View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy Innovation was the Best?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • FFI - Introduced the concept of a multi-character party to travel the world & do battle

0 0%
  • FFIII - Introduction of Summon Monsters

1 5.88%
  • FFIV - Began to focus on expanding the stories of individual characters

1 5.88%
  • FFVII - Moved to 3d, Introduced Full Motion Video

5 29.41%
  • FFX - Introduction of Voice Acting, Utilized scaled backgrounds instead of a miniture overworld

4 23.53%
  • FFXI - Final Fantasy delved into online gaming

1 5.88%
  • FFXII - Eliminated random battles

5 29.41%

Thread: Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation?

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Locke4God's Avatar

Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation?

Which of the following innovations that moved the series forward was the best?

It's really tough to say. FMV's are great, but necessary? The whole idea of a multi-character party more or less is what the series is about, but it was a long standing desire of many to find an appropriate way to get rid of random battles. Summoned monsters are big, the move to 3d was big but destined, and online FF seems to be something that will pop up at least once in awhile.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Locke4God; 09-16-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Lt_Basch
    Truly i think the move to 3D speaks for itself.

Well not only the fact it moved to 3D, but because the playstation was better enabled to support the criteria of FF7 (This at the time being the next gen console that was fast becoming a household item all over the world ) reached out to more gamers across the globe, it enabled the new generation of gamers to delve into the world of RPG's, and on top of that the reputation the FF series had built for itself already went down a storm.

Now i know in sense that this does'nt really answer your question but i still stand by my choice. If on the case of a line of games i saw, * Brand new summoning Abilities *, * Multi character parties * or * Amazing CGI with next generation 3D graphics * I know what id pick ( Im discounting the loss of random battles and online mode because the series had done so well before they were even introduced ). It'd have to be 3D for me, i believe this is why FF7 sold so many copies worldwide and introduced so many new fans to the series.

When answering this question, you have to really answer it from the view of a new time buyer i think.

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Yesha's Avatar
    For me.. eLiminating the random battLe that the FFXII introduce, is a good thing.. somehow I've been aLways tick off in FFVII and VIII for some annoying random battLes..

It's aLways good to pick your enemies, especiaLLy when LeveLing up.. :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Boredness rules us all Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i love playing games online with other people. i like random battles cause they get u stronger... so ffxi is my favourite
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Locke4God's Avatar
    I'll have to say for myself, I loved XII's elimination of random battles. It was so freeing to be able to fight at your leisure, and chaining enemies together along with collecting loot made it genuinely fun to fight as opposed to a laborious necessity.

I really think that Final Fantasy as a series had been looking to eliminate the random battle aspect for a really really long time, but had never really settled on how to do it right. I remember people discussing the idea as far back as 8. It just always felt like the one issue they really needed to solve with the series. XII nailed it.

FFI did not introduce anything at all. Dragon Warrior/Quest had the same concept and came before.

.............. Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? smurphy's Avatar
    FFVII was innovative not only because of 3D but it must be remembered that it introduced j-rpgs to the mainstream. But i would personally pick VI. It was the first with a dynamic and truly atmospheric game world

Registered User Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Gilgamesh2000's Avatar
    I would have to say that FFX introducing voice acting gave a deeper meaning to the story. You could always hear how some people reacted to certain events like Wakka hating the Albhed and he always voiced his opinion. If you just read something you can misinterpret that into something else like when there is something in all caps you could think that someone is yelling when they are not. That's just my opinion though.

Che
    I think you're missing a lot of the things that made these games innovative. You can't simply pin one thing onto them. Gonna have to go with FFVII for now, but I think in a few months I'll be changing this to FFXIII. That game is gonna be the FFVII killer.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Xanatos's Avatar
    WTF, ATB system isn't included in this poll. If anything was innovative than ATB was for sure, it was presented in FF IV and trust me it was more innovative than expanding the story for some characters. The system that was popular in so many RPG games even 10 years after it's release, frankly I'm surprised that you forgot that. I'll go with VII this time.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 10-05-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    VII definately had the greatest innovation out of all of the series due mainly to 3d it pwns all...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

When Your Love Is Lost Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? cbchick's Avatar
    im gonna have to say FFX because it did indeed introduce us to the voice acting and such, but the storyline is amazing and the whole romance between tidus and yuna was so emotional. i loved the music throughout the game and its really a challenge to actually complete it.

Morbid Angel Which Final Fantasy had the best Innovation? Ulteka Mako's Avatar
    Living in St. Augustine Florida/From Jacksonville Florida.
    I am going to go with FFVII. FFVII brought 3D motion videos along with a better battle system then the older ones and more summons along with a longer storyline then the older ones. But FFX brought in the voices for charecters and instead of waiting for another scene to show up after you get into a battle, you just go right into the battle with the background of were you were at in the game as the battle background. So that was pretty cool. But you forgot about FFIX bringing in two player when ever you get into a batt;e. You could have a friend play as one of the charecters in a battle along with you. And didn't FFIX bring in when you could have four party members. That might not mean anything to most people, but that was pretty cool. So since FFIX isn't up there, I am going with FFVII.
    Life or death. Nethire are consider to someone like me. For I am both. Nor death can happen to me, or can life. There is no other like me. For I am one with myself. Nobody else is. That is the way of the immortal. That is the way of Ulteka Mako.