View Poll Results: Should i bother with FFXIII??

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

1 8.33%
  • **** off and judge for yourself

5 41.67%

Thread: So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks

So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks

Should i bother with this game???

I'm a big FF7 nut and that got me into the FF series, i still hold it in the highest regard out of all of them to date.

FF8 started off great and then nose dived at the end, FF9 i enjoyed alot but never felt compelled to replay it like 7. and FFX kicked ass also, few complaints about it but me the journey of the game over shadows any flaws.

FFx-2 i played and lets just pretend that game never existed, as it shouldn't have

Then we have FF12 which i taught was just the biggest pile of shit ever, and not just for a final fantasy, i just thought it was a crap game, characters sucked, battles were tedious and the story was just complete muck.

So with my mini view points in place, should i try FFXIII?? I havent looked into it much and never do so not to spoil too much of the game, but it just looks like the same kinda style/trend as FF12.

So should i buy this game or try a different rpg/game?

throw in a poll for effect, there we go

I HAVE CONSTRUCTED A THREAD!

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks

Rent it first or something. It's very linear, characters might be too "young" for you to mesh with, but the best part is honestly the battle system. I actually wanted to get into fights in this game, whereas I usually skip shit just to further the story.

This is coming from a guy who logged 120 hours in it, loved it, but then sold it back.

PS It's 59.99$+tax USD.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

give it a shot!

It's a bit slow in the beginning since the game is very story oriented, but if you give the game a chance, you'll have a lot of fun with it. It's probably rated in the top half of my favorite FFs. It's not at all styled like FF12, it's definitely more streamlined and quickpaced. Also, the battles do require a bit of thinking at times to get through them quickly, so if youre taking too long and getting bored of battles, you're doing it wrong.

just my .02
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks Zargabaath's Avatar

It is the antithesis of FFXII. While FFXII was very open and allowed the player to choose to play the game in many different ways, FFXIII is very linear (more so than X) and very controlling/restrictive for most of the story. The battle system in FFXIII is pretty great, though the AI has quite a few flaws ( I never once saw any AI character cast Protectega, Hastega or Shellga and that is in 2 playthroughs).

You may already know but if the party leader dies it is game over, though the game gives the option to retry - which has the player spawn just before the fight - or give up (i.e., title screen). Difficulty doesn't really pick up till chapter 10 - unfortunately - I would've liked if the game was hard from chapter 3 or so.

Music is up to you and how you perceive it and the same mostly goes towards the story and characters. You may love, like, are ok with, or hate the story. Some characters may get on your nerves in different ways. The story is focused on the main cast with little interaction or time spent on important NPCs. The plot takes quite some time to get rolling.

Give it a rent.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Certified tech, come at me! So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't bother with it personally, give it a rent at least to see if its something you really want. Given the battle system was fun and all but I don't find it engaging like other FF games.

There are times when you walk in a game store and you look at a title you're interested in and ask yourself "Do you really want this?"
    Currently Playing:

Picked it up and some of the lingo is hard to bare and facepalmingly cheesey

"Moms are tough" Yeesh! Glad she fell to her doom...

Finding the combat a little boring so far as i just keep hitting X till victory, didnt play it for long but will be going to town on it soon hopefully

Oh and che, i picked it up brand new for 25 bucks, thats euros btw

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Picked it up and some of the lingo is hard to bare and facepalmingly cheesey

"Moms are tough" Yeesh! Glad she fell to her doom...

Finding the combat a little boring so far as i just keep hitting X till victory, didnt play it for long but will be going to town on it soon hopefully

Oh and che, i picked it up brand new for 25 bucks, thats euros btw
    Yeah, it's incredibly cheesy at times. That's what I meant by saying:

characters might be too "young" for you to mesh with
    Hopefully it's not going to ruin the game for you, because it is still a cool game. And the price you got it for makes it worth it.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

Oh, you've already bought it. So that means you did "fuck off and decide for yourself." Guess I should pay attention to when a thread was posted and what has been said before I vote in a poll or say anything...

I thought it was alright. Really slow in places, took me a couple months of on and off playing to beat. Looking back, I don't know if I'd want to play it again. I thought the beginning-where they just throw you in and don't explain what's happening and also seem to treat you to a two hour action sequence-was especially bad. And I hated the linearity of the whole thing, and next to no NPC's to talk to throughout the game. But I did enjoy it when I played it, somehow... Not one of my favorites, but enjoyable.

Of course, when you said FF7 was your favorite and that you hated FF12, that really told me I was right in saying "fuck off and judge for yourself." So wait, you haven't played any of the older games, then? I didn't see you list any of them off. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Let darkness overshadow the light.. So.. I'm bored.. i got 50 bucks Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

It was fun, but when you get 33 hours into it, you will have noticed that the game was boring.

SPOILER-
    around 33 hours, you get to explore an open world, and you will have noticed that the linear game before was stupid.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...