Thread: need help getting this item

need help getting this item

I really need "Trapezohedron" in order to upgrade my weapons. What is the easiest and fastest way to get this item? I tried to buy it at the store but it takes too long to earn 2 million gills. Then I tried to take on the huge turtle monster because it drops this item but I always get my ass whopped. I tried Vanille's Death ability but most of the time, it failed. It's a waste of time.

I'm going to need like six of those so I can upgrade all the character's weapons. I heard something about upgrading vanille's weapon to final weapon and dismantle that and you could get 3 Trapezohedron?

I feel epic... need help getting this item Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Re: need help getting this item

You need the Trapezohedron in order to get the Tier 3 weapon in the first place. I heard of people saying once you have on, you can spend about 500000 or so gil to upgrade a weak weapon to its Tier 3 level and give it the component, then disassemble it for 3 more Trapezohedrons, but I'm not sure.

The only two ways to get it are to abuse the Death trick, or muscle it. Like this guy...

YouTube - [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII - Adamantoise [No Summon, No Death] [JPN]

I'm trying to level up myself so I can just attack and bring it down. Death is useful, but is way to unreliable. (I think if you've got the right stats, you can run down that whole alley and knock them all down, for the most part.)

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Let's make it rain. need help getting this item Jonathanx221's Avatar

Pretty soon you'll find yourself simply collecting ingots and raising money so that you can buy one, because the chances of these things dropping them are slim. People do get lucky, unlike me. I've spent days killing those things and never gotten one. Screw that crap.

The Quiet One need help getting this item Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is actually about 1.8 million gil that you have to spend in order to buy all of the items you need in order to upgrade Vanille's weapon into a Nirvana. But if you have the items already or some of them it won't be nearly as much of a cost.

You'll definitely want the Genji Gloves before you take on the Adamantoise without using a Summon. It also doesn't really help that the video has a person with a party of three completed ultimate weapons already. Which gives you an extra action slot not to mention being stronger. So while it is certainly valid that they killed it without a summon or death. For someone without an ultimate weapon and certain other item it will still prove quite challenging.

But yes, Highwind is the way to go, but only if you have Genji Gloves. If you don't have the Genji Gloves you'll just want to stick with the Summon or Death method until you do.

Also keep in mind that there are three types of Adamantoise out there before you get the upgrade on the Adamantoise. There are the small guys that only have one target and pretty easy to kill at that point. Then there are two that are pretty much identical in appearance except that one has nearly twice the HP of the other. The only way to really easily tell the difference before fighting them is to check their tusks. The one with a broken tusk will be weaker and having less HP than the one with an unbroken one. They do both drop the same item though, just one is much more difficult to kill since it will be more challenging to kill it in one drop without a lot of strength or magic boosts.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    It is actually about 1.8 million gil that you have to spend in order to buy all of the items you need in order to upgrade Vanille's weapon into a Nirvana. But if you have the items already or some of them it won't be nearly as much of a cost.

You'll definitely want the Genji Gloves before you take on the Adamantoise without using a Summon. It also doesn't really help that the video has a person with a party of three completed ultimate weapons already. Which gives you an extra action slot not to mention being stronger. So while it is certainly valid that they killed it without a summon or death. For someone without an ultimate weapon and certain other item it will still prove quite challenging.

But yes, Highwind is the way to go, but only if you have Genji Gloves. If you don't have the Genji Gloves you'll just want to stick with the Summon or Death method until you do.

Also keep in mind that there are three types of Adamantoise out there before you get the upgrade on the Adamantoise. There are the small guys that only have one target and pretty easy to kill at that point. Then there are two that are pretty much identical in appearance except that one has nearly twice the HP of the other. The only way to really easily tell the difference before fighting them is to check their tusks. The one with a broken tusk will be weaker and having less HP than the one with an unbroken one. They do both drop the same item though, just one is much more difficult to kill since it will be more challenging to kill it in one drop without a lot of strength or magic boosts.
    What does Genji glove do?

The Quiet One need help getting this item Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Genji Gloves allow the character equipped with it to have a 999,999 damage cap rather than a 99,999 damage cap that is set for the characters. The summons all automatically have a cap at 999,999, but you can have one character as well. This allows you to do a 999,999 Highwind with Fang if you do things right.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

need help getting this item Gaara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The Genji Gloves allow the character equipped with it to have a 999,999 damage cap rather than a 99,999 damage cap that is set for the characters. The summons all automatically have a cap at 999,999, but you can have one character as well. This allows you to do a 999,999 Highwind with Fang if you do things right.
    Actually, you can at least have two people with a 999.999 limit, though you probably already know this
    One Genji Glove from fighting Attacus or whatever his name was in mission 51, and another in mission 63(if memory serves), the one that has you fighting a Adamantortoise that is anggry at the loss of his/her offspring(which is probably the one killed in another mission )
    Might even be a third, for all I don't know yet

For some very odd reason, I got super lucky and recieved a Trapezohedron from the very first Adamantortoise I killed(went for the Death-approach)
    Now I just need the cash to fully upgrade that weapon of vanille's

No idea why I ended up with this nick, I guess my preferred variations of Yuffie were taken