Thread: The Sims 3

The Sims 3

So it came out at long last this month! Wha hoo!!! (Omg I didn't mean that in the sense of the game wha hoo.. XDXDXD *Runs off*)

Moving on , there must be some Sims fans out there... I looked and I couldn't see a thread so I thought I'd just change that ^~. As you do.

I got it the other day to keep me occupied and it's quite fun. When you make your sims you can personalize them alot more which is fun. I got one which looked almost identical to me - much to my horror. So I gave her pink hair and black lowlights XD

It's also kinda good they threw in so much in the first installment (assuming there will be expansions, I haven't been reading about it.).What I mean is like already you can buy a car and stuff... instead of waiting like for Sims 2 for them to release it...
    One thing that bugs me is the small choice of hairstyles. And you can't download any yet xD. I NEED MORE I TELL YOU ^~.

So discuss... <_< Please! <_< And sorry if this is already here and I didn't see... *Puppy dog eyes*
    Last edited by Kilala; 06-15-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Zephon
    O.o al i do in them is build houses it's not like i get kicks outta it it's just fun to do...

Building houses is great fun ^^! To create something out of nothing.. I often try to reconstruct places I've lived in xD (Rather poorly might I add.)
    And the furnishing... that is so much fun @_@ Color coordination is everything my friend.

and ending the dream.

Asking all the personal questions. The Sims 3 RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Thats all i spend my time doing is build houses, i love doing house plans and drawing up architectural plans its just all the straight lines that do it for me haha.
    I spend all my time just building the bloody house and the garden and the furniture so by the time i am finished i take a look at the finished product and go 'pfft i am bored now' and delete it haha but they are usually really good houses and gardens.... i like plants 0-0

My wife absolutely loves it though we have Sims 2 plus most of the expansion packs by most i mean we are only short two i think but i think we will skip this new one for now.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Zephon
    i love plants too i made a superhero house with loads of plants everywhere ... keeps the gardener there

Dragoon: Yeah it's probably worth sticking to Sims 2 for a while. At least until Sims 3 is fully underway x3 Because well... it does lack stuff. *Magic painting... xD*

Zephon: That sounds so cool @_@ Like your own personal jungle theme going on there xD Most I do is shove a plant into every room <_< but now.. I'm inspired *.*

and ending the dream.

Zephon
    O.o PLANTS and..... aliens,grim reaper,cars and stupid sex scenes :/ thats sims for you

Figaro
    I bought it recently, and it's great. I might even get some expansion packs for this, unlike with the Sims 2, which I completely forgot about for ages until a few months ago. I love the new character design features, and I love making houses, although, I am having trouble putting roofs on the houses that I build, For some reason, they just never appear.

Zephon
    :/ you'll get it done the roofs are always annoying

Vagabond Thief The Sims 3 Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't gotten it yet because i do not have 50 bucks to shovel outta my pocket for a game right now. I'm probably going to get it for my bday which is hmm like 3 weeks away though. Maybe instead of expansions there will be stuff packs instead. Like,the sims 2 had stuff packs and expansions,but since they already have alot of the expansion stuff already it seems maybe they will add mroe decor and hairstyles. I have been on the sims 3 website and there are already alot of exchange sims and stuff so far. I can't wait to get it!
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gahh! I'd love to have The Sims 3 in my hands... I already have a plan on who my character is going to be, and how I'm going to make my future family and friends for flips sake.

I just don't like playing games on my computer. I have the odd games (I have... Devastation, Morrowind, Tomb Raider 4&5), but... I play them once every few months. =S

So I'm going to have to wait until it comes out on PS3... Darn. ><

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Original Moogle Knight The Sims 3 coombsy1989's Avatar
    Got it about a week or so ago. It's ridiculous how addicting such a simple game is. And I agree with the whole colour co-ordination thing. Such as shame I'm colour blind

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ The Sims 3 chaosweapon's Avatar
    I played this game but removed it after a week. It's a life simulator. You create a sim, choose a career, marry, raise kids, etc. After a while it gets repetitive.

You can have up to eight characters at a time who will all reside in 1 house. The game also allows you to buy certain businesses.

I'm not sure, but when I played the game there was only one area. There weren't any other cities to choose from.

What I liked most about this game was inheritance. Children inherit their parents' characteristics. In fact they will have a similar appearance and will have nearly the same goals.
    Last edited by chaosweapon; 06-28-2009 at 10:49 AM.

A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    I just got the game a few days ago and I'm starting to get addicted too. I've only played the Sims 2 a few times at my cousin's house and I liked it, so I thought I'd pick this game up and I'm glad I did. Right now I've got 2 saved games.

On one of my saves I have a person that I made on my own that looks like me, that I am playing as legitimately. Meaning, no cheats.

On my other save, I'm currently using cheats to get extra money to create a type of a house that's a dream house that anyone would love to live in.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Registered User The Sims 3

Sims 3 noob here!

I didn't buy any of the other Sims titles, but I bought the Sims 3. Why? Because I was told I would be able to create ANYONE! I was so excited that I could put in my versions of my favorite game characters to live and interact with one another!

Ummm...it's not exactly what I expected. Yes, I can make the faces look pretty decent, but as far as hair and clothing, the game as-is comes pretty lacking in the choice department. Especially for guys. I created pretty good looking Turks and an awesome Rufus Shinra, but as far as anyone else it isn't so great.

So I focused on building lots (houses), and I must say it is surprising addictive! I created the Shinra Manor, and it's turning out to be a pretty popular creation of mine.

I guess I'll just wait for the mods to come out, and keep building my lots.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Vagabond Thief The Sims 3 Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I didn't buy any of the other Sims titles, but I bought the Sims 3. Why? Because I was told I would be able to create ANYONE! I was so excited that I could put in my versions of my favorite game characters to live and interact with one another!

Ummm...it's not exactly what I expected. Yes, I can make the faces look pretty decent, but as far as hair and clothing, the game as-is comes pretty lacking in the choice department. Especially for guys. I created pretty good looking Turks and an awesome Rufus Shinra, but as far as anyone else it isn't so great.

So I focused on building lots (houses), and I must say it is surprising addictive! I created the Shinra Manor, and it's turning out to be a pretty popular creation of mine.

I guess I'll just wait for the mods to come out, and keep building my lots.
    The sim2 you create anyone too and the sims 1 LOL. but anyway

If they decide to do expansion packs for the sims 3(they prob will) thats when they get more choices in your game. Usually and Ep comes with new hair styles,and clothing and careers and alot of other stuff. Or if they come out with stuff packs(like they did for the sims 2) its like a mini EP and it usually consists of building stuff,more items to buy,and clothing and hair. But the ep's come with tons of different options and even neighborhoods.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

I really hope they come out with a console version soon. I tried Sims 2 on my PC and it is a no-go. Too slow and the graphics were absolutely pitiful. My PC doesn't have enough horsepower.

Registered User The Sims 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuffx View Post
    If they decide to do expansion packs for the sims 3(they prob will) thats when they get more choices in your game. Usually and Ep comes with new hair styles,and clothing and careers and alot of other stuff. Or if they come out with stuff packs(like they did for the sims 2) its like a mini EP and it usually consists of building stuff,more items to buy,and clothing and hair. But the ep's come with tons of different options and even neighborhoods.
    I heard on the Sims 3 forums that there is a possibility that there won't be any stuff packs because that is what the store is for, but there will definately be expansion packs. The newest one is scheduled in November. I forget the title though...

Oh, also, I tried to get new content for my game through the sims store. But guess what? When I tried to redeem them, the site told me that the cards were INVALID!!! There goes 20 bucks down the tube...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I love the game! My first Sim is now an International Super Spy! Muwahahaha, and I am going to make a forum themed house. Which means I am asking people on a forum I admin to write there traits and post a pic of themselves then I create it, make a huge house and watch the maddness!

But anyway, I love the game and it is very addicting.

Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!