Thread: Junction Machine Ellone

Registered User Junction Machine Ellone

Junction Machine Ellone

You know something? If Squall and company just prevented the Junction Machine Ellone from ever being created (or even just destroyed it if it was created at that point in time), then Ultimecia wouldn't have had a way to traverse through time and take possession of Rinoa, Edea, and Adel. Why didn't they just think to do that instead of putting Rinoa and everyone else in danger? Did I miss something important that prevented the party from thinking up this much more feasible plan?

Of course the most obvious answer would be because the plot says that they had to go to the future to defeat the evil Sorceress, therefore creating a much more climactic ending.

I want to know what everyone else thinks though. Do you think there could have been a better plan to defeat Ultimecia than the one that was made?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Junction Machine Ellone Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Junction Machine Ellone

You do bring up an interesting point, but I think you are missing some vital piece of information; I cannot recall if it is there. Maybe you should replay the game, if you didn't abhor it, to find out the answer. Or maybe I should - I really liked the game. I think that it wasn't feasible or plausible to destroy that machine. Anyhuma, Ultimecia's Castle is one of my favourite final dungeon in the Final Fantasy series, actually correction - it is my favourite final dungeon.

Well the party could have tracked down her ancestory and kill a few of them off which would prevent her from being born. That is all theory because if time is seperate, all the party would have done is create an alternate universe without Ultimecia, but Ultimecia would still be threatening their [the party's] universe still.

After some quick research, Dr. Odine from the future created the Junction Machine Ellone, meaning that the party couldn't destroy the machine. Again, they could kill off Dr. Odine but that may just create an alternate universe and not solve any of their problems - with time involved, nothing is knowable.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Ha, well I see how that could trigger a very nice debate on the merits of time travel, but I really think it boils down to this: It would be a really sucky ending. Oooh, we broke the machine. Oh. End. It's just nowhere near as good. The time travel part with the sorceresses and the melting scenery actually made me feel a little nauseous. It was amazing!
    Also, I never thought of that on my first play through. Did you?
    Hmmm... thinking about it... there's a lot of joining with sorceresses and things done in order to get there. Would it even have been possible for them to just zip off like that, with nothing to hang on to? If it was as simple as that, why didn't they do it in disc 3 or something?
    (Sorry if I'm rambling )
    Yes. More jigawatts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    You know something? If Squall and company just prevented the Junction Machine Ellone from ever being created (or even just destroyed it if it was created at that point in time), then Ultimecia wouldn't have had a way to traverse through time and take possession of Rinoa, Edea, and Adel. Why didn't they just think to do that instead of putting Rinoa and everyone else in danger? Did I miss something important that prevented the party from thinking up this much more feasible plan?

Of course the most obvious answer would be because the plot says that they had to go to the future to defeat the evil Sorceress, therefore creating a much more climactic ending.

I want to know what everyone else thinks though. Do you think there could have been a better plan to defeat Ultimecia than the one that was made?
    Man, i don't see your point here. We knew that only in disk 3, Squall and his comrades knew about Esthar>> Odine>> Ultimecia>> Adel..., but Ultimecia has sent her power to Edea a long time ago, since Squall was still a child, how can he prevent it? .

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Junction Machine Ellone Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Ahhhh... weird as hell lol
    Let's see...

Ultimecia gives her powers to edea in which future squall gives edea the idea for SEED.
    If they just broke the machine, there would be no SeeD, meaning there would be no garden, which means there would be no reason to brake the machine which would cause the universe to gain a set consciousness which would cause it to collapse in which Ultimecia, being a damn genius, would just use that to finish everything off lol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...