Thread: Final Fantasy VI now on PSN!

Final Fantasy VI now on PSN!

I downloaded, I must say I missed this game.

Found that on Google, and wrote the text :3

Re: Final Fantasy VI now on PSN!

You're not in the US, are you? I just checked my PSN and FFVI was nowhere on there.

No I'm not, but the USA PSN did have it, they merely only put it on Latest.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it here. I even checked the list of PSOne Classics on Wikipedia and it shows release dates for all countries except North America. Maybe we'll get it soon. I hope so.

Well, we did get FFVI in PSN... We Europeans...

Yeah, lucky you. I plan on playing VI next after I'm finished with The After Years and I would like to play it on my PSP, so I hope we get it by then. I'm thinking we should get it any day now. Game releases in NA usually don't come too long after the European releases, if it does come after.

Wait for next Tuesday(I think?) or make a European account. I don't think Region Lock exists for PSP PSN...

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Final Fantasy VI now on PSN! Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I think (for future reference) we should start posting who exactly got what. Kinda had my hopes up when the same thing happened during the FFV announcement. ._.

What I can tell is that the first FFs are making their way to the PSP. Happened already with I, II,IV, V, VII-IX. Maybe I'll get VI once it comes out (if ever) to add to my not-so vast collection of FF games. I'm already having a blast with the After Years, so why not? Just don't expect me to join the never-ending Kefka vs Sephiroth debates.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

It sucks that we're (America) getting everything last when I'm sure it's probably quite easy to give us the game when other countries get them.

And I agree with you, Leon, about getting my hopes up. Happened with V and now VI, when people say it's on PSN, only for me to check and not find it.

You don't get everything last. You got Dissidia, Dissidia 012, all Kingdom Hearts Series, and many more games I know of, much earlier than we Europeans did.

Quote Originally Posted by TehSephirothSpirit View Post
    You don't get everything last. You got Dissidia, Dissidia 012, all Kingdom Hearts Series, and many more games I know of, much earlier than we Europeans did.
    Well that's weird. It seems like it happens with mostly just the games I personally want. Guess it's just bad luck on my part, eh?

Indeed. Now, concerning Final Fantasy VI, I think the next time USA PSN will update, it will be there. But that's a mere prediction of mine, so don't get your hopes up.

I hope so and am thinking so, too. With FFV, I'm sure we would've had that one by now had the whole PSN hack thing not have happened.

So I went with your suggestion and made a European account and successfully did it. One problem I came across, though...how do I now BUY the game? I can't buy PSN funds with my American credit card.

Did you try adding funds? I think PSN will automatically convert your $ to Euros or British Pounds :S

Yeah I tried that, but when I had to put in the correct name and address registered on my card, it didn't work because my card's registered in the USA, and on the PSP, it doesn't let me choose anything but the UK, since that's what the PSP system is registered under.

Well, problem solved. I came across this website that sells foreign PSN cards and they just email you the code. Did this and now I have both FFV and VI downloaded.