Thread: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Nearing Completion and Dark Seeker Chapter

The Quiet One Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Nearing Completion and Dark Seeker Chapter Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Nearing Completion and Dark Seeker Chapter

Nomura talked a little more about a few different topics and games, but most of the talk focused around KH. The biggest news for people excited for the game is that the production is coming to an end. There is no exact date, but if production is wrapping up soon then release is probably only a few months away for Japan.

As reported before, KH 358/2 was supposed to be a full game for the HD Remix. However, they wanted to focus on new. So 358/2 was converted into a movie. The movie will cover about 70% of the story with the rest as text, namely the Disney worlds will be text. All of the cutscenes will come out to about 2 to 3 hours of video. So plan on a long sit when you're working through it all.

Past KH titles had a trend of putting in secret movies for gamers to discover, usually after getting 100% completion in the game. However, Remix will not have one.

Nomura said he is working on trophies for the game right now, but that aside from trophies there will not be major additions to the game. More answers came in on the combat, which was said to be closer to KH2. Like with KH2, special actions during combat will be mapped to the triangle button. The camera will also be more like the one in KH2.

The entire series of KH game thus far apparently has an official title now, called the Dark Seeker Chapter. The Dark Seeker Chapter especially is said to refer to being Xehanort's story. So when Xehanort's story ends, it is likely that there will be a new focus for the series.

Noruma also said he wants to bring the series to a new audience and understands that the series is difficult to follow with it have so many games on different consoles and all part of the story. So it is likely we'll probably see in the future an effort by him to try to consolidate all of the games, probably on the PS3, so that new and old fans can enjoy the entire series. No out right confirmations on anything else, but good implications on KH2.5 HD.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Nearing Completion and Dark Seeker Chapter-kh15hd-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Nearing Completion and Dark Seeker Chapter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    As reported before, KH 358/2 was supposed to be a full game for the HD Remix. However, they wanted to focus on new. So 358/2 was converted into a movie. The movie will cover about 70% of the story with the rest as text, namely the Disney worlds will be text.
    I wonder how many scenes of Roxas, Xion and Axel eating sea salt ice cream are gonna be left in said movie.

Good to hear that the series is gonna try to be consolidated. All the platform jumping with the games really hurts the wallet.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Quiet One Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Nearing Completion and Dark Seeker Chapter Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it was also the reason for why I haven't been able to play a number of the games. I still have to actually play Re: Chain of Memories some time, but if we see the HD version. I may just wait until then. I still want to play Birth by Sleep, but I don't think they put it up on the PSN store otherwise I'd probably be playing it on my Vita, since that is actually supposed to be really good.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner