0 0%
  • FF-4 Years After

0 0%
  • other... in case I forgot any

4 14.81%

Thread: Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy

A Plain Old Derp Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Padraic's Avatar

Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy

I've been looking at the forums and realized everyone talks so much about the FFs I don't have and if I have to buy it I want to know an order to prioritize (new word) the order of which to buy.

These are the FFs I have + Consoles

FFs

FF-1
    FF-2
    FF-3
    FF-4
    FF-7
    FF-7CC
    FF-7DOC
    FF-XI (don't play it though... too expensive for me)
    FF-Tactics WL
    FF-Tactics A
    FF-Tactics A2
    FF-Dissidia
    FF-Chystal Chronicals
    Sword of Mana (Dunno if you count it... but its a remake of FFA...)

Consoles

SNES
    GBA-SP
    DS/DS Lite
    PSP
    PS1
    PS2
    XBOX (which currently has the red ring of death )

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy
    Since I was only allowed to pick one Final Fantasy out of the list, I picked FFVI. I hear great things about the game, and it's the one that I am also missing out of my collection. So, I really can't give you any specific reasons about why you should get it, and my apologies for that. However, it is often hailed as one of the best in the series by the more avid fans of FF. If you can find the original SNES version, grab it.

If you want a suggestion of one that I have actually sat down and played, I would go with FFXII. Yes, there are a lot of gamers who think this is not very good entry into the series, but I really enjoyed it.

I'm sorry to hear about your Xbox....
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Yesha's Avatar
    FFX and FFX-2 (PS2) are great! For me.. the story of FFX is very interesting and pLaying FFX-2 makes it more interesting and enjoyabLe.. among aLL the FFs that you stiLL don't have or not yet pLayed.. :-) the battLe-system and Aeons are very impressive.. though, I had a hard time deaLing with (cLearing out) the Sphere Grid..

Characters: I Like most of them.. but, of course.. you'LL encounter annoying peopLe too and even join your team/party..
    Story: Interesting.. for me it's the best!
    Cutscenes/animations/Opening/Ending: Very appeaLing, and many are very touchy!
    BattLe system/Aeons/Sphere Grid: though, it isn't the best.. it's stiLL have the touch of the previous FFs.. aLso.. onLy one character can do the summoning.. mostLy aLL characters have the different abiLities!

I won't say anything more.. you just have to see it for yourseLf! :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

レイール★レイヴン Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy SacredAngel13's Avatar
    i really recommend you to play FFXII. it's really a great FF game i think..because it's battle system is totally different from the previous Final Fantasy series.
    then the portrait of FFXII world is really colorful..lol~
    i really enjoy this game so much since first time i played this Final Fantasy series.
    so it'll be good if you play FFXII too..^^
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Xanatos's Avatar
    I would recommend you FF IX and if you liked the old FF games you'll surely love this one. The story is amazing, interesting till the very end and even at the end there are still few surprises left. Characters are greatly done and almost every one of them has interesting background story. FF IX like every FF game has an outstanding music and it's maybe the best part of the game. Battle system is different and much simpler than in FF VII and FF VIII so it takes less time to handle it. The game is harder than FF VII and FF VIII but nothing extreme so you won't have any problems finishing it.

Except FF IX I would also recommend FF VI and if you have chance to buy this game just do it you won't regret. The game is amazing with excellent story and it has most characters in FF franchise. And great thing about it every one of them is superb even those who don't have much impact on the story are simply great. This game has one of the best villains in FF series and like the others FF VI also has great music. The gamplay is great and the game isn't hard so I really thing that you'll enjoy playing FF VI.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-29-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy smithhanson's Avatar
    I have X-2 and it is overall a great game to play. It has beautiful graphics and is good for hours of fun.

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    I thing the ffix,is one good,its really fun to play!The ffx is good to,but his sisten of status change isn't good,and it dont have a good word map to.Thank's if i help you in your decision.
    Final fantasy fan.

Angelicos Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance
    The 3 FF's you hear about more about than FFVI Are FFVII. FFVIII, and FFX.
    I would say VII or X because they are both fantastic! I've never really played any others.
    (I played XII but hated it, it ruined the name of FF!)

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

Death Before Dishonor Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    honestly if you are able buy them all and play and beat them...but if you can only get one FF game buy VII it is in my opinion the best...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Rnin's Avatar
    Final Fantasy X, Or Final Fantasy VII

Certified tech, come at me! Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would go with Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. Both of them are awesome and FFV has a job/ability system where you learn different abilities that come from the job class you're working on and alot of them get transferred to the freelancer/any job class and it has a great unfolding story to go along with it. Final Fantasy VI is phenomenal in alot of ways. Each character has their own personal storyline and they all relate with each other and the battle system contains espers which you can equip and learn magic from the equipped esper. You also get a stat bonus from certain espers you equip if you level up each time with them. The music in both games really are fun to listen to and you'll definitely find replayability in both titles.
    Currently Playing:

Death Before Dishonor Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just got dissidia and I would say go buy it...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

i would have to agree with hellsing i dont think there should be anybody on this site who weouldnt like dessidia, i mean its entire purpose is to give the fans what they want no matter which game of the main series they liked.

SO GO GET IT!!! lol

Currently Playing
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Fallout 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    I Recommend you play FFVIII, If you have played FFVII then you'll be able to see how technology increased for the next FF game aswell play the awesome storyline to FFVIII

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Ether's Avatar
    Final Fantasy VII. It is a legend lol after all
    I havent been able to play most of the rest yet (no time) But that one made me addicted...mabey it was VIII...it was the first game I ever played out of them all.....hmmmm just buy them all if you can! Its what I do...even if I dont get to play them....

What is wrong with you people? How can you group X and X-2 together?
    X was amazing, X-2 was utter crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    What is wrong with you people? How can you group X and X-2 together?
    X was amazing, X-2 was utter crap.
    Nothing but truth.

If I were to recommend any FF, I would choose my favorites of course, which are FFVII ( you have it), X, and IX. I also started playing FFV recently and I'm almost done. I really liked the job system. It was great, and even though it seems like you gain very little AP throughout the game, you manage well. I liked assigning each of my characters with jobs I felt suited them. I gave Lenna all of the mage jobs except for Blue mage, and things like chemist. I gave all of the ninja and thief skills like throw and skills to help find traps,as well as geomancer to Fairs. I gave Bartz all the knight skills and I think samurai as well. And Galuf, before I lost him had all of the beast skills, which is why I gave Blue mage to him and not Lenna, and things like Ranger.

FFX was amazing all around, I had very little to complain about, besides the fact that I wish there was a tad bit more freedom when it came to traveling Spira.

I had the most fun playing IX more that any other FF. Seriously recommend it. ATE was great and I was entertained throughout the whole game. There was not one time I was ever bored. I have re played it many times, and I'm still not tired of it.

FFVII is just classic, there really isn't much I can say about it that has not already been said. Not many complaints about this game either. Besides, I liked all the little, funny looking block characters they're trademark.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-02-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Lord Deity of Harmony Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Ya wanna know which FF game i should recommend... I recommend FFIX, It's an awesome game with suprisely good grafics for being an Playstation I game, I recommend it because it has good gameplay and good story... and if you wanna have a challenge, i defiently recommend that game!
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

Bringer Of Light! Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Messiah's Avatar
    Personally I'd say go with FFVI, the storyline is gripping, the characters are distinctive and each have an individual personality, the gameplay isn't bad, its rather a big game.

So yeah! Have fun.
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Lion12Heart's Avatar
    I think it is complicated which ff serie is the best ... when I play ff8 and finish it I go to play ff7 then ff8 and ffx ... am so addicted ... like heroin but every serie has its own specialities

Registered User Recomend Me A Good Final Fantasy Gilgamesh2000's Avatar
    I would have to agree with Sabin, FFV grants you the ability of changing jobs and learning different abilities for that job. When you switch from a master black mage to a knight, you can add the black magic ability to your knight.

As for FFVI that is also a great choice. There is sufficient meaning to the characters to fight, I am not saying that all FF game characters do not have motive to fight, and that there is a huge roster of characters which in turn leads to many possible strategies to help you. So either of the mentioned above would be an excellent choice.