Thread: RPG Castlevania Style

Registered User RPG Castlevania Style Megatron0000's Avatar

RPG Castlevania Style

OK I'm a big CV fan and I'm sure I'm not alone. I haven't seen any threads dedicated to this series so I'm making one. Talk about anything CV here. I guess to start it off I'd like to see what you think about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Seems like CV meets GoW. Looks fun. Still don't think it'll beat SotN on my favorites list but we'll see.

Re: RPG Castlevania Style

I don't understand. Why does the title of your post contain "RPG" when this thread is about Castlevania? Are we only allowed to talk about Castlevania games with leveling systems? Or our ideas for a Castlevania RPG? Or should we listen to the post rather than the title and just talk about Castlevania in general?

I'm not too intuitive, you have to help me out a bit.

Until now!

I made this mainly to talk about Castlevania in general. Any existing CV game or ideas for new CV games or home made CV games. Doesnt matter to me. I am currently working on building a turn based game based on CV with RPG Maker XP. I could talk about that. Or how hard CV1 for NES is compared to Order of Ecclesia (Nintendo DS). Just CV in general.

Paladin RPG Castlevania Style Voltaire Adams's Avatar

I love Castlevania. Probably my favorite series behind Final Fantasy. Though it may be tied with Metal Gear Solid. I know for most SotN is the best but I think OoE did everything right. So I'm really excited for the next handheld to be even better. And as for LoS, that's got me excited as well because as I said...Castlevania for me might be tied with MGS and since LoS is headed by Hideo Kojima, you know it's going to be great!

This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Registered User RPG Castlevania Style Maskie's Avatar

Was I the only one who like the N64 Castlevanias? Espically the one with Cornell. Honestly I don't really care for Iga anymore. The Metroidvania formula is getting stale. Plus he seemed to have a thing agianst female heroes (I think he made Shanoa just to try and show that he doesn't, but why completely write out Sonia Belmont?). I also hated Castlevania Judgement. So much wasted potential.

Von Karma is not pleased.

See I liked teh CVs for N64 but they were no where near my favorites. I never really link CV and Metroid together til you just mentioned it and now it seems really obvious but still my Favorites are SotN and the DS CVs (OoE is my favorite of the 3 for DS).

madness1

Cool The Original Platform Castlevania Game

One music video included Castlevania type platform game from '80.
    I don't know, what's that dracula game??? Very similar to first Vampire killer, and also what's console/computer ???

Video is here:
    YouTube - Castlevania - The Original Series

Thanks!