Thread: FF VI modern Remake Vs FF VII modern Remake.

Registered User FF VI modern Remake Vs FF VII modern Remake.

FF VI modern Remake Vs FF VII modern Remake.

Graphics update might be more accurate then Remake.

Their arguably the 2 most Popular installments of the FF franchise. Certainly by far the 2 most Popular villains (Not once in all Kefka Vs Sephiroth stuff I've seen has someone attempted to add a 3rd contender).

But both are also the oldest FF games to not get any kind of Graphical updated remake yet, VII has been milked to death in every other possible way, but no remake with Updated Graphics.

For me, the 2D 8 Bit and 16 Bit Games Graphical limitations is part of their Charm, how hey get around, especially with FF the Brilliant things the Composer musically. So even though I'm a fan VI and characters far more, I have no desrie to see an updated remake, likewise I have no interest in the DS FFIV, if I buy a IV re-release it'll be the Advance version.

But once you start get into the 3D area, for me at least the limitations aren't part of the Charm anymore. When I see brief images of what FFVII looked like, I honestly don't feel like it's playing that, I could see that being innovative at the time but..... Today I can't appreciate the N64's graphics that much, the blocky look of characters in OoT just takes me out of it. And the PS1 is still a step below the N64.

I love 2D games in all forms, but once you start getting into 3D I feel like either do it right or not at all. With FFVII even the cut scenes look awkward now, and those are 10 times better then the actual game play.

I think it's be cool to Update Final Fantasy VII now, and with the Voice Actors form Advent Children and everything. Only this time Square stop screwing Nintendo fans over and let it be on the Wii-U.

With VI I fear they'd screw up in the Voice Acting immensely, at least for us English speaking fans. In Dissida I liked Kefka's voice, but Terra sounded way to childish. I picture Terra's voice sounding sorta like Michelle Trachtenberg.

The White Wizard of Fynn FF VI modern Remake Vs FF VII modern Remake. Mindu's Avatar

Re: FF VI modern Remake Vs FF VII modern Remake.

Despite loving the remake of the original Resident Evil, I'm critical of enhanced remakes in general because the resources spent on them could be going on new installments in the series. If I had to pick one, I'd go with VI. Fanboys have often maintained that they wouldn't want any big changes in regards to a remake of VII, just HD graphics, so in my opinion it wouldn't be worth the effort.

I'd like a FFVI remake on 3DS. That'd be awesome.

I'd like VI on PSP, but alot more challenging and with new areas.

I dont want any, just a new final fantasy as good or almost as good as VI, basically an old school style one and none of this control 1 character in battle rubbish