Thread: What do you think of Kefka?

Jack of all trades What do you think of Kefka? Red Mage's Avatar

What do you think of Kefka?

By that I mean as a character. Well to start off to me he's a prick that uses everyone to get what he wants. He is also a badass at the same time for his* Why so serious* attitude.

Hi there were Red Mages. We can hurt you with our Black Magic and heal you with our white Magic just so we can kick your asses some more. If we run out of MP or is just bored we can shank you with our sword. No need to waste your slots on a Black or White Mage since we can do both and more. So what if our stats aren't good or we can't use the best Magic of either classes, we can still hold our own far better than those two. Did we forget we also have a pimp hat and a badass feather on it. Our outfit's color is the same as your blood that is about to be spilled the second you fight us.Muhahahhaha Blue Mages,Dragoons,Monks, all of the classes don't got shit on us. Were just that good.

Re: What do you think of Kefka?

I would say hes the second best ff bad gut the first in my opinion is pretty obvious

The White Wizard of Fynn What do you think of Kefka? Mindu's Avatar

I don't share the love for Kefka that many FF6 diehards do, although he was a convincing villain and was better than any who had came before him in the series. The Emperor (FF2) and X-Death had little-to-no background and had stereotypical motives; Zemus and Garland were eleventh-hour villains and as a result there wasn't much room for development. Kefka on the other hand was present from the start of the game and played more of a role than a lot of the playable characters. His take on human life as being meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe was a realistic reason for wanting to end it - to him, anyway. After all, he was crazy.
    Last edited by Mindu; 01-04-2012 at 05:25 PM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What do you think of Kefka? Xanatos's Avatar

Kefka, bloody lunatic and a rather cunning person. Despite huge handicap compared to almost every other villain in franchise he still managed to obtain higher power and to achieve his goal, though it may be for a short notice.

Little to no background would be my only beef with Kefka, if they ever decide to do a proper remake, and I'm sure they will, I hope they add more depth to him. It wouldn't be bad either if they actually went with one of the fan theories where Kefka is actually Shadows long lost friend.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User What do you think of Kefka? Roz's Avatar

Kefka is easily my favorite character from the game, and one of my two favorite villains from the whole series (along with Kuja). He had me at *maniacal laughter*.

He got the power he wanted, destroyed the world and committed many other acts a proper villain should, stuff that had a real impact on me. Bonus points for witty banter, best laugh in the world and for being insane.

Jack of all trades What do you think of Kefka? Red Mage's Avatar

Hi there were Red Mages. We can hurt you with our Black Magic and heal you with our white Magic just so we can kick your asses some more. If we run out of MP or is just bored we can shank you with our sword. No need to waste your slots on a Black or White Mage since we can do both and more. So what if our stats aren't good or we can't use the best Magic of either classes, we can still hold our own far better than those two. Did we forget we also have a pimp hat and a badass feather on it. Our outfit's color is the same as your blood that is about to be spilled the second you fight us.Muhahahhaha Blue Mages,Dragoons,Monks, all of the classes don't got shit on us. Were just that good.

The most accomplished villain along with Delita(from Tactics)

Yes, Kefka died in the end but the damage was done, he destroyed the world. Not bad for a clown.

Kefka was a mad genius with style and one of the best villians, if not the best. Ultimecia was messed as well. Don't think anyone was mad enough to create a time compression before. I think both of them would make one hell of a couple.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 01-22-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Registered User What do you think of Kefka?

Joker + Steam Punk + Magic = Win

ಌ Turks ಌ What do you think of Kefka? Cissnei's Avatar

I don't particularly like him. From my experiences he's been so hyped up when compared to other video game villains of his time, but I'm not impressed. I guess I'm the minority.

Memento Rhapso What do you think of Kefka? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He ripped off the whole "poison the water supply" trick from Mateus, but otherwise he was pretty creative in how he harassed your party.
    I like him for the paradoxical sense of humor/desire to be god thing. He's kind of like Loki, except he has no Thor to put him in his place.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I will save the world What do you think of Kefka? Hero without a Name's Avatar

As an actual "evil" bad guy....he is arguably one of the most evil bosses in Final Fantasy. With the exception of the Emperor, or X-Death. His life I find actually amusing....and he actually put up a decent fight...well at the beginning when you faced it, if you used "runic" he's pretty much powerless. But I think he's def underrated as a final fantasy final boss. I personally hate the character... because he's evil. But he's still a no good, kill em all, bastard! And that's why he's good.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan