Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy III Mognet-Thread

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy III Mognet-Thread Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm still kind of confused as to how this thing works. Do two people need to be on at the same time to send mail? I'm from NZ, so that would probably result in me being on at some ungodly hour...

Can anyone clarify?

Master-Henry
    hey richie what needs to happen is both players need to have there friends FC added in mognet then try recieving mail from far away this should register everything online then the players should see the greyed # go white. my FC is 226-483-565-267

My code is 528 478 972 995 . I would appreciate any correspondence. Please let me know if you plan to add my code so that I may add your code to correspond.

Thank you, Kyuzo.
    Forever suffering from the 'CONFUSION' status effect...

Master-Henry
    kyuzo i have added you to my FC list my FC is 226-483-565-267

Thank you, M-H. I look forward to hearing from all. Here's to the acquisition of Master Items...

Kyuzo.

Blog Entries
    Hey I'll try and add you two, but I can only access it at Uni as my home wireless connection is a little OTT on the secure side that it won't allow my DS to access it... Probably within the next few days, cheers

I too have had a horrid time trying to access this wretched Mognet! Richie, please repost your FC if you don't mind. I can't seem to find it in the previous posts.

Thanks, Kyuzo.

yargne
    kyuzo i have added urs mine is 2793 7079 8627

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuzo View Post
    Richie, please repost your FC if you don't mind. I can't seem to find it in the previous posts.
    Nah that's the issue; my wireless won't support my DS at home, and the University wireless won't either, so I'm going to have to duck into a Starbucks or something.

I will try do it ASAP though, and I've got your FCs taken down, so as soon as I've got my FC, I'll let you know.

That's precisely my trouble. I am in total sympathy.

I will be trying again Monday the 4th (US calendar) around 9AM Eastern US time. If anyone is game, perhaps we can work the Mognet for unlockables.

Please let me know in case I need to input your FC.

Sorry for all the bother, Kyuzo.

Blog Entries
    OK so I think that means 1pm on the 4th for me... I'm not sure though. If anyone's good with timezones, can you help? I'm +12GMT.

Do we have to be on at the same time? Like could I send a letter whenever and then you just pick it up next time you're on? It would simplify things a lot.

Anything would be fine with me as I'm quite near distraction with the whole Mognet thing!

From what I've read, I have to have your FC, and you have to have mine, we have to get on the Mognet before we send and receive so that our codes register with the Mognet. Then we can send whenever. I think that's correct. At any rate, even if it's too much bother, when you get your FC we can try again. You'll get a laugh out of this, but I have to drive more than 25 miles to find a place that supports the DS !
    It's a kiosk for a cell phone company!!!

Good Luck, Kyuzo.

Today I finally got on the Mognet and sent messages to someone here mercilessly, all to no avail (apparently you have to RECEIVE as well as send mail-sigh). I haven't been able to find that person via his/her friend code, but I hereby offer my sincerest apologies!

So close, so very close....

KainsKrew
    I'm still confused too. I'm not sure if we have to be on it the same time or not. I will check to see if you sent me something.

I still don't understand how I succeeded in getting my letters off. I took my DS to this particular area where I can access the Mog, and there was one poor soul who was active. He/she didn't reply to my letter, so I went ahead and sent the other required letters. Unfortunately, I didn't realize you have to send 7 letters for each GROUP of characters (so you have to send a total of 21, 7 for each of the three sets of characters!). I only have one set which is able to get the unlockables and they were my least capable (newest) characters. I'll have to try again later this week.

To be honest, the unlockables have been a mixed lot. After sending the 7 letters to another player, you have to start sending 4 letters to each of the game characters, resetting the DS time with each letter- I found it irritating. I did as I was told and still don't have the final dungeon. I don't know what I did wrong. Getting the master Weapons was my major desire. The Onion Knight so far has been a real disappointment. I know they are slow to achieve JL's but PLEASE! The Ultima Weapon was somewhat a disappointment as well (unusable by several of my character jobs).

I will try to be on Thursday morning around 10AM time Eastern US. I managed to get on for a brief sec earlier this week so hopefully any of you whose codes I stored should be active. If you get me, don't worry about niceties, just spam the blazes at me. Remember, you also have to send 7 messages for each of the three groups you can save in the game, so 21 total. Good Luck and Regards, Kyuzo.

My Code again:528 478 972 995

Blog Entries
    I still can't find anywhere that will support it

The public wireless areas that I know of only seem to be compatible with laptops. My home wireless won't support my DS either. Only thing I can think of is getting a DSi, which would be compatible with my home wireless, and I really don't want to do that... Additionally, I don't know anyone with a DSi...

Anyone got any tips? Or, even better, anyone in Wellington NZ who knows a place??

I've been in the same circumstance! I unwittingly tried my DS next to a cell phone kiosk 25 miles from home and amazingly connected! I'm still not fully understanding of the rules of the Mog as to whether you can send mail when your target is off-line. I usually get by the kiosk once a week, so at least there's no real rush if you plan on sending me mail! I still have to send 14 messages to get the unlockables for my other two groups.

KainsKrew

Need the Orichalcum

Hey, I've got all the unlockables except Cid won't tell me to look in the basement for the monster. I've met all the req's for the ultima weapon sara has her fixed pendant etc. I've mailed Cid 6-8 times and no reply about needing the exterminator. Please let me know if this is common for others. Getting excited for FF4 after years on Wii ware.

KK:

I had a bit of similar trouble with the Secret Dungeon, but it seems to have rectified itself. The letter you'll need asks you to come look in the basement. Have you received anything similar? What was the last of Cid's letters to you and I will check my DS to see how far you are from the final letter.

Luck, Kyuzo.

KainsKrew
    The last letter I have is about when they were babies. I have 3 letters total from cid.

KK:

I looked at my DS and you seem to be one letter away. Just after the letter concerning the babies should come a letter concerning Mrs. Cid being frightened by something in the basement. I know it's a bother, but you might try sending some letters to other characters as well as Cid and perhaps something will trigger. I checked and my letters were mixed with the letters to and from Allus to trigger the ??? Dungeon.

Good Luck, that Ultima Weapon gives a nice boost, but unfortunately you have to pick your favorite to give it to. I knew then what parents feel when their children ask "Whom do you like best?" !

Kyuzo

LinkSnake
    I've just started actually getting into this game. I'd like to get the Onion Knight and need a friend or two to help me. My friend code is:

Roi C.
    Ok, so I got my FC today, and I plan on getting the Onion Knight soon. So, my FC is 077529086118, so feel free to add me. But please do send me a PM before.

I'm also avilable on Windows Live Messenger: [email protected]

Hello everyone, I need some urgent help here...

I've already played FF3 a couple of months ago, but now I got like wanting to make the bonus extras, but everytime I try to input an FC so I can send mails, it always tells me that the FC I input gives some kind of error?

Why? :S

Paradigm Shift Final Fantasy III Mognet-Thread FFTheBest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. View Post
    Hello everyone, I need some urgent help here...

I've already played FF3 a couple of months ago, but now I got like wanting to make the bonus extras, but everytime I try to input an FC so I can send mails, it always tells me that the FC I input gives some kind of error?

Why? :S
    Because they may be invalid, not real, not existing, foreign.
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Quote Originally Posted by FFTheBest View Post
    Because they may be invalid, not real, not existing, foreign.
    But I even already tried a couple of FC's from this thread...

Can anyone try to send me some mails, just to see if the problem is not with my game or something like that: 3223 2987 6212

Roi C.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. View Post
    But I even already tried a couple of FC's from this thread...

Can anyone try to send me some mails, just to see if the problem is not with my game or something like that: 3223 2987 6212
    Ummm... It says your FC is invalid... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Roi C. View Post
    Ummm... It says your FC is invalid... :/
    Damn... then the problem is really with my game, wth... -.-'

thanks for testing my FC anyway

kenshin

mog net

I share your frustration. I just picked this game up and really enjoy it. Would you be willing to trade enough letters to get me through the side quests?

-Kenshin

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast