Thread: 13's Battle System!

steven caban

13's Battle System!

In an RPG one of the two things that makes or breaks a game is the battle system... (the other is the story of course)
    thats what made me not like the 12th that much.
    but FF13's battle system looks amazing!
    is it just me or does the system kind of look like chrono crosses system?

Certified tech, come at me! 13's Battle System! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy XIII does look awesome dude. Its battle system doesn't really relate to CC's. It might look the same but this one the characters run around. In Chrono Cross the characters run up to the enemy and just stop there waiting for you to choose what attack strength to use on the enemy. In XIII the characters run all over the place and you can choose up to five different commands and they can be linked together to create a killer combo. Interesting observation though.
    Currently Playing:

steven caban
    I'm not saying the animation while fighting,
    I'm just talking about the whole combo thing.

Selkie in training 13's Battle System! Silver Spyro's Avatar
    It looks awsome. Makes me want the game even more.
    Call me Silver.

protecter of the last crystal 13's Battle System! Noctis Lucis's Avatar
    13's battle system + wat ive been missin all my life

ShadowMaster
    That the battle system? I hope it be like FF 12.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 13's Battle System! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    the Battle System looks good. I just cannot wait to play it. It Looks so Awesome...*Drools Insane amount of Saliva*

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Paradigm Shift 13's Battle System! FFTheBest's Avatar
    I think it's a bit like Crisis Core really...
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

I found ff12's battle system hard to get used too, so I hope this one is easier to manage.

FF:Zero (RMXP) - Writer/Director 13's Battle System! Petros's Avatar
    12's battle system, whilst an innovative and interest idea. Was DULL AS HELL, you set up your gambits and maneuvered your character near the nearest enemy, if you set up the right gambits, you wouldn't even need to do that.

XIII is returning to more player control again, although I am annoyed that you can only control a single character in battle. It just serves as a reminder that Square-Enix are slowly trying to become BioWare and want to create Western styled Action RPG's which have little to no thought to them. I'm not saying XIII's system will be like that, from what I hear it's as tactical as X's, as fast as X-2's and as seamless as XII's, all great qualities and I'm sure it'll be great, but this combined with their comments that they feel they have to evolve to a more western-style is frustrating. I knew the day that JRPGs would die out was coming, it has been since the release of Final Fantasy X (not that it was bad, it's just that people seem to prefer dumbed down button mashing nowdays and boring same old FPSs)
    WRITER & DIRECTOR

Made with RPG Maker XP

Visit our website at:

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! 13's Battle System! ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Re: 13's Battle System!

I started playing Final Fantasy XIII (6 hours into it) and I already love the battle system compare to Final Fantasy XII. It was nice to see they went back to the way they did to the other Final Fantasy battle gameplay which is a big plus.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Reminded me of Legend of Legaia

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    12's battle system, whilst an innovative and interest idea. Was DULL AS HELL, you set up your gambits and maneuvered your character near the nearest enemy, if you set up the right gambits, you wouldn't even need to do that.

XIII is returning to more player control again, although I am annoyed that you can only control a single character in battle. It just serves as a reminder that Square-Enix are slowly trying to become BioWare and want to create Western styled Action RPG's which have little to no thought to them. I'm not saying XIII's system will be like that, from what I hear it's as tactical as X's, as fast as X-2's and as seamless as XII's, all great qualities and I'm sure it'll be great, but this combined with their comments that they feel they have to evolve to a more western-style is frustrating. I knew the day that JRPGs would die out was coming, it has been since the release of Final Fantasy X (not that it was bad, it's just that people seem to prefer dumbed down button mashing nowdays and boring same old FPSs)
    How many Bioware games have you played? Their battle systems, in general, are pretty deep.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33276&dateline=126937  8632

Registered User 13's Battle System! Nhan-Fiction's Avatar

The battle system is pretty good, though the use of Libra made battles lean toward the easy side.