Thread: FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs

Certified tech, come at me! FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs

In a recent interview with Kitase he talked about some new details in the remake. First off, he said the length of the game episodes are looking to be on par in length with the size of a Final Fantasy XIII game. As for the inclusions, if there are areas he can use, he is looking at either having mentions of some of the spin-off characters and places, or having the people or places make an appearance, at least, for the characters in the spin-offs that were most popular.

Who would you want to see appear in the remake, if any spin-off character? I would like to see more of the zack fair flashback, or in fact have it be like a playable part of the game as like an intro to the game and then a flash forward to the intro of FFVII. He did have a metaphysical appearance in Advent Children like Aeris did so I would also like to see him appear in some instances like that watching Cloud and co's progress and commenting on what he witnesses.

I also would like maybe a brief mention of Lazard after the events of CC, if any of you played the Crisis Core prequel you know what I mean. If I were making this remake, I would make some connection so the continuity makes sense in the FF7 compilation.

If anyone else, I would also like to know what's up with Cissnei. That's about all I can remember from the spin-off prequel wise.

More in the article if you want to see the Kitase interview.
    Final Fantasy VII Remake May See Some Areas And Characters From Its Spinoffs - Siliconera
    Currently Playing:

The Mad God FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Cissnei, Genesis, Lazard, maybe even Loz, Yazoo, and Kadaj would all be interesting to see more about. Definitely the Tsviets. I wouldn't want them to be made into a main story element, since the original story went just fine without Cloud having any knowledge of these people, but cameos or references, maybe even optional sidequests involving spinoff plots could be cool.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 04-13-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Bananarama FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't want any of it incorporated into the main game, with one exception. Remake it as a stand-alone game and also have a game of the year style, where everything is remade in ps4 graphics and flows seamlessly.

That way everyone is happy
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Boxer of the Galaxy FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs Rowan's Avatar
    I hate genesis and the majority of the shite that came with crisis core, with the exception of zack, Just FYI, zack had a physical appearance in ff7 too, during the flashback scenes in the Shinra mansion.

The Mad God FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs Heartless Angel's Avatar
    At the very least they could change the flashback to include the army Zack fought at the end of CC, rather than just the 3 guys who finished it.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Boxer of the Galaxy FFVII remake may include areas and characters from spin-offs Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    At the very least they could change the flashback to include the army Zack fought at the end of CC, rather than just the 3 guys who finished it.
    I think it was very overdramatised in crisis core. The thing i loved about ff7 was its bluntness. When zack was killed, there was no army of soldiers, no scene where he hands the sword to cloud and gives him an epic speech that would later be forgetten.

Zack is shot dead repeatedly by a few soldiers and killed. Cloud crawls over, says nothing, just takes the sword and looks to the sky. That kind of subtle expression of scenario is far more tasteful than the bold and the beautiful soap style sudsing we were lathered in by crisis core.

That's a matter of opinion, but the fact of the matter is that FF7 now has an extended canon which the original game doesn't accurately reflect.