Thread: Official FFXIV Trailer

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Official FFXIV Trailer Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Official FFXIV Trailer

Hey TFF I'm just here to bring you this: YouTube - FINAL FANTASY XIV E3 2009 TRAILER

I hope you enjoy it, and please share with us your thoughts on this new Game. Seriously though, Enjoy

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Looks pretty impressive and I certainly plan on trying it out.
    I never really started XI, so it's kind of nice there will be a fresh start with XIV. As with many online things, I'm sure it will be very addictive haha xD.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I want to play a game. Official FFXIV Trailer Zargabaath's Avatar
    I played Final Fantasy XI for some time but left after after a while. I was thinking of getting back into the game before Final Fantasy XIV was announced.

From the interviews of the developers, they have seemed to have learned a lot from FF XI and the feedback from players and I'm interested in how exactly the implement those changes to the game. One thing I hope they bring over to FF XIV is the chocobo racing, it would be a bit senseless to hold off that till later. I am irked that in this game they didn't introduce male Miqo'te (Mithra) or female Roegadyn (Galka), I've come to turns with them not creating entirely new races as other MMOs used dwarves, elves, gnomes, orcs, etc over and over; with Final Fantasy though and the creativity that stems from the series, I thought that they would differ from others, I was wrong. I had also wished that the races specialized in different areas than their FF XI counterparts but it seems they'll specialize in the same areas just like other MMOs.

I just learned from the official website, that maybe the Roegadyn will not be so bad at magic as there is a clan known as the Hellsguard that have mastered the magical arts. And people maybe be able to play as them cause there are two different types of Hyurans (Humes): Highlanders and Midlanders so if players can choose from those two (not confirmed, hypothesizing on my part) then maybe players can play as a Hellsguardian. I do like that the Hyurans have firm convictions in individual freedom . It also seems that the Lalafell (Taru-taru) have incredible agility and their feeble legs can carry them long distances over any terrain.

The sketch artwork of the three city-states: Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, and Gridania look gorgeous. The information of Limsa Lominsa is nice and interesting; I really like how the city is spread out over countless islands each connected by brilliant ivory bridges. What that will look like in game will be simply amazing to behold.

After looking at the website that has been updated since the last time I peeked has increased my interest in Final Fantasy XIV. That's all for now.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 08-14-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Revision

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Hellsbane

its online...

I saw the trailer and thought it looked amazing. It came with the classic cover:

"FINAL FANTASY XIV". Then underneath it had to say "online".

Ive got nothing against it, its just, i cant play onlione games that complex as my CPU experiences way too much lag. I cant afford to get a new one or upgrade my current one.

This is really annoying...still, i suppose there is FF XIII..*sigh*

I want to play a game. Official FFXIV Trailer Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane View Post
    I saw the trailer and thought it looked amazing. It came with the classic cover:

"FINAL FANTASY XIV". Then underneath it had to say "online".

Ive got nothing against it, its just, i cant play onlione games that complex as my CPU experiences way too much lag. I cant afford to get a new one or upgrade my current one.

This is really annoying...still, i suppose there is FF XIII..*sigh*
    Some good news for you is you don't need a great PC to play Final Fantasy XIV, for the game is coming out for the PS3 as well. And I wouldn't be surprised if it came to the Xbox 360 for the developers were still thinking about it and are supposedly in negotiations and the Sony Rep at E3 (can't remember his name) said that when Final Fantasy XIV is released you could only play it on the PS3, he was talking about consoles not PC since their is no war with PC; looking at that statement Final Fantasy XIV is only exclusive at launch not for its lifetime meaning it could come to the Xbox 360 later on.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Master of the Shadow Key Official FFXIV Trailer KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I've had my doubts about online games but I think I'll give this a shot. It'll probably take me awhile to get enough cash for the monthly payments but the game looks too beautiful to pass up! Hmmmm, I think I'll go with an Elezen.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Official FFXIV Trailer Xanatos's Avatar
    I have already seen this trailer and it's pretty good. I don't really like that FF XIV will be online game primarily because FF XI isn't that old and I think that they're releasing new online FF to soon. But we'll see when it comes out, who knows maybe I'll even play it.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-15-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Che
    FFXI is pretty old, actually. It came out way before WoW did, and lost a lot of it's players to WoW. I think Square wants to be more competitive and casual friendly like WoW is with it's next generation MMO. PLUS! This game could be a great way for Square-Enix to rack in money to put into more SE games, which I definitely wouldn't mind.

#LOCKE4GOD Official FFXIV Trailer Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anybody find it weird that such promotion for FFXIV is occurring, when we (well at least I), have only seen a trailer for FFXIII. I would've preferred FFXIII earlier rather than waiting while they simultaneously develop XIII and XIV. I assume they have different people working on each, but still. Playing XIII while waiting for XIV seems logical.

Che
    FFXIII is only going to last 60~ hours. What is that? 2 or 3 days? The way I see it is there's a game coming out for the people who refuse to play the MMO, and there's an MMO coming out for those looking forward to it. FFXIII will be out first, so you will get to play it while waiting on FFXIV.

The Quiet One Official FFXIV Trailer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Plus I think that they want to avoid what happened last time with FFX, FFXI and FFXII. Since FFXI was online it did not capture the full audience most FFs would. So many people did not see as the same FF. So for many there was a long gap between games since FFX and FFXII had something like five or six years between each other. Naturally, FFXII had some development issues, but that aside. I think releasing FFXIII and FFXIV close to each other is smart because people won't have a lot to wait for FFXV that next single player FF.

And yes two different development teams are working on FFXIII and FFXIV. The FFXI team is doing FFXIV and I'm not sure about FFXIII I guess the main series team or whatever they are called.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

wtf my freinds have always asked me why these games are called ff and why there are so many if its final. now im starting to get pissed off they are making too many too quickly they need to give it a rest while they are ahead

Registered User Official FFXIV Trailer
    I've never played an MMORPG before, but I just may pick this one up. I hear that these types of games can be quite addictive. The trailer does indeed look beautiful (but then again, it's Square-Enix, so of course it's beautiful), and I really would like to see more.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Official FFXIV Trailer Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    They are already planning to make FFXV. And, I don't mind that they are Making alot of them, and showing us the Trailers and things like that. It is way better than having to wait every 3 years just for one of them to come out. This will be really good...In a way.
    I cannot wait to Play them all. Its just too Beautiful to keep it away from me for so long...LOL But, that is what to be Expected from Square Enix. I would like to work for them one day. I have tons of ideas, but I need the right people to be able to visualize my ideas. Oh well, until then, I guess I just gotta wait and see what happens.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/