Thread: Final Fantasy versus XIII

Earth Elemental Final Fantasy versus XIII Poto's Avatar

Question Final Fantasy versus XIII

what does everyone think of this game so far, are ppl looking forward to it or do ppl think it looks stupid?

I for one think it looks amazing, the character in the trailer looks like an evil combination of Cloud and Squall, I can't wait for more news on it.

Oh yea, and is it Final fantasy versus XII, or Final Fantasy XIII versus?

i have ears :) Final Fantasy versus XIII Full Life's Avatar
    it looks good it has good grafics and has a cool looking charecter it looks good REAL GOOD

Che
    Uh, ok.

I honestly haven't been following it too much, but from what I've seen it looks promising. A cast of characters, a story, apparently it's going to be a more action-based combat than FFXIII reg. It seems like SE isn't really putting out the info for this one as mainstream as the reg version. That being said, it still looks just as promising of a title, but it will definitely have a totally different attitude and feel.

I'm wondering what's up with the main character, as he apparently has all the past FF swords in his arsenal (Gilgamesh as a main character?).

TidusRB
    I hope thats a great game...

epyon21
    I think Final Fantasy vs. XIII Looks really good but I think the main character reminds me of Genesis from Final Fantasy Crisis Core.

Registered User Final Fantasy versus XIII WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    I looking more forward to this than FFXIII, the trailer just looks EPIC

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Registered User Final Fantasy versus XIII Ether's Avatar
    I like a good story so i'm hoping the "series" they are doing has an excelent story to make up for the crappy one (in my mind) they had for FF XII....

Story is everything when it comes to Final Fantasy, thats why i didn't really like FFXII, i found it lacking emotionally

Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

Registered User Final Fantasy versus XIII Ether's Avatar
    I think the thing for me was a "connection" to the characters...There was none. Like you said it lacked emotionally...I'm really hoping they wont repete that in these new games...cause I have no desire to feel like I wasted my money.....again.

Bringer Of Light! Final Fantasy versus XIII Messiah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WilsonDean1990 View Post
    Story is everything when it comes to Final Fantasy, thats why i didn't really like FFXII, i found it lacking emotionally
    AGREED
    I didn't enjoy FFXII as much as the others. I would like to see a connection between reg, Agito and Versus.I think it could make things rather interesting....
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.

Totally Agree with you there, I hope that happens but for some reason i can't really see how they will link together

Bringer Of Light! Final Fantasy versus XIII Messiah's Avatar
    Yeah i know what you mean, although it is a nice idea:3
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.

Ro-Ra-Star
    I'm really looking forward to this game; i can't wait for it. from what i've read, it's going to be loosely based on Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' and will apparently be the most tragic of all the Final Fantasy games. the main Character, Noctis, looks pretty cool. His eye colour changes from blue to red when he's fighting!

(By the way, i'm new here =P)
    Last edited by Ro-Ra-Star; 11-11-2009 at 12:18 AM.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Final Fantasy versus XIII Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I think it looks Awesome, and I am Deffenitly looking forward to it. The Graphics are just amazing and beautiful. The Gameplay looks pretty Solid too, so it should be fun, and interesting. I just cannot wait till it comes out in North America on March 9th 2010.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Ro-Ra-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by WilsonDean1990 View Post
    Totally Agree with you there, I hope that happens but for some reason i can't really see how they will link together
    well from what i've read, they all have something to do with crystals, don't they? it's been said that Noctis is protecting the last crystal in his kingdom.

perhaps the crystals can link thier realms together? i don't know, but i agree, it would be awesome if they were linked.

weapons-wise, i read somewhere that by using the power of the crystal, Noctis can summon weapons from thin air and move at lightning-fast speeds. the crystal also acts as a shield in other trailers.

i'm more curious about Noctis' friends; one website i've been reading has given them nick-names becasue we're still waiting on any names. i want to know more about them.
    Last edited by Ro-Ra-Star; 11-28-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Final Fantasy versus XIII E L L Y's Avatar
    realm of nobodies..you can enter it through Kingdom Hearts game..yeah I live in a game
    well..looking forward to it..
    I hope the story will be superb.. That's what RPG is, right?
    Last edited by E L L Y; 12-30-2009 at 11:55 PM.

EX Member Of The Al Bhed Club
    & The Yaoi Otakus Club

I miss everybody there

My DEAR TFF Family
    My Vampire Bleach Obsessive Brother - ABARAI RENJI
    My Addicted to Bleach Brother - KUROSAKI ICHIGO
    My normal healthy brother - METAL572
    My not imaginary sister - LoVeLeSs

misfortunes kept befalling me.. what did I ever do wrong?! ...

O Rly? Final Fantasy versus XIII Arch's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy versus XIII

This Game looks Sick. The Graphics are amazing and there is alot of action AND blood in it, and i have only seen the trailer. I have Feeling once this game comes out im going to have a new Favorite Character, Noctis. But what i really want to know is when it will be released. As of Now its TBA

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

There isn't any connection out of the 3. These 3 titles are in the Fabula Nova Crtystallis much like the Ivalice Alliance or the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. The 3 games aren't connected, they just are in the same universe. They all have to do with the mythos of the crystals. Think of the crystals as the back stories of the main plot in these 3 games.

My guess is that they are restarting the series with bringing back the crystals. I wouldn't be surprised

The main character has no similarities to everyone's favorite Cloud and Squall. Lightning is the new Cloud. If anybody is waiting for the next greatest Final Fantasy, this one is going to be it. The battle system is going to be a better version of Kingdom Hearts battle system.

This game is the reason I want to own a PS3

Also it's Final Fantasy versus XIII, I thought the versus came after but apparently not. FFvXIII
    Last edited by loaf; 02-14-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I feel epic... Final Fantasy versus XIII Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    I just cannot wait till it comes out in North America on March 9th 2010.
    Wrong game, you're talking about FFXIII.

Looks promising all right. I don't really consider graphics when looking at a game, but these seem interesting.

As far as the main character goes, I can only wonder what his story is: summoning all those swords and such. This game is apparently about sleep, too... but I don't know much more.

Squeenix has been awful quiet about the other games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series... but I hope they're good games.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Our Hopes and Expectations Final Fantasy versus XIII Ernest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poto View Post
    what does everyone think of this game so far, are ppl looking forward to it or do ppl think it looks stupid?

I for one think it looks amazing, the character in the trailer looks like an evil combination of Cloud and Squall, I can't wait for more news on it.

Oh yea, and is it Final fantasy versus XII, or Final Fantasy XIII versus?
    Yeah because Cloud and Squall are really two characters who need a union.

Noctis' physical appearance is really lame, for obvious reasons. Normally this wouldn't be a problem given the hundreds of characters and costumes, but his look is especially bad.

He just looks like another brooding, angsty hero who is meant to be intimidaing despite the fact he's a teenager.

I was not a fan of Kingdom Hearts II, though I did like the original, so there is premis for liking this. I also loved the soundtrack for the game, and am glad to see they have the same composer (can't remember her name).

But yeah. I wouldn't expect a great lot from this game. It'll be good, but at the end of the day, it's one big side project. If the Final Fantasy team aint working on it, it's likely to be inferior.
    Last edited by Ernest; 02-15-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    ____Ernest