Thread: MW2 PS3 Halp. "Can't find games"

Stage Dives, High Fives. MW2 PS3 Halp. "Can't find games" Confession's Avatar

MW2 PS3 Halp. "Can't find games"

Howdy people, My first post in a while.

Firstly, I just got Satlilite net under IPstar (I'm Australian) so with my upgrade from Dial Up I decided to buy Modern Warefare 2 (now reffered to as Mw2 from now on) So all pumped to play it, I set it up and I can't find anygames, I let it sit there searching for like 30 minutes, but still to no avail.

I tried to set up my net under DMZ but my IPstar router doesn't configure with it.

So my main question is; Are any other aussies having this problem? And if so how is it solved.

So naturally I went scouring the internet to see what was wrong, and it seems alot of people are having this problem and it's due to InfinityWard, they fixed their problems by DMZ'ing it, but I cannot.

My NAT type is 2- Moderate. And my connection is an ethernet chord directly from the IPstar router to my PS3.

Thanks for any quick reponses and help.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: MW2 PS3 Halp. "Can't find games"

Moderate NAT will definitely do that to you. MW2's PS3 servers are pretty shit all around so it helps to have the best possible connection. What you'll want to do is figure out (i.e. Google) what port your PS3 connects through on your router and open that port up so you'll get an open NAT. Usually you can access your router externally by typing 192.168.1.1 into any web browser. From there you can access your port forwarding, enter the port number, and open that port.

Moderate NAT gave me a million headaches on Xbox Live so I'm well versed in its evils >_>.
    Last edited by Musashiden; 07-05-2010 at 03:48 AM.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter