Yes, that's what many fangirls think. Forget all discussions about "Does Cloud love Aerith or Tifa?" - he's gay.

Have you ever read those fangirl-fanfictions in which Cloud suddenly loves Sephiroth? Though he's fighting him? Though Sephiroth probably doesn't love ANYBODY in the whole wide world - especially as he wants to destroy the world.
And even if Cloud doesn't love Sephiroth - he loves Reno, Zack (especially Zack!!) or Vincent. No girls allowed.

This is something I can't really understand:
I see that Cloud and Sephiroth are somehow bound to another. They share their fate. And they both have been SOLDIERs. (Okay, Cloud wasn't, really, but... you know what I mean ^^") There are many many fanfictions about the time when Sephiroth still was a SOLDIER and then he eventually got to know Cloud and then... they fell in love. o_o"
I also see that Zack and Cloud are best friends. (At least I suppose they are - I haven't played CC so far, I've just heard MUCH about the game... and Zack.)

Don't get me wrong: I've no problem with reading such stories. However, if I know that the characters aren't gay, it seems so... wrong. That's like writing a story about my boyfriend kissing another man. That's just wrong.

So, basically:
What do you think about such stories?
Have you read one of those before?
Do you think it's wrong to make Cloud fall in love with a MAN? Or am I just too ignorant?
And if you're in favor of those pairs: Which one do you like best? And please EXPLAIN why they can possibly fall in love with each other. :/
Oh and for the guys: Tifa could also fall in love with Aerith or such. But there aren't many stories about girls... ^^"

I KNOW that fanfictions are just FICTION. And that Cloud and Sephiroth do not exist in real life. (Though I've already read stories about (male) band members of Japanese rock bands who fall in love with each other... and have sex. Lots and lots of sex. x_x") I know that people can write about what they want to. And I know that I don't have to read the stories. (Actually, though, I have to read some of them, as I'm in a kind of jury on a website that chooses good stories every month... and if you want to find a good story, you have to read the bad ones as well...)
So this shouldn't be a discussion about how ignorant I am ( ) but a discussion about such pairs.... and fanfictions.