Thread: 360 RPG's :/

Time to take control... 360 RPG's :/ Serah's Avatar

Cool 360 RPG's :/

I got an xbox at christmas and I know final fantasy XIII comes out on the 9th..
    But I was just wondering if anyone knows any other good RPG games for the 360? I've got Fable II and Dragon Age : Origins... any others?
    (Yes my 360 game pile is quite feeble at the moment haha)
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...

Re: 360 RPG's :/

Star Ocean, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon come to mind. The Last Remnant is there, but it sucks. Some action/RPG hybrids include Mass Effect and its sequel, as well as Fallout 3, Oblivion and Borderlands if you really want to stretch the genre to its limit.

There's some I'm missing, but the 360 actually has a pretty good line up of RPGs.

Until now!

Finding this place a little dull... 360 RPG's :/ xTidus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Star Ocean, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon come to mind. The Last Remnant is there, but it sucks. Some action/RPG hybrids include Mass Effect and its sequel, as well as Fallout 3, Oblivion and Borderlands if you really want to stretch the genre to its limit.

There's some I'm missing, but the 360 actually has a pretty good line up of RPGs.
    I agree with them all, but your missing Eternal Sonata& Tales of Vespiria and The last remnant is amazing!

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 360 RPG's :/ T.G. Oskar's Avatar

For purposes of completion: while not 100% sure based on the system, all of the X-Box RPGs may be played on a 360.

Although pretty hard, a bit flawed on the camera and a bit awkward on story (and the "pretty hard" point is actually an understatement), Operation Darkness.

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is yet another RPG for the system, if you're interested in Western RPGs.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

This ain't no place for no hero 360 RPG's :/ Tiffany's Avatar

I didn't mind The Last Remnant. Took a bit getting used to, but once I was it was alright. Lost Odyssey was way better though, IMO.

Last Remnant was abhorrent. What was the average frame rate of that game? 12 fps? Honestly, I think SE was just looking to make a quick buck with that one. But to each his own, I suppose.

I forgot about Operation Darkness; good catch, Oskar. Though not the best SRPG I've ever played, it's pretty decent, especially given the small list of other SRPGs that come out these days.

Until now!

.............. 360 RPG's :/ smurphy's Avatar

Well quite a few have been mentioned but the definitive RPG on the system( thus far) has been Lost Odyssey. Quite a linear game despite the fact it brought back the world map. And Last Remnant was a huge letdown. Not as bad as Star Ocean the Last Hope though.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 360 RPG's :/ T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I forgot about Operation Darkness; good catch, Oskar. Though not the best SRPG I've ever played, it's pretty decent, especially given the small list of other SRPGs that come out these days.
    Heh. I had to use my iPod to beat Mission 8 (The Longest Night. I don't kid, that's the name of the mission). Used a lot of Iwata for it (Tactics Ogre - Prepare to Take the Field for the briefing, Final Fantasy Tactics - Battle on the Bridge for the first part, Final Fantasy Tactics - Tension for the second part) and ended up with some Castlevania (Castlevania Judgment - Bloody Tears for the "boss" battle).

Coupling inspiring songs with World War II SRPG where you get werewolves and spellcasters against Nazi soldiers, tanks and vampires!? It's almost enough to let you forgive the game; the Nintendo Hard difficulty is what makes it not so desirable. It's almost permanently on "Unforgivable" difficulty, and the biggest catch is that there's an achievement for finishing it in less than 25 hours...
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

The Mad God 360 RPG's :/ Heartless Angel's Avatar

Lost Odyssey is a must buy. "Made by the creator of Final Fantasy", was all I had to hear to decide I was buying it. It plays alot like a Final Fantasy, and has a great storyline.

I loved Last Remnant. Took some getting used to, but it has an amazing storyline, and some pretty complex gameplay.

Fable and Fable 2 are staples in the RPG addicts diet. I've played through both at least 10 times.

Oblivion is nuts, nuff said.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

who's been touching my materia? 360 RPG's :/ Fang's Avatar

I recommend Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. I didn't get too into Oblivion myself and I just started playing Fable II and I don't find it to be that great.

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

thanks i cant help being a ps2 kinda girl haha, i guess it was my 'growing up' console. I will have to go out with a list in hand

Star Ocean The Last Hope was my reason for even wanting a 360. x3 That game is absolutely amazing! Have you played any of the other Star Ocean games before? Oh, and it's real-time battling, just so you know. ^~

Also, Eternal Sonata is an excellent game, even though it's a bit short and is kind of linear. But the battle system, genius!

And also by tri-Ace, Infinite Undiscovery. The game isn't too long, and it features a giant cast of characters. It's so much fun, to me, anyway. And it's purely real-time

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I think most have been mentioned.
    If you like your old skool, Ultimate Genesis Collection/Megadrive Collection has the first four Phantasy Star games.

I think Oblivion was mentioned, but it's also noteworthy that the GOTY edition with a lot of extra content is now very cheap at most places.

If you liked the Diablo games and don't mind shooters, Borderlands is definetely worth a look. Moreso considering how amusing some references can be at times.

Though not really RPGs, I also recommend the Bioshock games.
    They have a brilliant story, great atmosphere and enough upgrades to keep most RPG fans or gamers in general happy.
    victoria aut mors

TFF's Token Imp 360 RPG's :/ Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My recommendations would be Fallout 3 and BioShock/2. If you're into the action RPG thing.. And plus Oblivion is basically Fallout in a different setting. Bethesda admitted they used pretty much the same level design and mapped it differently.

Also, if you're prepared to wait until the end of the year, Fallout: New Vegas arrives in November. Harks back to the days of Fallout 1+2 with the New California Republic.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

The Mad God 360 RPG's :/ Heartless Angel's Avatar

Infinite Undiscovery was pretty good too.

Darksiders is nice, it plays like some freakish combonation of Zelda and Devil May Cry. Though it's also out on the PS3

And Fable 3 comes out in October apparently.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Elloewen 360 RPG's :/ ultimatekupo's Avatar

Lost Odyssey - here is a link. Check it out.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES 360 RPG's :/ Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

The new Dragon age is a must get
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Just remembered another great 360 RPG. Magna Carta 2. Beautiful graphics, solid story and an interesting battle system. One of fewer new JRPGs I've gotten absorbed into, the other big one being Lost Odyssey which has come up a few times.
    victoria aut mors

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! 360 RPG's :/ ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Well let me see well Final Fantasy XIII will be out for the X-Box 360 in a week.

Star Ocean The Last Hope is a great RPG, Infinite Undiscovery is another great one.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

I got star ocean the other day so good so far will have to go get some more soon
    Just counting down until the 9th

Our Hopes and Expectations 360 RPG's :/ Ernest's Avatar

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...last%20remnant

^ Metacritic on the "amazing" Last Remnant.

Everyone's pretty much mentioned everything worth getting. I will put a special reccomendation on Fallout 3. Though bear in mind that it's a Western-RPG and if you don't know by now, they are incredibly different to those made by Japan.
    ____Ernest