possible to get the Excalibur 2, every weapon and item, and every key item? I want to replay FF9 but I dunno if I wanna play it again for fun or try for those goals.... Is it possible on PS3? Because I can't find anyway to skip cut scenes.
    I played FF9 and ended the game but never found a excalibur 2 on the game, but i can tell you one thing for sure: if what you are trying to get is the final weapon of steiner (the one that comes with his final ability SHOCK!) i can tell you for sure that this one is called RAGNAROK and you can obtain it by doing the hunting game with your chocobo. If this weapon was not the weapon you meant so forgive me also sorry for the long text.

Do you think you can handle me maggot? Try this

Quote Originally Posted by driftrunner View Post
    I played FF9 and ended the game but never found a excalibur 2 on the game, but i can tell you one thing for sure: if what you are trying to get is the final weapon of steiner (the one that comes with his final ability SHOCK!) i can tell you for sure that this one is called RAGNAROK and you can obtain it by doing the hunting game with your chocobo. If this weapon was not the weapon you meant so forgive me also sorry for the long text.
    Its cool the weapon I'm talking about is the Ex 2 which is a challenge weapon, only way to get it is to beat the game within some 13 hours...

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Master Game? Tallulah's Avatar

The only way to skip cutscenes is to open the disc drawer and close it again.

I wouldn't have thought it is possible to get EVERY item as well as the Excalibur 2, as it takes precious time to find the key items, some which involve lengthy sidequests. So set aside a save slot (or two or three or four!) for the Excalibur 2 quest. I have heard that it is harder to do on PAL formats (European copies of the game) than NTSC (American copies) as the clock runs that little bit quicker.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

ellserah

if you are running the PAL version of the game it is impossible to get excaliber II and a perfect file!
    frustrating for us Brits!
    but there are plenty of walkthroughs on the internet that you can follow!

Registered User Master Game?

yup. gamefaqs has some good guides with videos that are amazing. easy to get everything, hardest i think is the hippaul mini game.

Yea I really dont get why Square made this game so hard to master.