Thread: Have you converted (yet)?

Permanently banned Have you converted (yet)?

Have you converted (yet)?

I know that quite few people are beginning to buy Xbox 360s, Wiis, Pandoras (when it comes out), and PlayStation 3s. Anyone else here still play their GameCube, Xbox, PlayStation 2, or Dreamcast? I don't have a seventh generation console (other than a DS), does anyone else here not have a seventh generation console (other than a DS or PSP)? I think the sixth generation is better, I prefer the GameCube to the others anyday. The graphics aren't really different either, people went crazy over the HD / Blu-Ray thing, but really, does it matter? Pretty much not, I don't see how having possibly 1% (or more) better graphics really effects how good a game is. Also, there is one thing the sixth generation has that the seventh can never have, StarCraft: Ghost (which I am getting for the GameCube when it comes out; after they unindefinately postpone it).

The Lost Writer Have you converted (yet)? Psiko's Avatar
    No. I'm still faithful to my NES and SNES.

Yes, I own a 360, PSP, and DS.

I own a PS1&2.

I am still a few generations behind. You cannot show me a set of games that is better than Final Fantasy VI, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time, and Dragon Warrior IV. It simply does not exist.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Death Before Dishonor Have you converted (yet)? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I own a majority of the gaming systems
    PS1
    PS2
    Gamecube
    N64
    Xbox 360
    NES
    Wii
    SNES
    Atari
    Sega

Sega Saturn

I do not play them all but I try to at least play my PS1 and my PS2...Oh and just a question what the hell is a pandora, is it that new thing that runs off linux or what...
    Last edited by Josh_R; 10-15-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Crash Boom Bang Have you converted (yet)? Lily's Avatar
    My Dreamcast died a death a long time ago, though I still have it. My Ps2 is probably my most used though, my ex had a PS3 and it was my idea he get it (haha) yet I never bothered with it once, it just didn't interest me, or have anything I wanted to play. I've got a Wii that just sits there gathering dust as well. As does my DS & PSP. If I'm honest I think Ive just lost all interest in gaming altogether, when the fancy really takes me it's the PS2 that comes out

Oh, Id probably play on mny SNES more if the power pack wasn't acting lke a tart, and my ex took my Mega Drive as well, which Im STILL annoyed about, the nob

I really can't see myself ever upgrading tbh, I know this means missing out on FFXIII but I just don't think I care enough to fork out all that money for a system for the sake of one game....

we shall see how the sales pan out in the future I guess <_<

Lady Succubus Have you converted (yet)? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Dude, what's a Pandora, and SC: Ghost got canceled like 8-9 years ago. It's never coming out.

Also, Wii can play Gamecube games. I still have my PS2 and my PS1. I've never had an xbox, but I have a 360 (Which I rarely use anyway except for Lost Odyssey.)

I have a PSP and a DS. I had a GBA SP but traded it in toward my DS Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena
    what's a Pandora
    It's as simple as Wikipedia.

Although I consider myself someone who appreciates old school gaming, I see no reason not to upgrade to the current generation of consoles other than perhaps reasons of finance. To deliberately stick only to consoles that were created before a certain date is rather insular and shallow in my opinion. Appreciating or prefering the games of old and continuing to enjoy them is certainly admirable (hell, I still have my Dreamcast, Saturn, N64 and Genesis/Sega CD hooked up, with an aftermarket NES just a few feet away), but to completely write off the current generation because it's "not as good" is petty. There are dozens of fantastic games that have come out this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin1gamer
    he graphics aren't really different either, people went crazy over the HD / Blu-Ray thing, but really, does it matter?
    I'm hardly a graphics whore, but yes, to a certain degree, it does matter. What you're focusing on when you dismiss graphics is an insular, mechanistic definition of gaming. You're treating the game as if it's just a game and should be nothing more (after all, they're called games). But, language aside, games have another dimension you're ignoring, that of artistry. Whether you're using graphics to make a world believable or to add a sense of stylistic flair a la Windwaker or Okami, their refinement is an intricate part of the game creating process.

This post has been rather disjointed and poorly written. I apologize; I'm horribly tired.

Until now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    ...Dude, what's a Pandora, and SC: Ghost got canceled like 8-9 years ago. It's never coming out.

Also, Wii can play Gamecube games. I still have my PS2 and my PS1. I've never had an xbox, but I have a 360 (Which I rarely use anyway except for Lost Odyssey.)

