Thread: New Dissidia Universal Tuning News....

Master of the Shadow Key New Dissidia Universal Tuning News.... KeybladerXIII's Avatar

New Dissidia Universal Tuning News....

Well, if you haven't heard before, Japan is set to release an updated version of Dissidia: Final Fantasy called "Universal Tuning". It will have all the improvements the English version had and it will have english voiceovers as an option.

While that doesn't seem like much, I discovered some interesting pics that shoocked me for a few seconds, although now it just makes me mad that Japan always releases a better version then ours.....*sigh* oh well, see for yourself:

SPOILER - New Universal Tuning scans - Dissidia: Final Fantasy Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

So.....any thoughts on this "new and improved" Dissidia???

EDIT: It turns out some idiot made the models of Lightning and put her in screens of Dissidia. Ugh....
    Last edited by KeybladerXIII; 10-31-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

I feel epic... New Dissidia Universal Tuning News.... Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    After tragedies like Final Mix, I've come to expect Japan to be selfish like this. Nomura mentioned Lightning, but I didn't think he'd be so bold as to keep the Americans in the dark... AGAIN... But, really, what's gonna change? One or two new characters? It's the same game... And this only proves my theory that they have a sequel in the midst. Save Lightning for that, you Squeenix goobs... -_-

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Master of the Shadow Key New Dissidia Universal Tuning News.... KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Uh.......wow, this is awkward but uhh......yeah this was all some cheap farce. It appears Lightning will not appear in Universal Tuning, the whole thing was made by some French idiot.....I've just been had, along with most of population...*facepalm*

Here's the stupid proof: Trick Or Treat - Dissidia France Forums

So....I guess Japan doesn't ALWAYS get the best stuff....sometimes....
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Well I have to admit, they DID put some effort into it. Gotta hand it to them for that.

I like how he even made a little Lightning Dance animation to rub it in ^.^

I would've hated if they did something as lame as a Japan-exclusive character.

Lady Succubus New Dissidia Universal Tuning News.... Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well... think of it this way. English voice overs as an option..

...Import it? >_>;
    I mean, you acted like you can't import it, lol. But then again, I guess the text would still be in Japanese, so meh, whatever. XD

But yeah, if you think you feel bad Keyblader, check out that thread you linked on gamefaqs. Pages of people arguing and trolling and bickering and yelling at SE thinking it's real. >_>;

Registered User New Dissidia Universal Tuning News....
    I read somewhere that Nomura really wanted to put Lightning in Dissidia, but he then decided not to. I don't really remember why he changed his mind, but I guess it doesn't really matter now.

It's a pretty damn good model. I did see some issues with the hair in one of the pics, but it's still really good. I can see why so many people fell for it.

I think it's pretty funny myself, after finding out it's just an elaborate prank!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. New Dissidia Universal Tuning News.... Zargabaath's Avatar
    That was a pretty good prank, the screens did look good but not of the usual quality. My line of thought was that Square decided to put her as some sort of special with FF XIII being released in a little over a month in Japan - a preview of Lightning; now that I think about it, if they did include her that may have revealed some of the character/story of Lightning before the game was released.

[QUOTE=Dodie16;1233512]I read somewhere that Nomura really wanted to put Lightning in Dissidia, but he then decided not to. I don't really remember why he changed his mind, but I guess it doesn't really matter now.
    QUOTE]

To answer why Nomura decided not to put Lightning in Dissidia was he did not want to create a fighting style for her in the game which he saw would limit what she would actually be in Final Fantasy XIII; especially if fans were stupid about it (which would not be far-fetched) and complain that she wasn't like her "Dissidia" self. They would end up hating on the game because of stupidity and Nomura chose to smartly bypass the idea.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x