Thread: Best materia

Registered User Best materia Zidane77's Avatar

Best materia

What is your best materia settings?
    I find it hard to switch materia when doing missions, because i really need some of the stats.

-Hell Firaga (Mag 96)
    -Status Ward (Vit 57)
    -Costly Punch (mag 13) /Assault Twister+ (luck 94)
    -Wall (HP 990)
    -Aerial Drain (Atk 100)
    -Atk Up++ (Atk 87)

(Definetly think i could switch up something for Aerial Drain and atk up, but i need more SP)

accessories
    -Wizard Bracelet/Shinra Beta+
    -Feather Cap
    -Adaman Bangle
    -Brutal

On Lv 77 with everything mastered which i use, tend to try 1-2 new materia from time to time.
    Currently on my second playthrough in hard difficulty with 81% mission progress
    Last edited by Zidane77; 03-05-2011 at 12:54 PM.

___________ Best materia Kyreaan's Avatar

Re: Best materia

Some of these were already put up on a previous thread. This is my equiped list with best so far:

Quake 'master' HP+700% ('cause it was so much faster than Flare and Ultima)
    Firaga Blade 'master' SPR+80 ('cause I liked Proto Spellblade)
    Dispel Blade 'master' ATK+45
    Mug 'master' MAG+100
    Libra 'master' MP+100%
    Dualcast 'master' MP+60%

Alt:
    Costly Punch 'master' sometimes switched depending on area, just like Drainga 'master' with HP+500% or Curaga but rarely. Other switch outs in different areas are sometimes fun.

Acc:
    Protect Ring
    Ziedrich
    Adaman Bangle
    Genji Glove

77% mission progress
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 03-05-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Like that you use mug and spellblade, also im pretty sure i dont have Genji Gloves ,what does it do?

One thing though, with this settings you're vulnerable against status ailments, especially like stop and death, that's what Status ward/Hell Firaga covers, regardless of your spirit stats.
    Do you have brutal accessory?

Quake also drains MP so fast, without Gold Hairpin it's gonna be ether every 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 03-05-2011 at 12:16 PM.

I'm used to using Ethers, and I liked having my Libra doubling my MP pool. It's like having Bubble for magic points. Quake is only 58MP. Gold Hairpin just took away a slot where I can use much better accessories. Feather Cap was useless for me because my pools boosting up to double through DMW was almost maxing out HP and MP anyway.

As far as status, I know what you mean. The set up I came up with gave me a fast character. The set up also maxed my magic and spirit. I wanted to take a lot of magic punishment.
    Plus I ended up getting the Ribbon and Super Ribbon accessories where I could replace Protect Ring, which gives Auto Wall.

Genji Gloves do the same thing as Brutal, except you always have Critical status. The ability given is called Break Damage Limit+.
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 03-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Wow that's absolutely awesome, then i wouldn't need luck for critical.
    Where do you get the Genji Gloves, it's fine if you don't remember

I stopped using Feather Cap for the same reason.
    I need a Ribbon too, then i wouldn't use 2 materias for protection.
    So how much damage do you do only with attacks?
    I assume you're mainly going for magic damage.

Spoiler:
    The Genji Gloves are located deep in the Great Cavern of Wonders, where I found the best stuff so far. During those missions, I also found a store card where they sell the Genji Helmet. I haven't found if there are other Genji equipment, but I'm hoping for it. Keep at that list of missions and build Zack up. Search entire areas for all chests. The last mission is a surprise.

I wanted a good balance between attack and magic. My normal swing at high level monsters is a few thousand, but my Firaga Blade swings around 42,000-49,000 and has a wide swing. Dispel Blade is less than Firaga Blade's damage, but still higher than normal attacks.

Costly Punch, as you probably saw already, doesn't care about your set up. It varies, but hits hard. Oh, there's also a neat little combo I mentioned to someone else. It doesn't work on all enemies, but using Graviga with Dualcast is pretty fun.
    'I slice your HP in half, and then I do it again!'

I didn't even think about it, but my Zack turned out to be the best Red Mage ever.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Nice sounds good, i was mostly focusing on trying to get critical up and running, i was auto-hitting with each hit 33.000-52.000 but this sounds pretty good.
    I might try this with Firaga blade, sounds interesting.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 03-06-2011 at 01:37 AM.