View Poll Results: When do you feel that a FF title really gets going?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • When I turn on the Machine

1 7.14%
  • When I hit New Game

0 0%
  • During the opening scene

4 28.57%
  • When I meet the main character

3 21.43%
  • Once the main party has been assembled

2 14.29%
  • After I get my first Esper

0 0%
  • When I beat my first enemy

0 0%
  • When I beat the first boss

0 0%
  • Once I get my first magic spells

0 0%
  • When I leave the first area

0 0%
  • Once the mandatory tutorials are finished

3 21.43%
  • When I learn about the primary enemy or problem

1 7.14%

Thread: When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you?

Registered User When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you? Locke4God's Avatar

When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you?

What does this mean? Well there's a lot of tinkering, tutorial business, and ramping up that goes on at the start of any FF title, so I was wondering when for you personally, that you feel like you first start to really get into the game.

For me, I need for the main cast to be assembled. For games with larger casts, I don't need Amarant or Vincent or Umaru, but I do like to have Ashe or Rinoa with me before I feel like the game has really gotten going.

What do you think?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you? Xanatos's Avatar
    As soon as the opening scene starts I'm fired up for FF game and that has always been the most interesting part for me mainly because everything is pretty much new and I'm excited to see how the story develops and what kind of characters are there in the game so you could say that I get into to the game right from the beginning.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you? Gilgamesh2000's Avatar
    I know that the tutorials are not on all FF games, but they can be so boring. I know that they are important for some people but after that no safety harness you are on your own, that is when the game starts for me.

When Your Love Is Lost When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you? cbchick's Avatar
    i would say after the tutorials and such but in some cases its right after the opening starts. the opening is really something that draws you in and i love watching the openings and before game menu trailers. like DMC4 for example, the menu trailer or whatever is one of my fav parts in the game because i love the music and the last part where he goes "Kyrie!!!" always gets to me XD

Death Before Dishonor When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For me it is usually when the main character is shown for the first time so basically as soon as it starts....but some games it starts the minute that I buy it...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User When Does a FF Game really feel like it begins for you? Locke4God's Avatar
    ooooh, I should have put "when you buy it" as an answer. Good responses guys. Several of you are right that it might depend on the game. 12 for me took a little longer to get started than did 8, which had an opening video so good I was into from the word go. But even with that game, I didn't really feel like it was up and running until at least after I got done with the SeeD exam, and really not even until after I met Rinoa in Timber.