Thread: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced

The Quiet One Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced

Square Enix announced during TGS that they will be re-releasing Kingdom Hearts for the PS3 as a HD package. The PS3 release will contain Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. It is also said that it will contain Kingdom Hearts 358/2 cutscenes in HD for a theatre mode.

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix is a re-release of the original Kingdom Hearts only released in Japanese with updates and new content not seen in the original or US/EU releases. The Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories is the PS2 version of the GBA original game.

Like past HD remakes, they will have trophy support and improved visuals for HD. It is currently only announced for Japanese release, but the potential is there for a US and EU release given they are HD versions of the games. If it does get released this will be the first time US/EU fans will get to play the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts, which contained additional cutscenes related to Kingdom Hearts 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced-kh15hd-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Old Skool Warrior Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The good news here is that the ESRB has this listed for a pending rating. We should be seeing this Stateside, at the very least - though it would be silly, then, not to go ahead and pass it out to the rest of the world as well.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Certified tech, come at me! Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was kinda hoping it would simply be titles like KH 1 & KH 2. Its cool that Square is, AT LEAST, bringing KH 1 around, but CoM really doesn't need a HD remake *shivers*. Is Square going to add anything new to the HD versions like achievements or updated camera for KH1?
    Currently Playing:

The Old Skool Warrior Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Andromeda stated in the first post that there would be trophy lists for each of the games - I've seen that cited in multiple sources, so that is a confident "yes" on that one.

Not sure about the camera angles.I'd hope it was tweaked, but have not seen anything official in that regard.

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    I was kinda hoping it would simply be titles like KH 1 & KH 2. Its cool that Square is, AT LEAST, bringing KH 1 around, but CoM really doesn't need a HD remake *shivers*. Is Square going to add anything new to the HD versions like achievements or updated camera for KH1?
    Speculation is that a HD remix 2.5 will come out with:
    BBS
    DDD

And by speculation, thats just a bunch of people on Neogaf.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, if you look at the 1.5 trailer there is KH2 in there. Which made some people think that KH2 was going to part of the game as well. But it ends up making sense that they would do another bundle with KH2 and something else Birth by Sleep would be the most likely as it is older.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I'm really, really, really, really, really hoping this come out in PAL regions, or even just UK. The EU never actually got RE:COM, which was a real shame because I wanted to play it so much. Plus COM on GBA goes for about £50 on Ebay :/ So had to settle with the manga.

If they did release this, I would be ecstatic. They would then need to release KHII, then I would have no reason to keep my PS2.

Blog Entries
    I guess if they released it in the US that they would also do a EU release as well. But I guess if they didn't release KH RE:COM in the EU, then there is the chance. But it is KH:FM, so I would think that would weight things enough to make it worthwhile to release the game since it is the main series title and the one that start this convoluted series to begin with.

There are reports coming out that people are interpreting as an unofficial announcement for the other regions. Since apparently, Disney says they have two big titles coming soon and one is Epic Mickey 2, the other is unannounced, but many assume to be KH1.5 HD since it would be the only other title they have. Though honestly, I don't know if Disney even counts KH as their game in any form other than lending their characters to it. Square's the one that makes the games and publishes them I'm pretty sure. The only thing Disney could offer afterward is a larger list of voice actors. So maybe they consider on of their games, maybe they don't.

Magically Delicous Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Announced Merlin's Avatar
    Then after this is released they will come out with Kingdom Hearts HD 1.75 International, which will only be released in Japan and have more new features that we will never get. /sarcasm

Blog Entries
    Oh the irony of calling something International and then not releasing it internationally. Oh silly Square and your naming conventions. But they would probably call it Final Remix. >.> Since that is the theme they have going on with KH. Final Mix and Remix, Final Remix totally makes since for them.