Thread: Square-Enix interested in bringing future FF titles to PC

Certified tech, come at me! Square-Enix interested in bringing future FF titles to PC SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Square-Enix interested in bringing future FF titles to PC

Yoshinori had a talk with Eurogamer recently and he discussed the potential of bringing FF titles over to PC in the future. He mentioned that Square was originally going to bring FF13 to PC but there were 2 reasons that stopped them: 1. They didn't see a good market for PC gaming. 2. Worries about implementing security.

Kitase now sees the potential for the PC market with the Final Fantasy titles. We do know that Square-Enix are developing KH III and FFXV using DirectX11, so maybe we will be seeing these titles in the future? if not, maybe Final Fantasy XVI and later?

Do you think Square-Enix should go for the PC market for future FF titles? or should they stick to console releases? I myself think that this will be a great opportunity for Square so that people won't have to spend several hundreds for a separate system just so they can play these brand new Final Fantasy titles. If they expand their market, more people will be able to experience the titles, and Square will make even more of a profit of their FF games.

Original Article:
    Square Enix Interested In Bringing Future Final Fantasy Games To PC
    Currently Playing:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Square-Enix interested in bringing future FF titles to PC Xanatos's Avatar
    Structure wise consoles have never been this close to PC, porting games should be I assume lot easier from now on. With a great service such as Steam I see this as a viable option. Plus I feel Final Fantasy would sell well on PC due to serious lack of decent JRPGs. And since I game mostly on PC anyways I'm more than up for it.

Yeah, but piracy would be a problem nonetheless. People would switch to PC's just because they could get the game for free. I would love to have them on PC's regardless. I played FF8 on a PC and it was the best thing ever.

Blog Entries
    Piracy doesn't discriminate that's for sure. One could argue that having it on PC would make it viable for people to create mods and alike that wouldn't work on Consoles.

But this is a good move forward for them, instead of narrowing the market for exclusive console games they would expand it to the colossal legion of PC gamers..

Final Fantasy VII & VIII have been made available on Steam in recent times so who knows maybe we'll see the rest of them? hm.
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Square-Enix interested in bringing future FF titles to PC Xanatos's Avatar
    Sadly, piracy will always be an issue. However, there is a way around it... sort of. They can always release Final Fantasy several months after it sells on consoles, that formula worked rather well for quite a few titles. In the end it will sell well regardless if it's a truly great game, unless you have Tim Schafer working on it that is.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Square-Enix interested in bringing future FF titles to PC LauriJ's Avatar
    Yes, that would be awesome. I would like to see titles such as FFX HD and FFXII on Steam someday.

I just purchased FFVII on Steam and would love for Square to release their new titles on Steam as well. I was holding out hope that FFX remake would find its way to Steam but to no avail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    Using Tapatalk