Thread: Did anybody else hate Little big planet?

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Did anybody else hate Little big planet? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Did anybody else hate Little big planet?

I couldn't play it, I will type why in a few for I have something quick to so.
    I hated it after ten seconds...>.>

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Re: Did anybody else hate Little big planet?

I don't hate it. It was ok the first time I played through it and I made a dinosaur level with an epic working volcano but eventually it got kinda boring. I beat it and did all this when I borrowed it from a friend.

I was actually not too happy when my bother bought me the controller/BigPlanet combo pack for Christmas I had already beat the game and did all the "creative" stuff I wanted to do with it. The 2nd controller was the biggest bonus I think even he knew I liked the 2nd controller more. There were many other games I would rather have but I thanked him for it all and played it a bit when my my game-challenged cousins visit. That's probably what I'll use it for from now on, to entertain with people who are terrible at videogames.

I'm not sure if I'll get LittleBigPlanet 2 unless I hear that the "main story" is extremely long.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Did anybody else hate Little big planet? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    I don't hate it. It was ok the first time I played through it and I made a dinosaur level with an epic working volcano but eventually it got kinda boring. I beat it and did all this when I borrowed it from a friend.

I was actually not too happy when my bother bought me the controller/BigPlanet combo pack for Christmas I had already beat the game and did all the "creative" stuff I wanted to do with it. The 2nd controller was the biggest bonus I think even he knew I liked the 2nd controller more. There were many other games I would rather have but I thanked him for it all and played it a bit when my my game-challenged cousins visit. That's probably what I'll use it for from now on, to entertain with people who are terrible at videogames.

I'm not sure if I'll get LittleBigPlanet 2 unless I hear that the "main story" is extremely long.
    No, the main story of part 2 is really short.
    I think the tutorials in part 2 is enough to stray anything away.
    Look at Age of mythology, you can make a scenario with little tutorials, but this game, I sat through 30 minutes of tutorials and were only half done...
    User created content wasn't anything to dime at as well.
    I didn't like platformers, so I can't concieve why I thought I would appreciate this.
    At first, the gimmicky smile and frowns felt new, and then they became an after thought.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

There is no way I could hate LBP. Are you an Alien?

It's a stoner game so.. I guess not everyone would like it it.

How could you not enjoy controlling the facial expressions of a sock puppet? I spent hours just playing with it's emotions for fun and dressing it up lol. I only played online with random people. Some guy with the user smur321 always found me somehow and joined in on my levels, which was actually good because I hated when I was trying to get through a level that required another person, and then I 'd end up playing with a 10 year old who didn't know what he/she was doing -_-;;

but yeah idk about LB2 maybe eventually but not soon. I enjoy action adventure types, but I don't want to over do it, since they can get old quickly.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I did find his facial expressions quite entertaining.
    Also, the ability to smack other Sackboys was amusing.
    The online community didn't have any great user created games as of when I owned it.
    I would suggest buying user content games at a later time, so other than the story, will have substance.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

I didn't really understand why everyone kept saying this would be such a great game. Wasn't too surprised when everyone bought it and dropped it less than 2 weeks later. It felt too much like Sony's answer to "casual gaming" rather than just being an interesting game. But then, I'm jaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIER #819 View Post
    I didn't really understand why everyone kept saying this would be such a great game. Wasn't too surprised when everyone bought it and dropped it less than 2 weeks later. It felt too much like Sony's answer to "casual gaming" rather than just being an interesting game. But then, I'm jaded.
    I believe casual games should only appeal to casual gamers, and not publicize it to hardcore gamers.(NTI-New topic Idea)

Well, keep the casual to the Wii and the motion peripherals.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like LittleBIGPlanet. The whole point of the game is to create, play and share, so story mode will be almost non-existent. More or less like Sims games. But yes. Story wise, the games are short. But all of the fun happens online and in your imagination.

You are given the tools to create your own levels, which thousands of people around the world will play eventually. There are thirteen year old kids out there who'll create levels that make even the original game creatures lower their heads in shame. Every single level you open, opens a door into a new world and someone else's imagination.

The music is fun and lively. How can you not smile when you hear the music in the game? And then, you have your sackboy/sackgirl, who you can customise any way you want, even down to their facial expressions. If you play online, you can grab other players and punch them, and it's fun!

Speaking of other players, jumping in a level with random strangers is always fun. First night I played LBP2, I made a new friend playing a basketball level.

Also, why can't you be a LittleBIGPlanet player and be a hardcore gamer at the same time? LBP has a lot of work to do and has a lot to offer for gamers. What you think is hardcore gaming is very odd...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I like LittleBIGPlanet. The whole point of the game is to create, play and share, so story mode will be almost non-existent. More or less like Sims games. But yes. Story wise, the games are short. But all of the fun happens online and in your imagination.

You are given the tools to create your own levels, which thousands of people around the world will play eventually. There are thirteen year old kids out there who'll create levels that make even the original game creatures lower their heads in shame. Every single level you open, opens a door into a new world and someone else's imagination.

The music is fun and lively. How can you not smile when you hear the music in the game? And then, you have your sackboy/sackgirl, who you can customise any way you want, even down to their facial expressions. If you play online, you can grab other players and punch them, and it's fun!

Speaking of other players, jumping in a level with random strangers is always fun. First night I played LBP2, I made a new friend playing a basketball level.

Also, why can't you be a LittleBIGPlanet player and be a hardcore gamer at the same time? LBP has a lot of work to do and has a lot to offer for gamers. What you think is hardcore gaming is very odd...
    Well, it becomes trivial, the dressing up and the faces.
    I got the game 2 days after it came out, and there wasn't any good user created games.
    I also think the game was too cute. Yes, there were tutorials, about 80 of them, which unless you played part one and already new a little, it's a little tedious. About a whole hour to watch them all and fully understand them.
    Also, I joined story mode with somebody else, but i was going for completion, not thinking. It was joyful, but ultimately, wasn't for me.
    For me, it is personal preference.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    Well, it becomes trivial, the dressing up and the faces.
    I got the game 2 days after it came out, and there wasn't any good user created games.
    I also think the game was too cute. Yes, there were tutorials, about 80 of them, which unless you played part one and already new a little, it's a little tedious. About a whole hour to watch them all and fully understand them.
    Also, I joined story mode with somebody else, but i was going for completion, not thinking. It was joyful, but ultimately, wasn't for me.
    For me, it is personal preference.
    Well yeah. There's a lot of tutorials because there's a lot to learn. It's not about just building a few lumps and jumps and calling it a level - you need to understand the mechanics if you want to design a good level. You need to add in the mechanisms and contraptions to make things interesting. The tutorials are really helpful if you're interested in adding to the community and making a name for yourself in the LittleBIGPlanet world.

For someone who's interested in game design, I'm quite frankly shocked that you can't grasp that, regardless of personal preference.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    For someone who's interested in game design, I'm quite frankly shocked that you can't grasp that, regardless of personal preference.

Well yes, but I am designing Psychological horror and RPG.
    I believe it was a large learning curve. I had a great level planed out, which started out on a mountain descent, into a mountain spring, but I found it would take too much time for little to no reward. As for others praise, it wouldn't suffice.

Crash Boom Bang Did anybody else hate Little big planet? Lily's Avatar

i cant understand the hype around it, the novelty wore off after about 10 minutes for me.

I think it's boring as shit

.............. Did anybody else hate Little big planet? smurphy's Avatar

The only aspect of the game I dont like is that I cannot seem to master hitting other sackboys. It gets frustrating when you get hit but cannot hit back. Even putting on the sad face doesnt alleviate the problem.

What I love most about the game is its charm. Infinite possibilities when creating dont exactly let the side down either.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill