Thread: Tales of Xillia Progress

The Quiet One Tales of Xillia Progress Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tales of Xillia Progress

While not as popular as FF around here, I think there is a good number of our members playing through Tales of Xillia right now. So let's talk about what you're doing, who you like using, who you like linking with who and where you are in the game. Whatever you want goes.

I'm deep enough that I have 5 party members, so Rowen sits out. I'm playing as Milla and I like linking with Jude for his recover ability. But I have been enjoying linking with Elize and Alvin. Elize's drain is pretty nice and keeps me in battle spamming moves. And I've been fighting a lot of earth weak monsters lately, so I've been linking with Alvin a lot to do some earth based Linked artes. I pretty much steamroll through them with my linked artes.

I ended up making the mistake of grinding a few hours on a place by Nia Khera. So I'm overleveled now and overpowered. So I'm playing on Hard difficulty to give me a little bit of a challenge, not much of one anymore. I have most of my shops around lv 50. I'm waiting on the x3 bonus on the ore again so I can drop some 1400 point ones.

I'm loving the improvements that they made to the combat system. There are so many little adjustments that they made. It's a really great package. I'm definitely going to lose myself in this game.

Milla 39
    Jude 39
    Alvin 39
    Elize 39
    Rowen 39

Time: 15:51
    20812 gald
    910 Grade
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Tales of Xillia Progress Rowan's Avatar
    Theres a character named Rowen?

Is he as awesome as I am?

Blog Entries
    He is, though he is an old man. But he's one of those crazy powerful old men that hides it under a peaceful guise.

I want to play a game. Tales of Xillia Progress Zargabaath's Avatar
    Damn, I have more time put in but am like 11 lvls below you Andro.

I have mainly used Milla since I chose her arc. She's pretty fun and that Spirit Spiral link arte is quite good. Though her spirit shifting takes a bit of time to cast. Currwntly using Rowen who is fun to play as albiet a slow character and currently lacking in linked artes.

I like that Jude is not like Asbel that was a bit annoying. When Milla talked to Jude about strength I felt like it was aimed at the idea Asbel had. I know they are different games, but what Milla said had a more realistic take on it. Or a green lantern approach - willpower. Milla seems to be a refreshing character to the series, from what I have played. Willing to do anything to complete her mission by actions she was willing to take that I cannot say.

Battle system wise, some good changes. Dunno if I find it to be my favorite but there is a lot of intersting additions.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    It's only because I powerleveled too much, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've made a lot of progress. Though I'm a little bothered that bosses have Mystic Artes and I still don't. I'm wondering when I'm going to be getting them. I've also hit a dead end on the Lilium Orb expansion. So I'm just targeting specific things at the moment to maximize things. Surprisingly the points you get drops off at 51 to 3. I hope it goes back up soon.

Thanks to killing a couple of demon beasts and Elize's triple exp boost for curing. She got ahead of everyone, she's like 54 or 55 I think. Most are around 53.

33:49 hours
    113560 gald

Most of my shops are now over 50 and I'm working towards 80 on the armor.

I want to play a game. Tales of Xillia Progress Zargabaath's Avatar
    I was just wondering how you got so high in so short a time. Did you use meals to boost your exp all the time? I just got to a point where the exp is decent. I have been doing pretty good. Playing on moderate. Odd to fight enemies that are more of a hassle than normal for so little benefit.

I may switch to Alvin, see how he plays. If I remeber correctly I have a little over 1200 for my grade at like 27 hrs.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    I went to the Xagut Floodmeadow when I was 17, it's north of Nia Khera. The monsters there are lv 40. So I played on easy with full initiative against them. I slowly worked up, once I got into the low 20s they weren't too bad anymore. Then I just stayed there until I was like 41. There are some monsters that'll give 1k exp if you can kill them. They are a bit on the rarer side though and very tough. I spent like 4 hours there until I told myself to leave before I was breaking the game too much. I ended up playing on Hard as a result of my overleveling just to keep things interesting.

I use food all the time, but I alternate between exp and gald boosts.

Currently at Xailen Woods Temple in Chapter 3, where Muzet has joined you (Jude's story). As per usual I rushed through the beginning then went back and completed some sub events as I heard that some of them are misable. Though I heard this is quite short it hasn't felt that way really, probably short by Tales standards I guess. I've been sticking with Jude for the time being but I may switch it up to Leia or Alvin at some point. The voice acting isn't that bad, I think they made good choices for Alvin and Rowen, Elize however sounds out of place, though would have much prefered Sawashiro and Sugita's voices.

Playing on Moderate, I played a bit on Hard but the battles would take for ages with much noticeable extra rewards like on Graces F. Everybody is level 44 except for Elize at 47 thanks to her Tome. 35 hours in, 97203 Gald though I just spent a bit but it seems to be a waste of time the parties equipment, all the stores are level 50 or higher. Probably going to go back and do some side stuff, farm some Garde for when I do Millas side.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much benefit from higher difficulties other than the challenge, odd considering that's the same for other Tales games. I did a lot of wondering in the game for my first run so it felt longer than it really was. Still managed 45 hours before seeing the final boss. I'm on my second playthrough now going as Jude. It's fun seeing some of the things I missed out as Milla. They're little things, but it is more sides to the narrative.

I've got 4 trophies left to get. I did most of the work for them already and I have some really broken characters. Milla's weapon has 6000 attack power right now. The big things I'm worried about is the skits and sub-events.

Certified tech, come at me! Tales of Xillia Progress SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, I really want to play this, I have it on my amazon wish list. I still need to finish Graces F though :/. The trailer for Xillia is the one that really got me into the modern tales games like Graces F.
    Currently Playing: