View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Final Fantasy VII playable character?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aeris (Aerith) Gainsborough

0 0%
  • Barret Wallace

0 0%
  • Cait Sith

0 0%
  • Cid Highwind

3 60.00%
  • Cloud Strife

1 20.00%
  • Red XIII

0 0%
  • Sephiroth

0 0%
  • Tifa Lockhart

0 0%
  • Vincent Valentine

1 20.00%
  • Yuffie Kisaragi

0 0%

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy VII!

TFF's Resident Messenger Let's Play Final Fantasy VII! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's Play Final Fantasy VII!

First, here are my current party's stats. I forgot to write Tifa's and Red XIII's before I split the party into two groups.
    Cloud:
    Level - 16
    HP - 593
    MP - 122
    Limit Level - 2
    Limit Break - Blade Beam

Strength - 31
    Dexterity - 20
    Vitality - 30
    Magic - 39
    Spirit - 39
    Luck - 20

Attack - 63
    Attack % - 98
    Defense - 42
    Defense % - 5
    Magic Atk - 39
    Magic Def - 39
    Magic Def % - 0

Weapon - Hardedge
    Armor - Four Slots
    Accessory - Talisman

Weapon Materia - Restore, All
    Armor Materia - Cover
    Barret:
    Level - 14
    HP - 576
    MP - 95
    Limit Level - 1
    Limit Break - Big Shot

Strength - 27
    Dexterity - 15
    Vitality - 28
    Magic - 29
    Spirit - 24
    Luck - 18

Attack - 44
    Attack % - 98
    Defense - 46
    Defense % - 6
    Magic Atk - 29
    Magic Def - 24
    Magic Def % - 0

Weapon - Assault Gun
    Armor - Mythril Armlet
    Accessory - none

Weapon Materia - Lightning, Elemental
    Armor Materia - Fire
    Aeris:
    Level - 13
    HP - 429
    MP - 106
    Limit Level - 1
    Limit Break - Seal Evil

Strength - 22
    Dexterity - 16
    Vitality - 34
    Magic - 32
    Spirit - 27
    Luck - 18

Attack - 38
    Attack % - 100
    Defense - 61
    Defense % - 7
    Magic Atk - 32
    Magic Def - 27
    Magic Def % - 0

Weapon - Mythril Rod
    Armor - Carbon Bangle
    Accessory - Protect Vest

Weapon Materia - Poison
    Armor Materia - Steal, Enemy Skill
    Time 8 hours, 39 minutes, 40 seconds
    Gil 9,983

I am currently right outside of Midgar. I saved my game as soon as I split the party into two groups. Aeris and Barret are with Cloud, Tifa and Red XIII are by themselves. I am hoping to get a different "date scene" in this playthrough, because I have always gotten the scene with Aeris. So I will be listing the decisions I made throughout. I have no clue how much of an effect each individual decision makes, but only time will tell.

1. When asked by the "flower girl" after the Mako Reactor explosion, I replied that she get out of the area. I did not purchase a flower.

2. When offered a drink by Biggs and Tifa, I declined. I replied in the positive when asked questions by Wedge and Jessie.

3. After spending the night at 7th Heaven, I replied that Barret's snoring kept me awake when Tifa inquired about my night.

4. I make it a point to talk to Aeris last when given a choice. During the jail cell scene, I first talked to Red XIII, then Barret, Tifa, and finally Aeris. After climbing down the wire to escape Midgar, I talked to Red XIII, Tifa, Barret, and then Aeris. The only reason I have Aeris in my party is because she has the lowest level among the entire party.

Here are some of my observations while playing:

I was wondering if all terrorist groups thought as AVALANCHE did, doing the attack for the betterment of the future. I mean, you don't just do something for absolutely no reason, right? There has to be something to work for, be it monetary, environmental, or social gain. I also don't really understand why they had to blow up the reactor. If it were me, I don't think I would blow it up. I would think that blowing it up would cause a Mako leakage, instead of capping it off and stopping the drain. But what do I know, I'm not a plumber. Especially one that deals with pipes containing a planet's life energy.

What is up with the timer's amount in the bombing mission? I was able to walk to the exit, and win the battles, all within the allotted ten minutes. To be exact, I had 2:51 left on the clock. Is this another example of the game's designers making the game too easy for the North American gamers. I know that the setup of the temperature during the mountain climbing scene was made easier for us in North America, and I wonder if the same is true with the bombing mission clock.

After I jumped off the train to go blow up another Mako reactor: I am in the area right before entering the Mako reactor area. I went down the train tunnel for what seemed like forever. I like to walk whenever possible when I play. I was thinking while walking in the opposite direction of where I was supposed to go. I thought, "Does Cloud get ticked off when I always go toward the guards while I am in this tunnel?" Because really, I would get kinda aggravated. Barret said that the area was in one direction, and here I make the entire party go the wrong way. And for what? A battle against a ton of those slug-like monsters (Grashtrike), all leading up to a too easy battle against a couple guards? It hardly seems worth the time. But I do it for the experience points. Even though I hate it that every time I fight those slugs they inflict the entire party with Slow status.

The Wall Market sidequest: This session was spent getting the necessary ingredients in order to make Cloud in to the perfect lady. Personally, I don't like this part of the game. It seems to not be needed. Seriously, where in that dress does Cloud keep the Buster Sword? Cloud should have just busted in there and beheaded all the bad guys. We've already seen that Tifa can kick butt, and would be able to fend off any attackers if they came to harm her because Cloud and Aeris are crashing the party. Besides, it wasn't as if she was being held against her will. She went there voluntarily to find out what Corneo knew.

The seemingly endless staircase: What is up with this? I get that you're sneaking in through the back door, but other than the dialogue between Cloud, Tifa, and Barret, there is no point in having the player climb all those stairs. One or two of those scenes would have been enough. And also, why did Tifa have the guys go on ahead. The way she was moving, she looked as if she had to use the restroom.

The executive's meeting: Why was it going to take 120 to complete the tests on Aeris? Since the whole point was to find the Promised Land, why not work harder on finding it instead of leaving it for other people after you have passed on?

Anyway, my goal in this LP is to finally complete the game. I am not aiming for 100%, just seeing the end of the game without having to watch it on YouTube. This LP is open to all, so feel to start a playthrough yourself and join in on the fun! I would like it to be more than just Rowan and I, but I understand if no one else is interested. If you don't want to join in, I hope you enjoy reading about it.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 12-02-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Had to fix some weirdness.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

The King Let's Play Final Fantasy VII! Tydis's Avatar
    wow! I read this after I just finished the game. WHAT A TWIST!!.. and yeah clouds the main man here for me the ***** got mad omnislash'n skill nothing like it .

- - - Updated - - -

wow! I read this after I just finished the game. WHAT A TWIST!!.. and yeah clouds the main man here for me the ***** got mad omnislash'n skill nothing like it .
    Tydis

I thank THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON because it wasn't for this game I would have never started playing FINAL FANTASY and discovered FINAL FANTASY X which is my favorite game I would be more than happy to put this pic as my signature.

Mystyrion
    If I wasn't in the middle of several other games, I would have been down to play. Although I believe I still have an unfinished game on my PSP saved. Maybe when you guys hit around the point I'll join in.
    As for the poll I voted for Vincent, to put it short he just seems the most intriguing to me.

The bomb timing missions? Are you referring to the opening sequence? I see no reason for that to be hard. As for someone just stepping into the game its purely just an icon to make you think you need to hurry. Not that you actually have to.

Consistently Average Let's Play Final Fantasy VII! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would it be a problem that I'm currently on the second disk? I've only just started this file recently so I'd like to keep going with it. I can always type out my progress, character stats and materia in my blog as I have been doing until you're up to that point. I've been spending the past week or so grinding to get everyone's Limit Breaks so It'l be a while before I make much progress with the story. As for the poll, I voted Cid, it's always gonna be Cid. He's cooler than the other side of the pillow.

10 minutes seems to be the timer for most things in this game, I was thinking about it the other day. The countdown till the bomb in the reactor explodes, the amount of time before the enemy submarine gets away and something else too that I've forgotten about all need you to accomplish your task in 10 minutes or less.

EDIT: Oh I remember now, it's how long you have to get to the front of the coal train before it reaches Corel. Has anyone missed out on getting Ultima because they didn't do it in time? I think it tool me 3 minutes overall.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!