Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVIII Help Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FFVIII Help Thread

I've no idea why I didn't think of making one of these before, but if you seek help and advice for FFVIII, here is the place to ask your questions.

Also, if anybody wants to answer a question for somebody, then do feel free. This thread is free for anybody to make any questions and/or answers they desire (so long as the are not spammy, of course ^_^).
    Last edited by Neo Necron; 03-29-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Mr_Biggs

Help!

hey neo necron, im having alot of trouble getting squalls ultimate weapon, dude ive been trying for ages n just cant seem to get it...can i get any help on this ?

Signed: veyr annoyed and needy rpg gamer...

Sephiroth King
    Ok, you need

Adamantine x1

Dragon Fang x4

Pulse Ammo x12

How to get it:

To get the Adamantine either defeat an Adamantoise
    or change Minotaur card into item.

To get Dragon Fangs fight From Blue Dragon w/RARE ITEM ability on to receive it as a item

And finaly to get Pulse Ammo change Lazer Cannon item to get 5 Pulse Ammo or change Power Generator to get 20 Pulse Ammo.

Thats how I just did it.

Yeah, those are the items to get. A few additional notes though:

Make sure you dont mug the adamantoises, or you won't win any adamantines.

Dragon Fangs, again, win them from Blue Dragons but don't mug them. Blue Dragons succumb easily to a comination of meltdown and death. Doesn't work all the time, but more often than death works on some other enemies.

Power Generators to get Pulse Ammo can be won from Elnoyles. You can find one in Esthar. Look around for a dark looking guy standing on a walkway by a sort of T-junction. Speak to him, he'll laugh manically and you'll fight an Elnoyle. Again, defeat it, don't mug it.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Smashtheincredible FFVIII Help Thread matt's Avatar

Re: FFVIII Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth King View Post
    Ok, you need

Adamantine x1

Dragon Fang x4

Pulse Ammo x12

How to get it:

To get the Adamantine either defeat an Adamantoise
    or change Minotaur card into item.

To get Dragon Fangs fight From Blue Dragon w/RARE ITEM ability on to receive it as a item

And finaly to get Pulse Ammo change Lazer Cannon item to get 5 Pulse Ammo or change Power Generator to get 20 Pulse Ammo.

Thats how I just did it.
    its worth mentioning that there is a way to get this weapon on disk one, the way is to card mod minotor, card mod a bizzilian elnoynes cards (<---- i think thats the right name its the monster version of the boss on the communication tower) i think you will need 10 to get 1 energy crystal, then using ammo refine will turn them in to pulse ammo and the dragon fang can be won in the forest near galbadia garden its rare but its possible they have to be low levels so its deffo a challenge.

Sorry its vague but I havent played FF8 in so long, if I have miss spelt any thing my appoligies, if there are any mistakes please let me know

peace
    Last edited by matt; 04-05-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Games beaten:- Crisis core, FF7 FF9 FF10. I need more time to game

I'll find you, no matter what. FFVIII Help Thread FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has anyone figured out the monkey's cryptic message? I found the monkey in the forest near Timber but I can't figure out the clue and I have no idea if it has anything to do with the alien sightings either. Lol I know reading this sounds strange but it's all in the game

Trust Me.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFVIII Help Thread Xanatos's Avatar

Nothing strange really, it's just one out of dozen sidequests in universe of Final Fantasy VIII. It's called the Obel's Lake Quest, it actually has nothing to do with UFO sithings, that's a quest of it's own. Obel's Lake Quest is hardest, and longest quest you can find in Final Fantasy VIII, it's a bit complicated to explain, though I'll give you this link,Obel's Lake Quest, hope this helps.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

tristen
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Biggs
    hey neo necron, im having alot of trouble getting squalls ultimate weapon, dude ive been trying for ages n just cant seem to get it...can i get any help on this ?

Signed: veyr annoyed and needy rpg gamer...
    [REPLEY QUOTE TO:Mr_Biggs= FROM Tristen] Squall's final weapon is impossible to get if you try to get it by cards instead be patient you have to be on the third disc alright here's what you need ADAMANTINE- you'll have to sacrifice a card called minataur or something like that any way use CARD MOD to get ADAMANTINE.
    PULSE AMMO on the end of disc three you'll have to fight a robot inside lunatic pandora (only after you smashed in to it with the red ship you get) it'll drop something put that through AMMO-RF that'll give you enough PULSE AMMO.
    DRAGON FANGS-welllllllll you just have to fight dragons ya know that about covers it.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    Last edited by tristen; 04-05-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Sephiroth King
    Heh...well I have a question. In disk three, how do you get the items to get doomstrain. I got it once but I forgot how to do it now.

6 Malboro Tentacles (Mug or win from Malboros)

6 Remedy Pluses (Refine from remedies using Alexander's (I think it's Alexander) Med-Lv-Up ability)

6 Steel Pipes (Mug or win from low-level wendigos)

You can also get Marlboro Tentacles from Card Modding. 4 Malboro cards gets you 4 I beleive.

Vahn70

Here is what you do...............

Hey I can Help you. I have a map That will show you all the locations and hidden draw points email me if you want to get it

[email protected]

Registered User FFVIII Help Thread
    Can anyone give me tips on beating Adel? She keeps killing my party with her spells. Any help woulb b great

Shake it like a polaroid picture FFVIII Help Thread RagnaToad's Avatar
    She's weak against Wind so just keep casting Aero and heal Rinoa.
    She uses Ultima right? If I remember correctly you cant absorb Ultima so thats a bummer.
    DONT CAST HOLY on her, shell get pissed off.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 01-14-2006 at 09:52 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Registered User FFVIII Help Thread
    OK. thanx. I'll remember that. I'll try this later today. I haven't played it 4 along time.

Leo Leonhart

Exclamation Saved Game

Good evening everybody!

Well, I'm a super fan of the Final Fantasy games, specially FF8. I finished this game several times but now I'm having a BIG problem with my disc one. The problem is: The game crashes at the Dollet Communication Tower (disc one) when Squall, Zell and Seifer get at the top of the hill and they meet Selphie. In this part the game crashes to desktop. For this reason I ask you masters: Does anybody have the saved game inside the Communication Tower? You know, before killing the boss? If you guys do, can you pleeeease send me this file?
    Last edited by Leo Leonhart; 06-25-2005 at 06:22 PM.

Can't help you, sir, I play the PSX version of the game. If you like, you can make a seperate thread for this sort of question titled 'FFVIII save file required', I'll allow it as it's not the usual sort of question. It's due to a bug on your disc and not so much a question about the game itself.

Still, somebody may have a save game file. You could try searching the internet, I think there are websites out there that let you download save game files.

You could also try to re-install the game. Just keep ahold of the save file you do have before the game crashed.

Custom User Title FFVIII Help Thread

Power Generator

I need help on getting the Power Generator.

I'm already on the fourth disk and missed any other chances to get them so I could use them on Quistis to acquire her Ray-Bomb Blue Magic. I looked it up and I've been reading how you can steal one from the Blitz monster but it is very rare. I haven't had any luck with stealing a Power Generator from the Blitz so I continued to look up information about this. I also found out that if you defeat over thirty enemies over level thirty, you may be able to steal from them.

I'm kind of confused, though. Does that mean kill any monster in the game that's above level thirty over thirty times? Or does it mean that I have to kill over thirty of the Blitz monsters over thirty times? Do I have to steal from them each time, not steal from them, or does it even matter?

Please, if anyone knows how to go about this the right way and knows that it'll work, I would greatly appreciate it. I've kind of lost the motivation to play Final Fantasy VIII because I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way and am not sure if I'll ever get the Power Generator. And from the sounds of it I could have gotten it easily earlier in the game but now that I'm on the fourth disk, I can't seem to find any other way to get the Power Generator.

Omnislash:)=
    You can't steal it you must mug it from blitz easy way to encounter blitzes is to walk in forests near edea's house. if it says cannot steal anything cure the blitz and use mug again.It's very rare to get it so it might take a while but just be patient.Hope this works

PS:don't waLK IN THE FOREST NEAREST EDEA'S HOUSE GO A LITTLE FURTHER DOWN

ps2:blitzes give you many times 8 betrayal sword.I have done this on PAL version.

Omnislash:)=
    And Yes You Can Get It In Fourth Disk.anybody Saying Anything Else Are Liars

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Leonhart
    Good evening everybody!

Well, I'm a super fan of the Final Fantasy games, specially FF8. I finished this game several times but now I'm having a BIG problem with my disc one. The problem is: The game crashes at the Dollet Communication Tower (disc one) when Squall, Zell and Seifer get at the top of the hill and they meet Selphie. In this part the game crashes to desktop. For this reason I ask you masters: Does anybody have the saved game inside the Communication Tower? You know, before killing the boss? If you guys do, can you pleeeease send me this file?
    I don't have th PC version, and I know this is COMPLETELY unrelated, but my FF8 also has a problem with saving inside the communications tower. Except for the fact it refuses to save rather then freezing.

Rinoa Heartilly: woah, I had no idea that was possible. I have to try it now... @_@;;...

I'm not sure to your question, though I seriously doubt it, I, having been through the game, seen everything there was to see, and never found any, so it's highly unlikely.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

hi i just started playing. i do not undestand the junctioning system and i don't understand nothing lol anyways like hwo to make them immune to stuff or somethign liek that

You're asking a lot, understanding that takes time. Try using the tutorials. Buttttttt, I'll give it a go anyways.

