Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum

Learner Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum CloudTide's Avatar

Post Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum

Setting:
    This story takes place around the same time in Crisis Core when Zack is promoted to a 1st: Rufus isn’t pres of Shinra yet, Aerith (or Aeris if u prefer) and Zack are still alive (yeah!!), Cloud is still a noob at Shinra, Yuffie’s still a little kid, Vincent’s still sleeping in his cozy, little coffin, yadda yadda yadda. Anyway this is about another anti-Shinra group called EARTHQUAKE…ok just kidding (that was a bad joke). It’s about a Materia hunting croup called Magnum and it consists of four members (including my character). Magnum’s base of operations is called Yamita Cave in the Wutai Area (western continent of attached map), in a secret cave in the valley that leads to the town of Wutai. I’ve attached a map for those of you haven’t played the original VII.

Rules:
    1. This is a mature RP so cusswords are allowed. Although I will not allow sexual content.
    2. Don’t godmod. You’re character can be the goddess of whatever but no super death weapons that can blow up the planet.
    3. You may create one or two characters (three is too much).
    4. You’re character can be a member of Magnum, AVALANCHE, SOLDIER, nothing at all, or whatever, though I would appreciate having at least some of your characters being the remaining three members of Magnum.

Here’s the Character Layout:

Name:
    Equipment (Weapons, Materia, and Accessories):
    Appearance:
    Relatives:
    Home Town:
    History:
    Current Location:
    Personality:
    Goal:

Here is mine (you may refer to this if you need to later):

Name: Zenny Urakuma
    Equipment: Two short daggers, Fairy Ring, and Ifrit Materia
    Appearance: Standing 5,10, he wears a dark green, cotton shirt, and basketball shorts with a belt. He also wears gloves with the fingers cut out of them and old SOLDEIR boots he found. He has brown hair that spikes in the front and comes to a point in the back.
    Relatives: An older cousin name Yamita who is 11 years older than Zenny
    Home Town: Wutai
    History: Before Zenny was born his home town of Wutai, his father left his mother while she was pregnant and never came back. When Zenny’s mother gave birth to him she died so he was taken in by his uncle, aunt, and cousin. When Zenny turned nine, his uncle and aunt died of an unknown disease. So his 20 year old cousin raised him until he turned 18 and she told him, “Zenny, now that you’re an adult you have to go out of Wutai and become something.” So he left the next day and while he was in the valley near Wutai he spotted a small red rock stuck in a crevice in the ground. He picked it up and realized it was a summon Materia that his cousin always told him about. To this day he still doesn’t know what monster is summoned by that Materia for he has never needed to use it. That day when he found that Materia he told himself that he was going to find all of the Materia in the world and that this is what he’d become…a Materia hunter. “I’m doing this for you Yami,” that’s what he always told himself and still tells himself. He also realized that he could not do this task alone. So he formed a small group called Magnum that lived and still live in a cave that he named after his cousin under the exact same spot he found his first Materia.
    Current Location: Yamita Cave
    Personality: Zenny is an energetic, kindhearted man who is determined and never gives up.
    Goal: To obtain every Materia in the world.

Note: I will also play Yamita when she appears if no one wants to.
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum-map-gif 
    Last edited by CloudTide; 06-21-2010 at 07:48 AM.

The Mad God Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum

Name: Lucian Nilrem
    Weapon: Deus Ex Machina, a terrifyingly powerful staff, with a head made from an ancient Materia containing knowledge of forgotten magicks.
    Materia: Master Magic-(linked)-MP Absorb, HP-MP Switch, Time, and the Materia on his staff is known as "Cosmic Materia"
    Accesories: Tome of the Masters (allows dualcasting)
    Appearance: Lucian stands at 6'1", and is somewhat muscular. He has mid length, unruly black hair, and a black full goatee. He wears an open black silk robe, trimmed with silver, decorated with images of celestial bodies, along with a simple pair of black pants, leaving his chest exposed.
    Relatives: All deceased
    Home Town: Destroyed
    History: Lucian was born 473 years ago, he has therefore outlived all of his family. When he was 23, he stumbled upon an ancient tome, detailing a mage's research of time magic, attempting to use it to gain eternal youth. Most dismissed this research as stubborn nonsense, and the mage that conducted it had died long ago. Lucian however, finished what the mage had started, and found a way to use time magic to slow his aging to a halt. Lucian's work later became an entire school of magic known as Chronomancy. Though its practice has almost completely died out, as almost none were able to use it. Lucian however was not content with this magic, he wanted to learn more He wanted to master all forms of magic, so he became a Materia hunter. He has since obtained a Master Magic materia, though he knows for a fact that this materia doesn't contain ALL forms of magic, so he continues his search for Materia that even the Cetra would consider ancient.
    Current Location: Yamita Cave
    Personality: Lucian is a brilliant thinker, but his mind is twisted by his endless search for power and knowledge. On the surface, he appears kind, and helpful, but this is a lie.
    Goal: To transcend humanity through magic mastery.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

sweet my first member, glad you decided to join Heartless. You really enjoy playinf immortal beings dont u? ive read some of ur other work on rps and i gotta say im really impressed. cant wait till more people join!

Actually this one's not immortal, just can't age. Damage can still kill him, just not time.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

ahh ok thats a really good idea
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum Magi of Worlds's Avatar

I think I'll join this on seeing as how my other two RPs are kinda slow at the moment. -Winks- No offense you two! Your doing great! Anyway...

Name: Arch Zanzo
    Equipment: (Weapons)Thanks to his massive height, Arch weilds a Buster Sword similar to the one seen in Crisis Core except this one has a red ribbon tied to the hilt. He calls it Executioner. (Materia)Arch has a summon materia for Bahamut that he never uses. (Accessories)None.
    Appearance: Not willing to quite relinquish the good old days as a member of SOLDIER, Arch still wears his old uniform(looks exactly like Zach's from Crisis Core). With the exception of the helmet of course! Like Zach and Angeal, Arch has a full head of black hair that he stylizes exactly like them. His eyes glow from being infused with Mako energy so they are a little creepy to stare in to. He stands roughly six and a half feet tall and is quite muscular and fit looking.
    Relatives: May be related to Cloud in some way but everyone else is dead.
    Home Town: Nibelheim
    History: Joining SOLDIER at the age of sixteen might have sounded like a bad idea to his family but Arch wanted to be like his hero Sephiroth. He even got to go on a mission or two with him. Arch quit as soon as he learned of his parents mysterious deaths to find out more. He ran in to Zenny on his travels through Wutai and decided to join the group. He's been there ever since.
    Current Location: Nibelheim, gaining intelligence for Magnum.
    Personality: Can be wise beyond his years but also a troublemaker and adventurer. He loves to fight anybody, especially if he's drunk...
    Goal: To find out what happened to his parents and enjoy life to its fullest!
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

haha none taken and thanks, nice just one more member of Magnum and few more other characters and we're gonna start this thing!
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

You may never get to start if you're going to wait for all positions to be filled. Especially when it's one of your first few RPs, usually member count will be fairly low for a while.

ok well ill just wait for one more person and then we can start
    if no one signs up for a little while ill start anyway
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

That's a fairly realistic goal, and you've planned for the event of it not being met, so all is well. I look forward to starting.

i have ears :) Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum Full Life's Avatar

Name: John (second name unknown!)
    Equipment : weapon:bow and arrows, eqipment:leather armour,accesarys:a few pheonix downs on hand and Cure materia
    Appearance:Looks like a 15 year old, black hair, blue eyes,
    Relatives:is a orphan so not known
    Home Town:He was found in midgar but then travveled to junon
    History:not much is known exept he was found abbandend in midgar and joined Magnum at age 17
    Current Location:Cave of anceints
    Personality:curios and energetic and does ANYTHING to complete his goals and promises
    Goal:To find out the history of his family no matter the cost
    Last edited by Full Life; 06-23-2010 at 03:04 AM.
    well at least its ohkay...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]URL=http://www.ff-fan.com][/URL][/IMG]

Come Join my chat!
    http://mainlyrp.chatango.com/

ok thats good. Now Time Hero, could you tell me what your doing in the Cave of the Ancients or is it supposed to be something Magnum wasnt supposed to know about? besides that i think we can start this thing tomorrow because i need time to think about, write, and then at least try to perfect the first post.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Sounds good Cloud! Ready when you are.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

yes the first post will be posted tomorrow...WHICH IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

i have ears :) Final Fantasy VII: Chronicles of Magnum Full Life's Avatar

im in the cave because i was wondering if i would find a clue to my family history there (As well as my curiosity made me wana see the place!
    well at least its ohkay...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]URL=http://www.ff-fan.com][/URL][/IMG]

Come Join my chat!
    http://mainlyrp.chatango.com/

ok thank u for clarifying that

Alright Heartless permission to control ur character for the post a little bit please?
    Last edited by CloudTide; 06-23-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

I suppose, just don't go nuts with it, and keep my character's personality in mind.

alright sorry guys im gonna have to do the first post tomorrow due to personal reasons
    so bear with me
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Gotcha Cloud! Take your time if you need to. I want everyone to know that I may not be able to post today. Unfortunately I'm going to work at 4PM and not leaving until 11! So please bear with me. I will have a post up as soon as I can if the Rp is started today. Thanks.

alright guys i just finished the first post im gonna make the thread right now
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Yo time hero, time for u to post
    ur part of this 2
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

I think he's been off for a couple of days. Not quite sure on that so please don't quote me!

EDIT: I've been busy with my job for a while so sorry about not posting. I'll try to get a post up today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 06-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.