Thread: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Blog Entries

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Okay so I downloaded this game on Steam a few days ago, and from the moment I played I became hooked like a cocaine addict lol.

For those who haven't played yet, it takes place in 2027, where you play as Adam Jensen, the man who is in charge of security for one of the biggest leading corporations that deals with augmentations, or add-ons to the human body, like mechanical arms, legs, etc (think robocop). After being involved in an attack that leaves you mortally wounded, you get all sorts of augments and as the game progresses, you can choose what you want to upgrade and how you want to play through the game. The game is more fps then rpg, but it is one of those games where running and gunning is not recommended in every situation, as you can have skills to talk your way out of bad situations, skills that allow you to go completely silent and can give you a camoflauge of sorts, or even skills that just allow you to run faster, jump higher, and a punch that can let you knock down certain spots in the wall that can get you around areas. For the most part, think Fallout 3 era with the rpgish elements and the different choices of character to play as, but for the main storyline quests, its more Metal Gear Solid. (there's even an award you can get by not setting of a single alarm throughout the whole playthrough, aptly named "Foxiest of the Hounds" (lol Foxhound))

ANYWAYS, go out and get it now! One of the best games out this year imo. For those who have played it, what do you think?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I've got it for the 360 and am loving it although the completionist in me finds a way to manage a reset whenever something doesn't go terribly smoothly. Slowly am managing to just go through it and let whatever happen happen.

All the little features have made it quite fun though. Like the ability to find passwords to different terminals instead of hacking and whatnot. Totally didn't catch the MGS reference until you connected it haha.
    EBG

I want to play a game. Deus Ex: Human Revolution Zargabaath's Avatar

Gots it for the PS3. I'm not much of an FPS person but this game is more of a hybrid of RPG/FPS or simply a stealth game. I like my Y-axis inverted when playing however when I first got into firefights in the "prologue" I would get confused. My mind would switched back to a normal Y-axis, it shows how unaccustomed I am to shooters. After playing some more I got it down. All it takes is practice.

I am finding the game to be incredibly fun. Putting in as much playtime as I can into my busy schedule, these next few days not so much. I like how there are so many ways to get into a place or go about an area. Like talking your way in or sneaking in to the premises.

I heard the first boss fight seemed a bit out of place in regards to play-style because before the that the player should be sneaking around. This was said to be a straight up firefight, but when I took the boss down I was able to use some stealth in my tactics. I thought it actually blended the two of stealth and guns quite well.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Death Before Dishonor Deus Ex: Human Revolution Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just beat this game the other day, and I gotta say it was a pretty good game. Excellent story, characters, pretty much everything. Only thing I had a problem with was having to be stealthy throughout most of the game. I am a run up beat down kind of guy, and if you try that here you will get smashed.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Great game. Great graphics, great gameplay, dangerous AI and an intriguing storyline. MGS playing really came off with this haha! Loved it.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Okay, I Cannot Wait To Get My Hands On This Game. It Looks Like It Could Be Fun, And It Does Look Pretty Awesome...That's Square-Enix For Ya...Hehe

Characters Look Pretty Good Too, So We Will See How It Goes. Hopefully The Storyline Is Awesome As Well. So Far Everything Looks Good To Me. Cannot Wait To Unleash Hell Upon My Enemies With This Game.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Um.. I enjoyed it, it was quite different than most games i've played. I liked the shooter aspects even though it wasn't REALLY a "shooter" i found it had to break my habits of running in and gunning down all the guys so it took me a bit. I started off killing everyone but then i found you got more exp for knocking them out so i started doing that and it was pretty cool. The story was pretty good but a little predictable in parts. It was a bit long which is a good and bad thing but i liked it.

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.