Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII PC

Queen Final Fantasy VII PC Crescent's Avatar

News Post Final Fantasy VII PC

As a MASSIVE FFVII fan I do want to keep updates on the latest FFVII-related news on this forum. This the latest. Im thinking SE are doing this as Ive mentioned numerous times before, Wada long ago officially stated that the FFVII compilation would remain active till the 20th anniversary of FFVII's official release..I don't really want a remake but I am interested in another FFVII instalment to see where this Genesis storyline is headed..and drool over Sephiroth & Vincent in HDCGI.

Square Enix registers FinalFantasyVIIPC.com domain... but what for? by VR-Zone.com
    Square Enix registers FinalFantasyVIIPC.com domain, FFVII remake possible - Charlotte Video Game | Examiner.com
    As talk of Final Fantasy VII remake heats up, Square gets FinalFantasyviiPC.com

I hate speculating but when it comes to FFVII I can't help it...Thoughts on this anyone??

TFF's Token Imp Final Fantasy VII PC Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: "FinalFantasyVIIPC.com"

I have to be honest, if they remake it on PC considering it's already been OUT on PC, I will sadly genuinely consider boycotting Squeenix products. I'm not being facetious or uppity, just I beg that the gaming side of VII has to stop. Continuing the Genesis story I agree would be nice but why not a small novella perhaps? There
    comes a time when enough is enough I think.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VII PC Xanatos's Avatar

As long as there are bunch of fools out there who are eager to spend their money on bad, mediocre at best games and movies related to Final Fantasy VII I say milk the shit out of it, as long as Square invests that money onto making something good for a change. With that being said, I don't think this is a remake, highly doubt it's even a HD update, my money's on Final Fantasy VII being released on steam.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VII PC Rowan's Avatar

FF7 Hits Steam!

Final Fantasy 7 Hitting Steam With Achievements, Cloud Saves, Boosters - Rumour - NowGamer

im thinking of getting it just so I show everyone that Im able to get all the achievments because im such a ****ing expert at the game.

what are your thoughts?

Re: FF7 Hits Steam!

Oh you! Beat me to it! FK YEAH.

Though I'm not really familiar with Steam, the only game Ive played on it is Batman: Arkham Asylum on my bros account. I love my Batman too!

SOO FKN EXCITED!!! AHHH!! XD

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VII PC SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: FF7 Hits Steam!

you should read that page carefully...
    Currently Playing:

Bananarama Final Fantasy VII PC Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to agree. There have been so many new characters and story lines for a game that was pretty well wrapped up at the conclusion of the original. I really hate the idea of continuing these stories because I can't view them as canon. But if the people want to spend money, squeenix will keep making games. I just don't see why they focused on 7. It was good, but not the best ever
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

ALOT of people like myself, connected with FFVII in such a special way. I will not bother to articulate it to those who strongly feel and think otherwise. All I can suggest to people is that they go n play it and see how they feel during n after their first playthrough. FFVI was the first FF I ever played and for me, FFVII took a huge shit all over it. You don't have to view all those FFVII spinoffs as canon (I don't..at times) but Im just grateful that a team of such talent and exceptionally creative minds were capable of designing such a masterpiece. FFVII has stood the test of time and is well beyond its medium. I can't help but feel indebted to the original FFVII team that still work at Square and will trust that they take whats left of FFVII in the right direction and so far, I'm fine with it. Even if SE do remake FFVII and (inevitably) butcher it, I can always go back n play the original. Its just that when it comes to the world of FFVII, you never get a sense of closure (Nomura said exactly this too) Truly. BEST GAME EVER MADE.

On topic, because Im not really familiar with the workings of Steam (Ive played only one game on it) or online gaming(I don't give a flying fk about playing with other people esp online) tho it hasn't been officially confirmed (yet) by Square Enix, all the info/articles/updates Ive been reading Ive deduced that its almost certain FFVII is coming to Steam. (Why only FFVII u ask??....HAHAHA)

On a totally random note what a coincidence that I randomly change my sig to my other fave franchise Metal Gear Solid, Kojima jus confirmed MGS5 AND Batman: Dark Knight Rises comes out next month.. Life is good X')

Registered Uber Final Fantasy VII PC Hobaginator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omgawd View Post
    ALOT of people like myself, connected with FFVII in such a special way.

Hell yeah, well said. Haters gonna hate. In all honesty, if they made an online FF7 remake and did it right, my IRL would be over.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VII PC Rowan's Avatar

Just chiming in. FF7 is the best.

Magically Delicous Final Fantasy VII PC Merlin's Avatar

Just because they bought a domain doesn't mean they are actually producing another game. They bought up the domain name for FFXIII-3 too. If they do make it and it is anything remotely as shitty as FFXIII, FFXIV, or FFXIII-2 were, I'm not buying it. They need to stop churning out lipstick covered pigs and get back to their roots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Just because they bought a domain doesn't mean they are actually producing another game. They bought up the domain name for FFXIII-3 too. If they do make it and it is anything remotely as shitty as FFXIII, FFXIV, or FFXIII-2 were, I'm not buying it. They need to stop churning out lipstick covered pigs and get back to their roots.
    ^ This.

It's been bought up because it's going onto Steam as I think it was Rowan posted? I may be wrong about that.

But yeah - it's Steam.
    Spoiler:

Mystyrion

Final Fantasy VII PC *announced*

Final Fantasy VII is Coming to PC - IGN

The new version will feature 36 new achievements that you can compare with friends online, the site states. Cloud saves are also part of the online feature package. Another addition, "Character Booster", will apparently allow you to increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to maximum, which seems to be intended to soften the difficulty.

Minimum PC specs are also listed. If you want to run the game, you'll need: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit), a 2GHz Processor or faster, 1GB RAM and a DirectX 9-compatible graphic card.

We first reported this as a rumour a few weeks ago - additional information gleaned at the time suggested that the game would retail for around £7.99 (about $12).
    Cooooooool.

EDIT: here is the website... again.
    http://finalfantasyviipc.com/us
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 07-04-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Re: Final Fantasy VII PC *announced*

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Final Fantasy VII is Coming to PC - IGN

Cooooooool.

EDIT: here is the website... again.
    FINAL FANTASY VII
    Yeh Im probably the most happiest girl in the world right now!!!!!! Thankyou for keeping on top of it for me Mysterion!!! Im gonna go jump around my room now.

Edit: Not a fan of the character booster lol FFVII is easy enough as it is. Guess its for those noobs who've never played THE game let alone a JRPG..pfft disgrace..

re: Final Fantasy VII PC

Achievements...... ARE GAY!

Character booster???? Are there actually people in the world that have difficulty progressing in this game??? I think arrow signs would probably work better, which are in the original anyway, after that they should buy a sidearm and buy a guide book on how to shoot themselves in the head. World gets lighter and we might start seeing better games coming out!.....again...

Another FF7 spin off/whatever all on accounts of the money grubing share holders just wanting more money, dont buy into this bullshit people.

Play your original copy, it will be better trust me, heck they may make yuffie and vincent as DLC

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VII PC Xanatos's Avatar

Another addition, "Character Booster", will apparently allow you to increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to maximum, which seems to be intended to soften the difficulty.
    Why? It's already one of the easiest games in franchise.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Why? It's already one of the easiest games in franchise.
    To keep from people hacking the game?
    I dunno. There has always been people who like to take the easy route.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Achievements...... ARE GAY!
    Ive always thought the same.

Another FF7 spin off/whatever all on accounts of the money grubing share holders just wanting more money, dont buy into this bullshit people.
    I know..but u kno me any lil excuse to replay my game! Without any of those silly unnecessary handicaps mind you X)

..heck they may make yuffie and vincent as DLC
    Lmao.

On another note I love going on the site it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    heck they may make yuffie and vincent as DLC
    Naw, what fans really want is an alternate ending for Aerith as DLC.

Making Yuffie and Vincent DLC will probably piss off a lot of people. I don't really care for achievements but they give you something to do in the game. I'm pretty positive most of us have probably completed all of those achievements from our playthroughs in our life.

but honestly, you guys got your Remake. You can be quiet now.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

This isn't a remake, it's just a re-release of the PC version in downloadable form.

This isn't a remake, it's just a re-release of the PC version in downloadable form.
    Exactly. lol

Registered User Final Fantasy VII PC + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have to be honest, if they remake it on PC considering it's already been OUT on PC, I will sadly genuinely consider boycotting Squeenix products. I'm not being facetious or uppity, just I beg that the gaming side of VII has to stop. Continuing the Genesis story I agree would be nice but why not a small novella perhaps? There
    comes a time when enough is enough I think.
    I know what you mean. It's a 15-year-old game, Square...move on and leave the memories alone.

The original PC version was actually the first version I played of FF7. I didn't get a PS1 copy until years later.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by + Revenant + View Post
    I know what you mean. It's a 15-year-old game, Square...move on and leave the memories alone.

The original PC version was actually the first version I played of FF7. I didn't get a PS1 copy until years later.
    5 more years and the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7 will close. You'll get your wish then.

Blog Entries

welp, square has an official site open talking about the PC rerelease of the game, they're putting in 36 brand new achievements in the game for you to earn, a character booster to raise hp, mp, and gil to their max by clicking on a button if you need it (which is kind of cheating), and you can get access to your save file from anywhere. So that sounds pretty cool if you're a PC gamer and prefer FFVII on your PC.

Official site!
    FINAL FANTASY VII
    Currently Playing:

OK seriously, who is their target audience with features like "character booster" which maxes out your stats and gives you infinite gil? >_<

Blog Entries

OK seriously, who is their target audience with features like "character booster" which maxes out your stats and gives you infinite gil? >_<
    Morons. Or children. Or both.
    Spoiler:

A lot of us grew up on the classics, which were much harder than FFVII. I won't comment on whether the kids today are less intelligent when it comes to spatial orientation and hand coordination... or the ability to read for that matter.

Blog Entries

Besides, this game literally gives away X-Potions for almost every battle if you fight in wutai. Why would you NEED to use the character booster? gil is not too hard to come by either, just master your all materia and sell it.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Final Fantasy VII PC EmperorLeo's Avatar

The Character Booster is definitely for the people who want to play through the game and discover the story line. I have younger brothers that hear me talk about the game all the time, but have never really played an RPG, so I watch them struggle to do anything effective in battle. I rave about the story line so they really want to play, but they can hardly make it to Air Buster without needing help. This would let them play the story without worrying about being too weak to make it through places, even if this was one of the easiest in the series (anyone have memories of the Demon Wall from FFIV? I sure do), it lets people who aren't great at turn-based RPGs a chance to see why we like them so much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast