Thread: Videogame Wishlists

Consistently Average Videogame Wishlists Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Videogame Wishlists

We've probably had a few of these types of threads in the past, but i'll be darned if I use the search bar to look it up.

So yeah do you have a videogame wishlist at the moment?

Are there games you're saving up for or waiting to be released, or have you simply not been able to get them yet?

How much thought do you put into getting a game before you buy it? Do you scout around stores and read reviews, or do you just pay up and hope it's good?

It's been a while since I bought anything, let alone videogames, so i've forgotten everything that was on my mental wishlist. My current one is: Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS, Skyrim: Legendary Edition and South Park: The Sick of Truth on the PS3 (checks to see if it's even available on it) and Dark Souls is in the post so I can tick that off the list

I've been wanting Skyrim for ages and becuase I want the special edition, which fixed some of the bugs and has a bunch of other stuff (I assume) it's taking a long time to find a good copy. It's funny because the whole reason I bought Oblivion was because it was cheaper than Skyrim, and I thought "eh, it can't be too much different." I've since clocked over 120 hours between two files and I don't regret that decision at all.

DKC Returns looks really cool (how can you not love that series?) but Nintendo games are always so expensive and never seem to drop in price even years after they came out. I've been to a store where Pokemon Diamond sat next to a recently released Black 2 and they had almost identicle price tags.

I added Stick of Truth about a week ago after watching some of PewDiePie's walkthrough on Youtube. It looks like a really solid game with lots of references to the show, and even though I'm not that big a fan of South Park I picked up on a lot of the in jokes and one off characters. I remember seeing some posts about it in the currently playing thread so i'll have to check it out sometime and see what you guys think about it.

You can ignore the questions at the top if you'd like (I did ) I just didn't want this to become a straight-up list thread. Hopefully we can just post without all the mudslinging that's been going around lately, intentional or otherwise.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Videogame Wishlists LauriJ's Avatar
    Yes, I have a couple of games on my Steam wishlist. My Steam ID is LauriAJ and you can find the wishlist in my profile. Who knows, perhaps someone is kind enough to give me some games or something...

Queen Videogame Wishlists Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    So yeah do you have a videogame wishlist at the moment?

Are there games you're saving up for or waiting to be released, or have you simply not been able to get them yet?
    Circle ''waiting to be released" either in the coming months or next year:

~ The Evil Within (PS4)
    ~ Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
    ~ P.T. Silent Hills (PS4)
    ~ Fatal Frame: The Raven Haired Shrine Maiden (WiiU)
    ~ Bloodborne (PS4)
    ~ Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)

I invented Go-Gurt. Videogame Wishlists Clint's Avatar
    I've been waiting for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for a couple years now. I enjoyed the new elements of gameplay presented in Peace Walker, as well as the new elements presented in Ground Zeros. I hear Phantom Pain will be combining elements from both games.

I've seen the gameplay trailers, and I'm really digging the tactical feel of the game. The other Metal Gear games were pretty straightforward area based espionage games. The Phantom Pain brings realism into this. It allows you the creativity to devise a plan and follow it through, approaching missions how you see fit, rather than having it being how the game's developers want you to approach.

A game on my wishlist that I haven't bought yet is Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, which comes with digital downloads of MGS and VR Missions, as well as MGS2 HD Edition, MGS3 HD Edition (which also includes Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2), MGS4 Trophy Edition, and Peace Walker HD Edition.

Certified tech, come at me! Videogame Wishlists SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm interesting in getting the new Wii U Zelda when that comes out next year which I am very looking forward to, followed by Xenoblade Chronicles X because that game has awesome written all over it, Star Fox Wii U since I've been really wanting to play the new one, the new Ys coming out for PS4 and Vita which looks great and the battle system is just as good as its ever been, and Xenoblade Chronicles (New 3DS) if I ever end up with a New 3DS (yes that is the literal name of the next 3DS build).
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy Videogame Wishlists Rowan's Avatar
    Persona 5
    God-Eater 2
    Smash brothers (3ds)
    Fantasy Life
    MH4

Waiting for MM for 3ds and the new Wii U Zelda as well.

Looking forward to Destiny and The Witcher 3.

Bananarama Videogame Wishlists Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just wish I had more time to actually play.

Otherwise, I can't wait for Dragon Age Inquisition, Destiny (and actually getting a ps4), and The Phantom Pain.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    It will be a short list. In no particular order:

• Hyrule Warriors
    • Super Smash Brothers 4 (for WiiU & 3DS; I'm getting both)
    • Mighty No. 9 (the spiritual successor to Mega Man)

That's about it, at the moment. If there's a new Zelda game or Metroid game or Starfox game in the works, that would go on the list. Gotta say I'm on the fence about Destiny. I'm having enough fun playing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and a few other games on the PC that my current lack of a next-gen console isn't that much of a nuisance.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Queen Videogame Wishlists Crescent's Avatar
    Add to my list:

The Great Ace Attorney
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 (on the one disc and for the first time in a LONG time I can say I think Capcom might get this one right).