I have a PSP and a DS. I had a GBA SP but traded it in toward my DS Lite.

Pandora is a console developed by a third-party company.

Ghost was never canelled.

I do what you can't. Have you converted (yet)? Sasquatch's Avatar
    Systems I have:

PS3
    XBox 360
    PS2
    SNES (console)
    NES (console)

Also: SNES and NES emulators and thousands of ROMs.

There's no point in having a PS1 or XBox, since I can play those games anyway.

And like Jin said -- I'm definitely not a graphics whore, but there is a certain amount of artwork to many games, and it [b]is[/i] important. I was playing Resistance 2 on the PS3 the other day and had to stop in awe and look around for a couple minutes. And yes, after a certain point, more refinement isn't needed (are there a bajillion pixels or a bajillion and a half? Who can tell?), but there is definite improvement between PS2/XBox and PS3/360.

Oh: I also have another emulator, but it only has one game on it -- Mother 3. Think it's for GBA or something, I dunno.

But I still play them all. Right now, I'm using my PS3 to play either Resistance 2 or Final Fantasy Tactics, downloaded off the Playstation Network to my hard drive. The 360 is usually used for a couple RPGs I had not tried before (Star Ocean, Lost Odyssey, and Infinite Undiscovery). The PS2 is for FX and FFXII. On the SNES console and emulator, I've got FFVI and FFI games saved, plus a couple Breath of Fire games and a 100% Super Mario World. The NES is for Tecmo Bowl, Super Mario Bros. 3, etc. And of course Mother 3. So I still use all of them, hell yeah.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Starcraft Ghost was canceled. Stop lying to yourself. It will never come out, and if it did, it would have been for PC, not Gamecube. It's called vaporware, only one game I've played that was vaporware that actually finished was Darkfall, which failed.

I have a hard drive for a 360...but no 360.

Registered User Have you converted (yet)? WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    I still play my N64 and Gamecube, mainly for zelda games plus i like goldeneye for N64

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Have you converted (yet)? Tallulah's Avatar
    I have:

• a Sega Mega Drive (no, rly. Bought it second-hand last month, works fine. Wish I could say the same for some of the games... )
    • a Wii
    • a Nintendo DS (can't find it for the life of me, though!)
    • a PS2 (second one, my old one bit the dust three years ago;it just stopped reading the discs... )
    • an X-Box 360, courtesy of my folks!
    • a PSP
    • BeebEm, which takes me back to my BBC Micro days. I have all my old games as well!
    • a Game Boy Color. Sadly my original Game Boy died two years ago, otherwise I would of course, still have it.

A mixture of old and new, really.

All is One.One is All. Have you converted (yet)? Firefly's Avatar
    I have a ps1 and a ps2.I used to have a gamecube,but my sibilings ended up destroyin it.I am tryin to get a psp to play Final Fantasy Dissida
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Have you converted (yet)? Tallulah's Avatar
    ^ Yeah, I got a PSP solely to play Dissidia on. I now use it for playing... Sudoku and custom Lemmings levels. :/

I got a few UMDs as well (still in their cellophane), for use on the long (and it's gonna be LONG with my boyfriend as a travelling companion!) coach trip to Paris.

My 360 is also gathering dust. I just don't have time now I have a job... -_-

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Used to own a Nintendo 64. Not any more.

At the moment, I own:

~ A working PSOne.
    ~ A PS2.
    ~ A PS3.
    ~ A PSP.
    ~ Xbox.*
    ~ Xbox 360.*

A DS is next on the list... eventually...

*These actually belong to my brother. Any attempt to touch either results in death... apparently.

Anyway, graphics isn't a big thing for me either. Some of the best games I've played didn't have fancy, high definition resolutions. I must admit though... crystal clear graphics... *drool*
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 10-14-2009 at 12:51 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Well, I own pretty much, which is just because I got all the console after my brothers didn't want to play any videogames anymore. xP So they're all mine *kehehhe* *_*" (Except for one~)

- SNES
    - GB (I think we still own 2-3 xD")
    - GBC
    - GBA SP
    - NDS
    - GameCube
    - Wii
    - PSOne
    - PS2
    - xBox 360 (my brother's)

I still (!) enjoy playing GBA games (like FFI and FFII ) and I also love to play the old Zelda games (for SNES and GB). I don't really care about graphics, so I've no problem playing the old games.
    Best of all, of course, was SNES <3 Great games, great console, great³ <3

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User Have you converted (yet)?
    I don't have any older systems. My SNES got taken by my older brother because his didn't work anymore. Here's the systems that I do own:

PS3
    PS2
    Nintendo Wii
    Nintendo DS
    PSP

I got rid of my GBA, because I have the DS lite which still has the port that plays GB games. Idk if I want a DSi, unless something fantastic comes out for it that I just really need to get one.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 10-14-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Well as of now I have:
    NES
    TurboGraphics16
    SNES (qty:2)
    Original Gameboy
    PS3
    and of course I still have the trust PC to play some of my older titles like Diablo, Simcity2000, and what not.

I recently got rid of some of my older Sony systems for the sole fact that my PS3 is a god PWNing the newer versions because it is the 60 gig model. I still want an atari and a few others. I am going to add the DS and the PSP to my list of consoles when I can get a few extra bucks.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Master of the Shadow Key Have you converted (yet)? KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I have the exact same systems as Dodie has, only add a Gamecube. The bad thing is my PS2 broke so I have to get a new one, as my PS3 is one of the new models. i ignore the Gamecube as my Wii can do it all. I used to have a Super Nintendo and one of those portable SEGA things, but I've lost them.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Starcraft Ghost was canceled. Stop lying to yourself. It will never come out, and if it did, it would have been for PC, not Gamecube. It's called vaporware, only one game I've played that was vaporware that actually finished was Darkfall, which failed.

I have a hard drive for a 360...but no 360.
    You really are a troll. You don't know anything either. I'm going to say this in the nicest possible way: GTFO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin1gamer View Post
    You really are a troll. You don't know anything either. I'm going to say this in the nicest possible way: GTFO
    Actually...you're the one that doesn't know anything. Telling someone to GTFO just because you don't know how to respond is uncalled for. Also, he wasn't being a troll. He was telling the truth.

I've wiki'd Starcraft Ghost, went to IGN, and what have you, and the Gamecube version is indefinitely canceled to work on the PS2/Xbox versions, and then those got put on hold because they forked it over to another company, and then that company wanted to wait for the seventh generation, aka the 360/Wii/PS3's capabilities.

Then, just last year, a UK magazine (or something like that) stated that Blizz just "quietly shelved" SC Ghost because of the recent recession.

It's called vaporware for a reason.

Honestly, kid, don't lie to yourself anymore, and don't act as if you know everything. Try looking stuff up for once, huh? (I admit I didn't look up the Pandora, but I was lazy.)

Blizz didn't officially announce its cancellation of the game, but it's pretty damn evident that it is. At this point in time, Blizz doesn't care about anything that isn't Starcraft 2, Diablos 3, or World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-14-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    Actually...you're the one that doesn't know anything. Telling someone to GTFO just because you don't know how to respond is uncalled for. Also, he wasn't being a troll. He was telling the truth.

I've wiki'd Starcraft Ghost, went to IGN, and what have you, and the Gamecube version is indefinitely canceled to work on the PS2/Xbox versions, and then those got put on hold because they forked it over to another company, and then that company wanted to wait for the seventh generation, aka the 360/Wii/PS3's capabilities.

Then, just last year, a UK magazine (or something like that) stated that Blizz just "quietly shelved" SC Ghost because of the recent recession.

It's called vaporware for a reason.

Honestly, kid, don't lie to yourself anymore, and don't act as if you know everything. Try looking stuff up for once, huh? (I admit I didn't look up the Pandora, but I was lazy.)

Blizz didn't officially announce its cancellation of the game, but it's pretty damn evident that it is. At this point in time, Blizz doesn't care about anything that isn't Starcraft 2, Diablos 3, or World of Warcraft.

It's not even called vaporware. You probably never played StarCraft, Warcraft, or Diablo (any of them). Your just some 40 year old virgin living in his mom's basement, on the Internet with his **** hanging out, until proven otherwise by a licensed medical physician. Check any reliable website, Blizzard itself, or Wikipedia, you'll see that Ghost is not canceled/vaporware, never was, and there are no (announced) talks of it being so. Also, ask anyone who has an IQ about 200 higher than you (so basically anybody with an IQ of 207 or higher).
    Last edited by kevin1gamer; 10-14-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    StarCraft: Ghost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did I just not tell you that I wiki'd Starcraft Ghost? You're telling me to do just that, and I told you I already did. Wiki calls it vaporware.

And thank you for flame baiting a moderator who didn't even provoke you at all.

I'm also actually 25, thank you. I own Starcraft Battlechest, Warcraft 3 Battlechest, and World of Warcraft battlechest. I've also downloaded and played the original Warcraft and Warcraft 2. I also own all of the warcraft novels.

But that is besides the point. I don't need to show any credibility to you. Hell, Blizzard's website doesn't even talk about Starcraft Ghost at all.

Search Blizzard.com

Closest thing they have is the Copyright. I've also told you that I've looked at IGN.

Search Results for "Starcraft ghost" on IGN

Look. Canceled. Although as I had already stated, Blizz did not officially announce the cancellation. Please read through this post entirely rather than rageposting and calling me names.

This topic has gotten derailed enough as it is, so if you are even going to respond at all, please take it to PM or VM, thank you.

Also, cute signature you got there: Too bad it's not reliable as you didn't prove me wrong. You just called me names and told me to check the websites that I already checked. *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Despite Blizzard's announcements, many of the video games industry's journalists now list Ghost as canceled and consider it vaporware; the game was ranked fifth in the 2005 edition of Wired News' annual Vaporware Awards.

Go ahead and tell me IGN isn't reliable, and that wiki is full of crap. (Which, tbh, it is. Wiki is edited by normal people and half the crap there isn't really reliable unless you're doing school research or something.)
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-14-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Oh, and everyone knows IGN is always right.[/sarcasm]

To quote the old, yet popular phrase: "You can't spell ignorant without ign."

Does Kevin even know what vaporware is? When a game is labeled vaporware, the chances of it being released are slim to none. Even if it's being "shelved", with the economy crisis, the game wont be seeing light for a long time. Even with the rumor of the game somewhat being made for the generation after 360 and PS3, highly doubtful. Blizzard have more important titles to concentrate on then a spin-off of Starcraft.

I will agree the game was cool. Got to test it out at the first blizzcon.

~Its impossible to fight~ Have you converted (yet)? Orbiting Gravity's Avatar
    Oh wow, I still adore the nintendo, PS 1/2, and Gamecube system. Although there is a XBox 360 in my house, I prefer the old gaming systems because, not only am I familiar with them, but all the good games are for that system (Final Fantasy, Zelda, ect.). At least to me.

Didn't Blizzard hand off Ghost for-****ing ever ago to another company because they didn't care about it anymore? Then I'm pretty sure they stopped caring so much they told the company to just let it go.

Ghost was "announced" a LOOOONG ****ing time ago. It is now Vaporware. If your entire signature about proving Jay wrong is based on you trying to say Ghost isn't Vaporware, then you're a ****ing idiot.

Blizzard in it's self can juggle multiple projects with ease, so that's not why Ghost was canned. They currently have, in developement:

Patches for the existing version of WoW
    Upcoming WoW Expansion
    Untitled but confirmed new MMORPG, which a few major designers for WoW were transferred to
    Diablo III
    Starcraft II

Edit: As far as my systems go that are currently set-up I have, from left to right as I"m looking at this:
    Wii, PS2, XBOX 360, SNES

I don't know where your comment of the graphics on the Gamecube are not too different from current graphics, out of your ass I'd assume. Granted, the Wii was not a technological upgrade from the GCN (which is why it retails for less than PS3 and XBOX360) but the 360 and PS3 had massive CPU and GPU upgrades, and the output of the 360 and it's graphical capabilities blow the PS2 and original XBOX, as well as the GCN/Wii, out of the ****ing water with it's visual effects.

I can't speak for the PS3 since I've never played one.

Edit: My friend, who has been a gamer alongside me for as long as I can remember (We met when I was 4, 19 years ago) pretty much creamed his pants the first time he saw my setup. 56" HDTV w/ my 360 running in via HDMI makes for quite the sexy gaming experience. You may not think it means much, but once you've seen it you never want to revert to small <27" standard definition screens, especially when the PS3 and 360 were built around a high-def output and many games put this to use.

I moved my 360 into my bedroom to let Forza run some races via a hired driver while I worked on school projects. It was.... disappointing.
    Last edited by Sean; 10-16-2009 at 12:36 AM.

I have a PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Gameboy Advance and PSP.

I don't use the PS1, 2 or P for anything (in fact, my PSP died when I tried to play Dissidia a week ago, and won't turn on.) Actually, I don't use my PS3 much either - my gaming consists of the Xbox 360 and my computer.

SpellWarrior Have you converted (yet)? Hinj's Avatar
    I convert whenever there is game out on a system I don't have but try to keep the old system I have.