View Poll Results: To Rep or not to Rep, that is the Question

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want some reps with my likes, yo

15 55.56%
  • Like, I so like liking. I don't need reps.

3 11.11%
  • Reputation is all I need. No likes for me.

4 14.81%
  • Sorry, I wasn't listening. OOH SHINY! *runs away*

5 18.52%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back the Reps! Or not?

Magically Delicous Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Merlin's Avatar

Thumbs up Bring Back the Reps! Or not?

Hey guys and gals, lend me your ears... or uh your eyes? So one of the recent changes was to disable the Reputation(Thanks) system since we added the Likes system. Would you prefer to have the reps back, stay with the new likes system, or have both? The choice is yours! No, I can't combine them into one uber system unfortunately. Sad, I know, but we do have options.

Vote vote vote! Feel free to leave your opinions in a post here as well. Thanks!

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Bring Back the Reps! Or not? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Either both, or how it is now. You can at least still PM people if you want to leave a note, but the +reps made it easy. I enjoy the like system, and I'd use that over the +reps. But I have no argument against using both.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Boxer of the Galaxy Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Rowan's Avatar
    I liked the rep system because you could leave a comment as well, But I also think that the 'like' system is easier since sometimes people cant be bothered writing a comment to go along with the positive rep, sometimes people just find things funny and would rather click 'like'. There would be a lot of people on here I imagine that had gathered a lot of rep since they first joined up and that those particular people would be upset after the upgrade finding out that all their positive rep was abolished. Theres also some special stars for members of 10 years plus isn't there? While all these things may seem trivial to some, I would view them as great accomplishments and signs of commitment to the forum. If you can somehow work you way to perhaps replace those kinds of things with achievements and awards instead, I would say that should suffice. In terms of rep and likes, I think we should bring back the rep system but it would need to calibrated furthermore.

JR1Gz.jpg

Isn't there a way you can make it so that a 'like' will count as a rep?
    Last edited by Rowan; 09-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Crazy, it posted the thread before the poll was done. Check out the poll at the top of the thread and keep your thoughts coming! I'm thinking that if we add the Reputations back there should be no negative repping. Positive feedback is a lot more productive than hating.

Memento RK Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I vote for having both. There have been posts since the forum revamp that I want to comment on, but all I have the option to do is like. Having both would be good. As Rowan said, some people can't be bothered to leave a comment, but they might have liked what was said. When the rep system in place, those people couldn't leave their regards. With the likes system you can, but it doesn't cater to those who like to leave comments and 'secretly' dislike the post if they so choose. That's my piece ^_^
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I liked the rep system because you could leave a comment as well, But I also think that the 'like' system is easier since sometimes people cant be bothered writing a comment to go along with the positive rep, sometimes people just find things funny and would rather click 'like'. There would be a lot of people on here I imagine that had gathered a lot of rep since they first joined up and that those particular people would be upset after the upgrade finding out that all their positive rep was abolished. Theres also some special stars for members of 10 years plus isn't there? While all these things may seem trivial to some, I would view them as great accomplishments and signs of commitment to the forum. If you can somehow work you way to perhaps replace those kinds of things with achievements and awards instead, I would say that should suffice. In terms of rep and likes, I think we should bring back the rep system but it would need to calibrated furthermore.
    Not only that, but being able to see which posts received likes is cool. It lets you see what opinions others may like, even if they do not necessarily warrant a reply.

Blog Entries
    But the neg rep was informative! It lets me know who hates me ^_^
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Ayyye Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Neg rep is usually a bad idea. Just causes fighting. I definitely want the rep system back, but like Rowan, I'd like to see some additions added to it. Those bars under our names that said stuff like "Successfully stole from Locke" if those were rep related, those work, though they seemed a but difficult to achieve. Maybe a ranking system like "Soldier" and stuff for rep that's bigger than just 7 levels lol

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Polk's Avatar
    I liked rep because I could give rep to girls and send them a message saying "ur hot send me pix plz."

Now I have to send them an extra pm. Ugh. You're cramping my style TFF.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries
    And what are haters gonna do, Carli?

Bananarama Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Carli on this one. I like the neg rep for the sole reason of knowing who I pissed off. Usually I get a little love letter as well. It's good for a laugh.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Q. Billingsley View Post
    I agree with Carli on this one. I like the neg rep for the sole reason of knowing who I pissed off. Usually I get a little love letter as well. It's good for a laugh.
    Well I know what I'm doing when the rep system comes back.

26529824.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    Neg rep is usually a bad idea. Just causes fighting. I definitely want the rep system back, but like Rowan, I'd like to see some additions added to it. Those bars under our names that said stuff like "Successfully stole from Locke" if those were rep related, those work, though they seemed a but difficult to achieve. Maybe a ranking system like "Soldier" and stuff for rep that's bigger than just 7 levels lol
    It does? It only causes fighting for those who take things uber personally. I just end up having a conversation with the person who gave me rep (neg or not) It's the fact that they took the time to give me rep. Then I level with them and get back on a neutral path. If you don't follow that that's you. I have a different way of handling things than others, and it works for me ^_^; No hate!

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    And what are haters gonna do, Carli?
    Haters love me!
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Can we also get a "back pat" and "three cheers for" button?

How many acknowledgement tools do we need?

Maybe have it kinda like the old system? Where people, if they click "like" can leave a comment only you can see if they want to leave one? Make sense?

Nix...I need more forum acknowledgement tools! How will I know I'm loved if I don't get my one rep comment a month!? Or a like? Or a VM/PM saying send me pix pls.

I never had a problem with negative rep, I'm all for people expressing how they really feel on the interwebz. If only I was cool enough to get bad rep from che...my life would be complete.

Carli....if haterz luv ya what do lovers do? xD
    EBG

Haha i never got negative rep either, which is just weird, just all green dots, and the odd grey dot, is grey negative? i would have thought red was.....Does anybody know what im talking about with the dots??

no grey was ineffective. Had something to do with a persons activity or level I think. Which is funny now that I think of it....TFF declares your opinion means nothing to us.
    EBG

Blog Entries
    Green for positive (go), Red for negative (stop), gray for neutral (not enough posts to give positive rep yet).

Memento Rhapso Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh lordy, and so my likewhoring begins
    Not garnering likes for myself, but dispensing them to loads of comments. Anyways, I like this new system since I don't have a refractory period from giving a member a like/rep, but as has been stated, now I can't include a message to go with it without sending a VM. So, the having both running seems like my ideal solution.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Jesus, in all my time here i never once got negative rep, weird considering all the mod warnings i got

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    Carli....if haterz luv ya what do lovers do? xD
    Don't know. They're too busy loving they don't have time for hate. Look at che for example. He's never given out a neg rep in his life. <3
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries
    I actually haven't, I don't think, haha.

Kiss with a fist. Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Dranzer's Avatar
    I vote both, or like it is now. I personally liked the rep system, though, so I'd definitely be in favor of it returning!

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Most people don't like the neg rep they get... I don't know if it's the criticism or the fact that their rep score is being lowered, but it's one of those things that just causes issues. If there's really constructive criticism that needs to be expressed, even if it's just a line or two (though you'd think it'd usually be a bit longer), it can be posted, or PMed, or thrown on their wall. Why provide yet another unmoderated line of communication? Flame eachother off the forum, haha. We have enough features cluttering up the page as is (and probably more to come once we figure out the RPG thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Ayyye Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    It does? It only causes fighting for those who take things uber personally. I just end up having a conversation with the person who gave me rep (neg or not) It's the fact that they took the time to give me rep. Then I level with them and get back on a neutral path. If you don't follow that that's you. I have a different way of handling things than others, and it works for me ^_^; No hate!

Haters love me!
    Well, I've just seen a lot of people use it as a chance to insult someone, I've also seen people purposely rep 10 people a day just to daily neg rep people, people that get into fights over it and so on. Best way to let some one know you have an issue is to politely PM them or just ignore them. I just don't like negativism >_>

Queen Bring Back the Reps! Or not? Crescent's Avatar
    I prefer how it is now with the likes. When I first joined..I was like 'rep'??? Why the fk for?? How lame and trivial. Still is. Sending negative rep to someone cause you got your feelings hurt is so pathetic. Go cry somewhere else. I only sent nice ones for the record

I click enough Likes when I'm visiting Facebook to show people I care.

I like reps because it's like leaving a PM but it's not a PM. Plus I love giving out negative reps and seeing people get mad. I'M GOING TO NEG REP YOU BACK CAUSE YOU NEG REP ME AERRGRGRGRGRRG I GOT YOU GOOD
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Bring Back the Reps! Or not?
    I voted already, but I do have a question: If reps do come back, are we all starting back at square one, or do we get all the reps from before the forum revamp back? I don't mind either way, but there were a few nice messages left to me that I wouldn't mind seeing returned. ^^
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

You should have the same reputation and messages as you did before. And no if I disable neg repping you won't retroactively get those points back. Just figured I'd point that out.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey! That shiny was nothing but tin-foil trash. Feeling like that distraction was done on purpose! ;-;

But seriously, I liked the rep system a little more than the like system. Sure, likes are awesome and everything, but now everyone can see what you're liking. I'd rather leave someone a hidden comment (a good comment, of course!) that they can enjoy, instead of someone crying about how I like one person's post more than another. Also, it's a little controversial if someone liked someone insulting another person, or just plain being a ****. I can see a few disputes, much the same as with the rep system (happens on facebook, haha).

Also, if it comes back, can it be called "rep" again, instead of "thanks"? Liking something is more of a "thanks for that post!" type thing. ._.

EDIT: I vote keep both, plz. <3

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast