Thread: Life-sized Buster Sword (and other video game/anime weapons)

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Life-sized Buster Sword (and other video game/anime weapons) Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Life-sized Buster Sword (and other video game/anime weapons)

"Ridonkulous."

The sheer size of the Buster Sword.... good lord. I always knew it would be a big-ass blade when made to scale, but to see it done for real is amazing. Almost terrifying.

Came across this master blacksmith's channel a few weeks ago while searching for some FFVII remixes on YouTube. He forges quite a few notable weapons from video games and anime, mostly based upon the number of times one is requested over time (I guess that's why every video starts off with a montage of YouTube comments). So far he's forged Link's Master Sword (my favorite so far), Sora's Keyblade, the Diamond Sword from Minecraft, an Orcish Battleaxe from Skyrim, and others. All functional! Pretty neat.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was the old Buster Sword videos I saw. This one looks like they made it even better but...

the Buster Sword isn't heavy. Cloud states this in Dissidia.

Still so good to just HAVE on your wall or something.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Life-sized Buster Sword (and other video game/anime weapons) Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    When I first saw this thread I thought it was the old Buster Sword videos I saw. This one looks like they made it even better but...

the Buster Sword isn't heavy. Cloud states this in Dissidia.

Still so good to just HAVE on your wall or something.
    Cloud also exists in a world where magic is prevalent and Red XIII can speak. Some things video game designers create don't transfer over to the real world. I'll take this blacksmith's expert opinion of what it takes to make a real, durable blade (ridiculous dimensions of this sword aside, that was part of the challenge) over something a video game writer had a fictional character say once in Dissidia. He probably could have made the blade lighter using a softer metal or hollowing it out some, but it wouldn't have been as durable.

It's strictly an educational argument, anyway---there's no way this thing would be used for battle, or for anything but slicing watermelons on a table through sheer force of gravity. It's like a barely-portable guillotine. I'd be afraid to hang it on a wall for that reason!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm very impressed. It's definitely the best I've seen.

If it's going to be hanging on his wall, then he reeeally needs to make sure it won't bring it down. Trying to hang something like that will not be easy!

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Oh I know it's a video game logic that it's not heavy. The design is way cool looking though once again. I'd be more impressed with a Gunblade Squall and Lightnings.

NEXT PLEASE!
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries

Re: Life-sized Buster Sword (and other video game/anime weapons)

A lot of people have been requesting Lightning's sword (A sword? Does she use more than one? I have not played any of the games she's featured in.)

I would like to see him create a functional gunblade, though.

I'm assuming her main blade from the beginning of FFXIII.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries

Sephiroth's Masamune. Holy... wow. Holy ****in' shit. It would scare the hell out of me to swing that thing.

Queen Life-sized Buster Sword (and other video game/anime weapons) Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognitus View Post

Sephiroth's Masamune. Holy... wow. Holy ****in' shit. It would scare the hell out of me to swing that thing.
    Its beautiful(n sexy). Those guys did a great job.

As much I love the iconic Buster Sword, to me its size can get a tad too vulgar at times likw a huge, unforgiving bulk of ruthlessness BUt its still my favourite in any videogame. What I love most about the Masamune is its elegance much like the Yamato (and their wielders ;DD) and the sleekness n simplicity in its design (both are Kitanas) not so much the (6-8ft) length but its definitely one of its key attractions. Length aside, the Masamune is far more realistic to wield..the Buster Sword is what Id be more worried about.if I was Cloud I woulda left that shit back in MidgarXD Id be scared of trying to pick up the Buster sword let alone trying to swing/shift it.

Id love to have the Masamune but what I'd love to have most is the only person that can handle it :) Overall, I absolutely adore both swords. Both suit their owners(incl Zack) really well. The Masamune just screams finesse n suits my Sephiroth to a tee.

Also I imagine that the Buster Sword seen in this video (0:43) could also pass off as the weathered one in Advent Children.