Everything in this game revolves around your gf's. They are the basis of the junctioning system. They allow you to learn new ability's and use magic. When you get a new gf you choose what ability's to teach it. Some ability's make your magic stronger, others your hp. There's a lot more to it than that, but those are the basics.

Junctioning is the method of using magic you've drawn from enimies to customize and strengthen your characters. You equip (junction) magic you've drawn from enimies to different stats like hp, strength, vitality, magic, speed, luck and a few others. You can junction a maximum of 100 magic to each stat. Depending on the strength of the magic, you can easily double the damage you do with magic or double your HP. You can only use one type of magic on each stat. Some magic works better on some stats than others. Ultima is probably the strongest magic in the game, but Full-life will raise your HP more when junctioned than ultima.

For your first play through the game you have the option to auto junction, this allows you to junction magic to make your magic high, your hp high or you strength high. This probably the best method for you at the beggining. Later on you can fool around with different settings. I won't go into trying to explain status junctioning or elemental junctions as you can easily get through the game for the first time without understanding those.

Hopefully this helps a little, if not ask questions and you'll get answers.

Sora Valour
    Quote Originally Posted by OnOneRyder
    You're asking a lot, understanding that takes time. Try using the tutorials. Buttttttt, I'll give it a go anyways.

Everything in this game revolves around your gf's. They are the basis of the junctioning system. They allow you to learn new ability's and use magic. When you get a new gf you choose what ability's to teach it. Some ability's make your magic stronger, others your hp. There's a lot more to it than that, but those are the basics.

Junctioning is the method of using magic you've drawn from enimies to customize and strengthen your characters. You equip (junction) magic you've drawn from enimies to different stats like hp, strength, vitality, magic, speed, luck and a few others. You can junction a maximum of 100 magic to each stat. Depending on the strength of the magic, you can easily double the damage you do with magic or double your HP. You can only use one type of magic on each stat. Some magic works better on some stats than others. Ultima is probably the strongest magic in the game, but Full-life will raise your HP more when junctioned than ultima.

For your first play through the game you have the option to auto junction, this allows you to junction magic to make your magic high, your hp high or you strength high. This probably the best method for you at the beggining. Later on you can fool around with different settings. I won't go into trying to explain status junctioning or elemental junctions as you can easily get through the game for the first time without understanding those.

Hopefully this helps a little, if not ask questions and you'll get answers.

or you can look for a walkthrough ^ thats a good one for me! or you can
    | look for one on the internet.
    |

i thnk i figuredit out lol thanx

hey um i got a problem with the eden gf, i wanna get the easy way by beating tiamat but i dont know what will happen if i kill all eight bosses then leave the castle because i still want 2 defeat ultimecia again. please give us a hand.
    "Who is more Foolish? the fool or the fool who follows him"--Ben Kenobi, Star Wars A New Hope

LETS MOSEY

\___\____(.)(.)_____/___/
    / \
    ( o o)
    -|-
    U
    YAY FOR MOOSES!!!!

SAVE GRAMMAR, now that I know that there is no official association for saving grammar I'm starting it. People who join this will respect the rules of grammar or at least type you instead of u. If you wish to join please private message me. SAVE GRAMMAR

Members: Shaun Taylor 18, The Soul Stalker, garoupinha87 and Tiger Lily

please give us a hand
    Wtf? We wants it, we must haves it. You're playing this game with other people eh?

Anyways, you're question is kind of odd but I'll do my best. You're asking can you beat the monsters in Ultimecia's castle and leave the castle before fighting Ultimecia? If so,the answer is yes. The only real reason to get eden in the castle would be if you missed it before, or you chose not to get it because you wanted to keep all the fixed encounters in the deep sea facility. Otherwise go get it from Ulitma, better fight.
    Last edited by OnOneRyder; 01-21-2006 at 12:59 AM.

3 things
    1. thanks for your help ill try it 2morrow morning
    2. the term "give us a hand" is 2 do with australia dialect were we sometimes refer 2 ourselves as us
    3. im 2 lazy 2 go verse ultima because ive tryed a couple of time and just gotten my ass kicked.
    thanks again
    "Who is more Foolish? the fool or the fool who follows him"--Ben Kenobi, Star Wars A New Hope

LETS MOSEY

\___\____(.)(.)_____/___/
    / \
    ( o o)
    -|-
    U
    YAY FOR MOOSES!!!!

SAVE GRAMMAR, now that I know that there is no official association for saving grammar I'm starting it. People who join this will respect the rules of grammar or at least type you instead of u. If you wish to join please private message me. SAVE GRAMMAR

Members: Shaun Taylor 18, The Soul Stalker, garoupinha87 and Tiger Lily

Vahn70
    Hey I never tried this before but does Carbuncle's reflect work on Ultimecia.

FFVIII Help Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn70
    Hey I never tried this before but does Carbuncle's reflect work on Ultimecia.
    Yes it does... briefly. Ultimecia will waste no time in knocking it off with dispel.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast