Thread: To those who have Dissidia

To those who have Dissidia

Is it something I should buy? I've seen some good reviews and was wondering just how good it is. I was a tiny bit dissappointed that it didn't have a few of the characters I wanted to be in it (most notably, Genesis). Also, how's the fighting and the story?

Thanks in advance to those who answer.

Registered User To those who have Dissidia TobiasRainey's Avatar
    Genesis wasn't included because he's a character in a spin-off, Dissidia's line-up has only main heros/heroines and villains. Regardless, if you're a fan (you're here so I assume yes) you'll want this game.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Postingway To those who have Dissidia Maciariello's Avatar
    It's a love letter to Final Fantasy fans through and through. There's an insane amount of content in this game.

Personally, I think the story is the weakest part.

Synthesized Ascension To those who have Dissidia Zardoch's Avatar
    From the hours I've played, FFD is more or less Super Smash Bros., except nothing childishly retarded (minus various parts of story where childish characters make retarded statements). Other than that, it's a lot of fun. As Mac said above, there's a ton of content too. I mean a ton.

Difficulty-wise, I honestly think it was put together better than I expected. It's a little hard to get the controls down for a bit, but once you do, you'll really boost forward. Have to really learn every characters strengths, weaknesses, and above all timing. It can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy. I think somethings in the game are a little cheap though (i.e. specific moves that are either invincible for a second or are hard to block.) Most bosses have these ridiculous attacks. Still, in the end, it presents a challenge, let's you play and customize characters, and has been created much better than even I assumed.

Of course, the story sucks Godzilla's balls, but it's a fighting game, lol.

Anyway, if you're looking for something that will keep you busy until the next official FF game comes out, FFD is perfect. Good battle system, tense moments, and a sense of fun I honestly haven't found in any FF game in the past 8 years. I mean just being able to beat the crap out of your most hated characters is an uber plus in itself.

Registered User To those who have Dissidia smithhanson's Avatar
    I bought it recently and it's a ton of fun. The story is a little weak and I find the camera to be quite annoying at times, but it's worth it. The gameplay is extremely enjoyable and it provides a good challenge... Since you're probably a fan of the original Final Fantasies, I would encourage you to get this game.