Thread: Xbox360 versus Playstation3

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Xbox360 versus Playstation3 Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Xbox360 versus Playstation3

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to place this in ID, but it is okay.

First off, I do not mean for this to end in tragedy(warnings, verbals, flaming), so lets not go that direction.

Whys do you think one is better than the other.
    First personal taste and then tech wise.

For me, I am a PS3 fan, and in my opinion, Xbox only has great shooters comparative to PS3's great games.
    I don't have to pay for PSn(but I plan for plus) and I don't have to worry about the red ring of death. Yellow light maybe as my system is getting older, but for now, I am set.

How about you?
    And please, no petulant remarks as in, PS3 ALL DAY or XBOX FOR THE WIN!

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Re: Xbox360 versus Playstation3

PS3 is the clear best choice. for several reasons

- built in Blu-ray player (and still plays DVDs)
    - free online play
    - Better hardware

Games are the only thing that could make Xbox360 a competition but there are extremely few that I like that are exclusive to the Xbox360. 360 really just has a lot of shooter games and flashy nothing games. Since both Dead Rising and Castle Crashers has come to PS3 there are no games I really ever want to play for the 360. Fable 3 looks ok but I'll get it for my computer when that's available.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Halo is nothing special. It's a fairly straight forward shooter with a simple story. As I see it, all it accomplished is to bring a bunch of meat head jocks to the gaming world and bring down the quality of games as a whole to accommodate them.

As for Wii at least it has many exclusive original unique games. It dosn't have the lasting appeal the others may have but at least it tried something new and even dug a little bit out of the rut GameCube made for itself. Sadly with graphics in the new Zelda game as it is, it's like they really want to drag themselves down, I mean graphics arn't everything but typically you go from good to better not Twilight Princess back to crap Wind Waker, seriously didn't they learn their lesson?
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a loyal Sony fan, and always will be. PS3 all of the way. Here's why:

The PS3's blu-ray player isn't up to much compared to an actual blu-ray player, but it works. Yeah, Xbox looks alright, but shooting things in the way HD is supposed to be is much better.

PSN doesn't have stupid points as a currency system. You're given the price as it is in the currency of your country.

PS3 has free online play. Xbox support might be better, but you have to be pretty stupid to pay to play a game online that should really be free.

The controllers are lighter and rechargeable via a USB cable supplied with the console. Xbox controllers require a shitty £20 piece of recharging battery pack hardware, which is a separate purchase.

Xbox doesn't have Heavy Rain. Ouch.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Xbox360 versus Playstation3 Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Yes, Heavy Rain was a fantastic game, it is a shame I traded it back after my first play through.

Let us compare the game experiences.

For me, I believe all they have is Shooting games under their breadth.

We have an assortment of FP developers with numerous different genres.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Xbox360 versus Playstation3 Xanatos's Avatar

My Gameboy Collor pawns both.

I don't own either one, though I'll be getting a XBox 360 soon. My uncle bought it for me, I would go with PS3 if he actually asked for my opinion, but who am I to moan, I'm getting XBox 360 for free.

As to why I prefer PS3, it has better exclusives (right now I would kill to play me some Gran turismo 5, and Heavy Rain), more variety, and free online play. Graphics are least important, to me anyways, and both controlers feel good in my hands.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

I own a PS3 and not a 360, so that should say something. However, all of my friends own both, and they actually seem to prefer their 360's for whatever reason. I've been told that the 360 actually performs better with certain games, like Dragon Age, for example; when I first started playing that, the animation was really choppy, and I wondered if it was because my PS3 had too much memory taken up or something. My friend informed me that it's actually just how the PS3 runs games sometimes, and that it runs smoother on the 360. Also, if you watch DVD's or something, the 360 will actually upscale the image for you.

There are a few games for the 360 that I wish I could play, like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Can't think of any others right now, but the 360 seems to have a slightly better game selection than the PS3.

However, after my experience with the original XBox, I decided "Never again. Not even if ordered." Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

From what I know, the reason why some Xbox games run faster, is because the PS3 is harder to script and encode, so many of the games get made with Xbox scripting in mind, a perfect example would be bayonnetta, where as they needed a separate patch specifically for Ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    From what I know, the reason why some Xbox games run faster, is because the PS3 is harder to script and encode, so many of the games get made with Xbox scripting in mind, a perfect example would be bayonnetta, where as they needed a separate patch specifically for Ps3.
    It's not really true for all games and systems though. I was playing my buddies Xbox360 just yesterday and it ran terribly slow at times. I have never had a slow down with my playstation.

Also things I didn't mention in my first post.

-PS3 reliability (almost everyone I have known who owns an Xbox360 has had problems or RROD, I know noone with a broken PS3)

Another thing that may make some believe Xbox360 is better is the backwards comparability. That's nice and all but tons of original Xboxs are dead so its kinda needed. As for Playstation 3 it is sad that most don't have this feature but it's also likely that if you owned systems before 2005 or so its likely you have owned or still own a PS2 that is still working. If Sold, that's their loss. Overall I can't 100% deny that auto-backwards compatibility is a small plus for Xbox.

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

I don't own a PS3. I wanted to have one, but it was WAY too expensive for me and my brother already owned an xBox. He didn't play anymore, so he gave it to me. That's why I have an xBox and not a PS3.

I don't really care which one is better. The xBox was cheaper for me, PLUS I was able to play FFXIII I would've needed a few months (many, to be precise ^^") to buy a PS3, so it was better for me.

Of course there are some games I'd like to play which are PS3-only, but these are few. I can play all the games I like with my xBox.
    I don't know how slow or fast the xBox runs, compared to the PS3, but it doesn't matter to me.

As long as you don't know a PS3, you're satisfied. But I wouldn't say that the xBox is THAT bad. At least if you just want to play games.

Oh and I don't like playing online. So that's absolutely no problem for me.

Plus, I wouldn't really need a PS3. I don't watch many movies, I have a computer to check my mails (... and TFF ^^) and I still own a PS2.

The only thing that really pisses me off: some FFXIII games (Agito, Versus, whatever they're all called) only come out for PS3. At least I've heard that. I'll believe that after seeing it for myself, but if it's true then... I'm f-cked. ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

The only thing that really pisses me off: some FFXIII games (Agito, Versus, whatever they're all called) only come out for PS3. At least I've heard that. I'll believe that after seeing it for myself, but if it's true then... I'm f-cked. ^^"
    While I hate to admit it Xbox should get all those FFXIII games. If a game series starts out initially released on one system (or in FFXIII's case 2 systems at the same time) the series should continue on that system.

Actually that is one big problem I have with playstation at the moment. They spread franchises over multiple systems yet make them exclusive so you feel forced to buy extra systems just to complete the game/story. The prime example of this is Kingdom Hearts, started out all nice on the PS2 and even the one that was on a Nintendo system was remade for PS2 but now the series avoids PS3 like the plague, and its all going to that garbage PSP. It hooks you then it drags you right to their bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    While I hate to admit it Xbox should get all those FFXIII games. If a game series starts out initially released on one system (or in FFXIII's case 2 systems at the same time) the series should continue on that system.
    Neeeoooooo.
    40% of FF13 was removed to allowed multiple platforms.
    It may have been 5 discs in all, which is why they removed it.
    If they were to make them multiplatform, make it specifically for the PS3 and take a year to port it to the XBox without added bonuses.

FFVersus is a ps3 exclusive, and he said will stay one.
    *PS3 fanboy dance*

.............. Xbox360 versus Playstation3 smurphy's Avatar

It would have been a close call a few years ago but as far as I am concerned now the PS3 is the far superior console. The only thing that the 360 has going for it is that many multi-platform games are developed for it then ported so the 360 version is usually superior.

The PS3 as hardware is a better rounded package(eg. Blu-ray player) as well as having better exclusives. Uncharted is better than all the 360 exclusives put together and the PS1 back catalogue on PSN is far superior to the games on XBOX Live(although I admit a few live games like Limbo are awesome).

My hate for the 360 would increase if it is true that it resulted in 40% of content being cut. Some of that content may have been explorable towns! Damn thee, XBOX, damn thhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................... ...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    It would have been a close call a few years ago but as far as I am concerned now the PS3 is the far superior console. The only thing that the 360 has going for it is that many multi-platform games are developed for it then ported so the 360 version is usually superior.

The PS3 as hardware is a better rounded package(eg. Blu-ray player) as well as having better exclusives. Uncharted is better than all the 360 exclusives put together and the PS1 back catalogue on PSN is far superior to the games on XBOX Live(although I admit a few live games like Limbo are awesome).

My hate for the 360 would increase if it is true that it resulted in 40% of content being cut. Some of that content may have been explorable towns! Damn thee, XBOX, damn thhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................... ...
    Well, I know about the Zoo taken out, Gilgamesh Fal'Cie, another whole area in Pulse... But I really can't say what else.

Yes you are right, funny thing is, the Xbox has a better GPU card, but because of it's power, or whatever, it can't fully support it.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

To all of you saying that the 360 version was the reason the PS3 version of FFXIII had cut content, post your source. Officially that wasn't the case.

My answer to this thread will depend on something as I do own both. Are we talking solely as a gaming platform or in terms of everything a machine can do?

If talking solely gaming, the 360 wins for me hands down. Most games run better, NONE have forced installs and my favorite genres (RPG in particular) are better catered for (ironically despite what others said, I find the PS3 offers better shooters BUT with those crappy triggers, PS3 shooters play worse without a third party controller or trigger add-ons to counter that). That said, the PS3 DOES own the market in SRPGs. The 360 also has a better online service with more features which is integrated deeply into the user interface. The PS3 on the other hand doesn't have that flexible integrated system and some games force me to make sure my mic is on and recognised by the system before they're started or else it's unusable.

Include everything though and the PS3 would be winner in my eyes. It plays games not much worse then the 360 does (and DOES have some great exclusives to boot) and it's also a great blu-ray player, comes with HOME and later a freemium Sony MMO free for users wanting an online social experience, has a respectable video store built in with HD movies viewable on PS3 and SD movies viewable on PS3 and PSP. It also works a a hub for most types of media and transferring to and from a PSP.

The PS3 is perfect when lacking in space like I am (or when lacking in finances I suppose), but nothing will beat having both in terms of game selection or having an Xbox 360 on top of an entertainment unit if wanting the best experience if money is no object.

Anyone still arguing about 360 reliability at this point needs to review newer developments, the 360 slim (the only one still sold) has a much lower failure rate. That said, both the 360 and PS3 are highly complex machines with many tiny components, both have higher failure rates then many previous consoles.
    victoria aut mors

Warlord of Your Mom Xbox360 versus Playstation3 ultima_trev's Avatar

XBOX 360 on the merit that its GPU supports tessellation, albeit not a mainstream implementation of it. PS3's Cell is also highly overrated, Sony fanbois are like, "OMG, IT HAS 7 CORES!!" LULZ!! Its FPU units are weak, definitely not as powerful as the main integer core. In the end though, they both have IBM POWER derived processors... AND IBM POWER SUCKS. x86 will forever rule, POWER and ARM can die... and luckily they will! Between Intel's Sandy Bridge and the upcoming Bulldozer from AMD, RISC processors will soon be HISTORY. I also hate PS3 because its GPU is an nVidia design, and I hate Jen Hsun Huang almost as much as Steve Jobs (not hating on nVidia for the GPUs themselves but for the fact they wants to focus more on HPC and mobile phones than gaming... which is hairy... sweaty... BALLS).

However, In reality, it's none of the above. PC beats them both.

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.

___________ Xbox360 versus Playstation3 Kyreaan's Avatar

Given the choice between the two, I would go with PS3 because I enjoyed the styling of the games a lot better. The aesthetics of what I see on screen are a lot more appealing to me. I also started on a PS1 after Nintendo, Sega, and the Atari Jaguar.

After I traded my PS in for a PS2, it stuck with me since it also played DVDs better than in someone's XBox. I never got either XBox360 or PS3. I moved on to portability. I'm a little partial now because of my PSP 3000.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.