Thread: Renaming Characters. Anybody do it?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Renaming Characters. Anybody do it?

If given the option I generally like to rename Characters, especially in old games where only bit sprites are used. This game has so many characters to rename I thought I'd ask if anyone named thiers and share my names. All my names were given based on their sprite appearance and personality not the terrible Amano pictures.

Terra- Didn't change, As a main character for consistency and for assumed fame I keep the name so I won't get confused when people mention her. I also usually use my name or middle name for the main characters but since shes a girl that didn't work out.
    Locke - Johnny, I thought it was a bit of a common adventurer name. He's not foreign or anything so I didn't give him an eccentric name.
    Edgar - Steve, Edgar may actually be a more suiting name but I named him after a friend of mine and hes been stuck with it since.
    Sabin - Adam, Adam I think can be a tough name but mainly my brother begged me to use his middle name for this character.
    Celes - Sarah, I think for an every-day modern name, Sarah suits her well
    Cyan - John or Kai, I used to name him John. Just a strong sturdy name but my brother eventually got annoyed at a Johnny and a John in the party so he names him Kai, sometimes I refer to him as Kai too.
    Gau - Greg, Story-wise it dosn't make sense how he would actually have this name but I knew a couple weird kids named Greg so that's how he got this name.
    Setzer - Eddie, Not exactly sure why I called him this, I didn't originally like the name Setzer but now I do.
    Strago - Rudy, I thought it was a good old-man name. For some reason I think it matches his lumpy menu head.
    Relm - Mary?, I can't remember what I called her, I always name her Relm now
    Shadow - Shadow, Shadow was a fine name for a ninja not exactly original but suitable.
    Mog, GoGo and Umaro - the same names, not much to go on for them so I just kept their original names.
    Last edited by Dan558; 04-14-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)