Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mass Effect 3

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mass Effect 3 Xanatos's Avatar

Re: Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut - All the Endings

Enjoy. I'll leave my take on it later on.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Mystyrion

I can't sit through 20 minutes a piece.
    Mass Effect is just going to have to wait until I get more time on my hands

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Mass Effect 3 ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Aparently they have changed a lot, and added another choice. I am going through my Insanity playthrough at the moment and only just got to Sur'Kesh, so it's going to have to wait for now.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mass Effect 3 Xanatos's Avatar

I've seen all the endings and from the looks of it they managed to fix some of the plot holes which was my biggest beef with original endings. There's more closure which is awesome, although a lot of it is recycled from one video to another. The new ending is the best part imo...
    Spoiler:
    you retort and the reapers win.

I expected to see this as one of the outcomes in original endings and was heavily disappointed with the lack of it.

Mind you, I still don't like star child and his logic, lack of more info on reapers, though most importantly collecting war assets is still pointless. Nevertheless, these endings aren't as bad as I thought they would be, really love the new ending, and I think there wouldn't be such huge fuss if this was all in the game right from the start like they promised.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

Spoiler:
    Pre-Extended Cut I always aimed for the Synthesis ending, since I had a soft spot for Joker and his new lady-friend..

..but after seeing the new EC cutscenes? man.. its like everyone has been swimming in toxic barrels, that green glow is just I'm not sure how to describe it lol.

It makes me wonder though, am I racist for jumping at the Destroy ending without hesitation? it's mass-synthetic genocide. .
    (I think Geth are awesome ^_^, more civil then the Quarians.)

Gotta give them a few points for listening to the fanbase to make this so quick (what, few months wasn't it?.) though. And for making it free of charge.

Now then, back to Multiplayer and my Human Male Engineer & Adept

Blog Entries

Now that I've read up on all the complaints about the ending...
    SPOILER!!:
    ...I'm having a hard time seeing where people are coming from. I think they're missing things Bioware included in the game, or not understanding that the character's don't have an omnipotent knowledge of everything.
    -People complaining about your crew all being on the Normandy? Miss the part where your teammates get injured and Joker comes back to pick them up?
    -Why is Joker running away from a beam that isn't going to kill him? Does he KNOW it's not going to kill him? And even if the green or blue beams aren't going to outright destroy the Normandy, perhaps the mass relay beam is forceful enough on its own at those speeds to cause the ship to shake and have minor damages?
    -And why would no one know Shepard was on the ground still? How long do they have to look for him? They're gonna sit there and scan for several minutes to make sure no one's alive still? They're in the middle of the biggest battle in the history of the Universe. It looks like everyone on the ground is dead. They gotta take care of their own asses.
    -How is Anderson on the Citadel with you? Why didn't you see him run past? How does he have no damage? There was a lot of shit on that field. He could've been obscured by any of it, and then broke cover once he realized that Shepard entered the beam. And maybe he has no damage because he wasn't hit.
    -How is Shepard's radio still working if his suit is damaged? *shrug* Maybe wherever it's stored wasn't hit as hard by the Harbinger beam?
    -How does anyone know Shepard made it up? Maybe because they got a reading on his radio whilst he was on the Citadel, or that beam had a reaction they could read when someone went up it?
    -How is Anderson under TIM's control? Maybe he was under some level of reaper influence to that we don't know about, and perhaps TIM had a high level of mind control over other people.
    -Star Child's logic illogical. I don't know how to answer this, because I don't see what's wrong with his logic. Perhaps it's an example of blue and orange morality.
    -The control side is blue, the synthesis beam is white, and the destroy side is red. Why would they be color coated? Who cares.
    -The endings are all fairly similar. This is the one I probably agree with. Except now we have the Extended Edition, which I'm guessing added those scenes where different characters voice over the ending. Those scenes are all fairly different from each other.
    -Shepard appears to be on Earth in the final breath scene. When I saw this scene, it looked like it was still Citadel to me; everything was dark, he appeared to be in an enclosed space. When I saw Angry Joe's video though, it did look like Earth, so maybe that's something they fixed too.

Over all, like I said in the other thread, I really enjoyed this final installment. It sounds like a lot of nitpicking went on three months ago, though. I'll admit that some of the complaints hold water, But most of what I've heard I gotta roll my eyes at. Reminds me of people's reactions to Prometheus (except I think ME3 is a lot more solid over all and has less flaws. There are more legit complaints about Prometheus, although I still consider it a good movie.) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Oh, and I've been reading the bioware forums today. What I sum it up as is people choosing to interpret the ending in the worst way possible, and only accept their interpretation as the correct one.

This ain't no place for no hero Mass Effect 3 Tiffany's Avatar

I think the whole "thing" with ME3's ending is to have a "thing". Due to how complex the game was there's no way that BioWare would have been able to make an ending that would appeal to all people.

My biggest peeve?

SPOILER!!:
    Thane dying. Seriously! He was my love interest in ME2 and I chose to continue that in ME3. He died and I was past the point of getting the Paramour achievement when I finally figured out that it wasn't gonna happen.

I did the Synthesis ending. Yah, the green glow was kind of creepy... but I still liked my ending.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2