Thread: When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels?

Registered User When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels? winterborn86's Avatar

When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels?

Im now on chapter four and my characters are all still level 1 and have level 1 weapons, when can I start upgrading weapons and start to move up levels? I'm starting to get a bit worried. I've been using CP and doing well, pretty much completed the whats available.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Registered User When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels?

Re: When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels?

The next levels in the Chrystarium should open up when you defeat certain bosses. I can't remember each one at the moment. Just keep truckin' and you'll eventually get more levels unlocked.

As for upgrading your weapons, when you get to a certain point in the Vile Peaks, you get the option to upgrade your weapons and accessories at save points. You should be close to getting there since you said you were in chapter 4, and I believe that's where the Vile Peaks are.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I feel epic... When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I'd wait, if I were you. Until Chapter 7, to be precise.

Actually, don't do anything with any of them, if you haven't, already. Use this video to help you.

YouTube - Final Fantasy 13 - Endless FREE Gil, Phoenix Downs, and Free Weapon Upgrades

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Tsuna Feesh When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels? Fate's Avatar

Not necessarily. Upgrading weapons and other equipments can be a big help at any stage in the game depending on what it is that you upgrade. The extra power is never a bad thing, either. But just...don't be like me and sell all the accessories you find (and thought were useless) for Gil in order to buy materials for upgrading. ^^' If I were to play again, I think I'd just upgrade with anything I find as I go along, just to make things easier.

And filling up the Crystarium to its current maximum is always a good thing, because even if it's that filled up, the battles aren't going to be a cake-walk. ^~

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Registered User When can I start upgrading my weapons and going up levels? winterborn86's Avatar

It has been tempting to sell the accessories cos I'm total broke, but managed to control the selling urges.
    I was starting to worry that I had missed something at the start, thanks for all the advice I can stop freaking out now lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco