Thread: DS v. DS Lite

I like to lol. DS v. DS Lite ExQuentin's Avatar

DS v. DS Lite

I am going to have to play FF III soon and I have a DS original.. Do you guys suggest I get a DS Lite instead or should I keep (and play on) my DS original? If I do decide to get a DS Lite sometime and I have saved data I want to transfer to my DS Lite how would I do that and is it possible? Thanks guys!

Lady Succubus DS v. DS Lite Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: DS v. DS Lite

Uhm, the save data is on the cartridge itself, not the DS. So there's no problems there.

I like the DS Lite for how much smaller it is.

OK, i thought that it saved on the cartridge itself. I have about 52 dollars right now, I mow about every week (or 2) for 20 dollars and I am almost to the destruction of the Dreadnaut on FFII. Do you think I should buy a Lite before I play FFIII?

Blog Entries

Only buy the Lite if you're not liking your original DS and you want to play GBA games.
    Otherwise there's not really any reason to get a Lite.

Thought so...

Thanks again Victoria!!

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Keep the original DS and buy a DSi (or my new personal favourite, the DSi XL). That way you can play DS games, gameboy advance games and DSiware games and communicate with yourself in games where it is beneficial (pokemon comes to mind).

Or just go the DSi/Gameboy micro route to play all DS software and ALL gameboy games. My mate did that and couldn't be happier.
    victoria aut mors

The DSi XL has a game boy slot? I remember the DSi didn't. I might just wait and get a DSi XL on my birthday... If I play the game on my original DS and on my birthday just put the game into my DSi XL will my saved data be on that?

Blog Entries

...the save file is on the cartridge. It doesn't matter which model of the DS you are playing the game on. You can put it in your DS, DS Lite, DSi, or DSiXL, and the save information will still be there. I hope that clears that up for you.

I only have a DS Lite, and it seems to function well enough for what I want, which is playing games. It can also play Game Boy Advance games, so that's nice. Any extra peripherals are frivolous to me, and I don't need them. I hear, however, there's gonna be this thing called a 3DS soon. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User DS v. DS Lite Satrus's Avatar

I have played on the original DS and the DS lite but I think the DSi and DSi XL is better then both the DS and the DS lite

Blog Entries

No, the DSi XL does not have a gameboy slot.

And how do you figure the i and iXL are better if you have not played them? =P

And thanks Telegraph, I already talked about the save information. =P

Certified tech, come at me! DS v. DS Lite SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally like the DS Lite out of all the current DS models. The DS Lite is smaller, sleek, has brighter screens, and it still plays GBA games.

Well the DSi models have even brighter screens but they removed the GBA slot.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

I like the ds lite because it is lighter then the average ds. If you use it you can feel how light it is. The ds is heavier, but it doesnt cost as much. so its more like how light or cheap you want to go for a ds. id go cheap, but thats just imo
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

To clear up any confusion I was recommending using the DSi/XL in conjunction with the original DS. They cover eachother's flaws as the DS can play gba games, the DSi can play DSiware but neither can play both.

I've been getting by currently with a DSiXL and a DS Lite and it's served all my needs quite well.
    victoria aut mors

I don't like neither. I like the Nintendo dsi