View Poll Results: Is Dissidia such a great idea?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

37 88.10%
  • NO

5 11.90%

Thread: Is Dissidia a good idea?

O Rly? Is Dissidia a good idea? Arch's Avatar

Is Dissidia a good idea?

Do you guys think Dissidia is a good idea?

What do you think about the Vs. Combat that this game is revolving around.

I know alot of people that do not like it

One person even said" There trying to make the FF series into Kh!"

This comment annoyed me because this guy had no idea what he was talking about hes only played 10 and 12 0.0

I find the Versus combat new and different and thats why Square made it like this to add something new to the FF series

I myself like how there incoporating all the Classic main characters and villains in this game
    Some people dont and want the FF world to stay separate not to collide

Comments, View??

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Registered User Is Dissidia a good idea?
    I really want this game, and August 25th can't get here fast enough!

I don't know anyone who has a bad opinion of this game, but maybe I just don't listen very well.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Is Dissidia a good idea? Zargabaath's Avatar
    A friend likes to "generalize" Dissidia calling it like Kingdom Hearts; I don't agree with that. Dissidia has its own style which I find better and more in-depth than Kingdom Hearts.

I have not heard that Dissidia is using something based off the FF Versus XIII combat, if it is true than I then like where they are going for Versus XIII. Of course, we still have to wait to see how Square Enix will implement the six-axis motion controller in the game.

This game I don't mind the FF worlds colliding for it is like a dream match, similiar to the bases of King of Fighters 2002, where all the characters from previous games are present. Now, I am someone who did not like how Kazushige Nojima, a scenario writer, has tied in the FFX and FFVII worlds with an Ultimania guide; that is something that really goes against the essence of Final Fantasy.

This one person does not like the Versus combat, correct? I find it hard to know how he/she does not like it since there is very little information out and there has been no gameplay footage shown. The Final Fantasy series always changes from each installment; first it was turn-based then went to ATB, and now the series is becoming more realistic styles. The first 4 out 5 Final Fantasies dealt with at least 4 elemental crystals, how many have dealt with them afterwards? Only one. Now there has been some form of "crystal" after FF V, except FF VIII (correct me if I am wrong, I can not recall).

The series changes as new people come in and take over; right now it's mainly Nomura's time; the next person may be Motomu Toriyama (FF X event director, FF X-2 director, FF XII: RW director and scenario writer, and FF XIII director) and maybe Akihiko Yoshida will become the next main artist once Nomura steps more into a producing role. The series evolves over time allowing it to stay strong with fresh ideas from new minds.

The only thing I mainly hear from other people from my friend, who goes to Old Dominion University, are those who have the Japanese game (imported),who also attend Old Dominion University, blabbering about the tiers. Ranking the characters in tiers has a negative affect cause it may cause some of the characters not being played, especially if they are not easy to use. I take the philosophy of play who want to play as and enjoy playing as. Have fun with the game, there is no league or fantasy league for fighting games so people shouldn' try to make it a "sport".

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Selkie in training Is Dissidia a good idea? Silver Spyro's Avatar
    No. In my opinion, that is. I don't like the Game-play style of it. Reminds me of Castlevania Judgement, completley different game-play style than the other games in the series.

Unless i'm thinking of the wrong game. O-o;
    Call me Silver.

O Rly? Is Dissidia a good idea? Arch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    A friend likes to "generalize" Dissidia calling it like Kingdom Hearts; I don't agree with that. Dissidia has its own style which I find better and more in-depth than Kingdom Hearts.

I have not heard that Dissidia is using something based off the FF Versus XIII combat, if it is true than I then like where they are going for Versus XIII. Of course, we still have to wait to see how Square Enix will implement the six-axis motion controller in the game.

This game I don't mind the FF worlds colliding for it is like a dream match, similiar to the bases of King of Fighters 2002, where all the characters from previous games are present. Now, I am someone who did not like how Kazushige Nojima, a scenario writer, has tied in the FFX and FFVII worlds with an Ultimania guide; that is something that really goes against the essence of Final Fantasy.

This one person does not like the Versus combat, correct? I find it hard to know how he/she does not like it since there is very little information out and there has been no gameplay footage shown. The Final Fantasy series always changes from each installment; first it was turn-based then went to ATB, and now the series is becoming more realistic styles. The first 4 out 5 Final Fantasies dealt with at least 4 elemental crystals, how many have dealt with them afterwards? Only one. Now there has been some form of "crystal" after FF V, except FF VIII (correct me if I am wrong, I can not recall).

Zarga the person that said he didnt like the batle system in Dissidia is because he has played the demo. The demo was released at the play station store a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded it on my ps3 and transffered it to my psp,and i think this is amazing but i only heard that one dude complaining about the battle system and how it is not " Final Fantasy Like" which is why i believe Square created Dissidia, to throw a new spin on The Final Fantasy Series.I think the game was a great idea and it WILL bring in alot of money

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Is Dissidia a good idea? T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    The only thing I mainly hear from other people from my friend, who goes to Old Dominion University, are those who have the Japanese game (imported),who also attend Old Dominion University, blabbering about the tiers. Ranking the characters in tiers has a negative affect cause it may cause some of the characters not being played, especially if they are not easy to use. I take the philosophy of play who want to play as and enjoy playing as. Have fun with the game, there is no league or fantasy league for fighting games so people shouldn' try to make it a "sport".
    Well, it's a fighting game in virtually all aspects, so it's natural that people place it in tiers.

Also, recall that competitions such as EVO2K exist, and are pretty much the big leagues of the fighting game community. Consider that competitive gaming is growing at a quite accelerated rate, and that some people are getting famous (within the community, at least) because of it. The only thing it would truly need is either a dedicated channel for the games (which pretty much G4 should deal with) garnering their support for future years. There is little support for it, but there is support for competitive gaming (as silly as it may sound)

The tier system isn't meant to deal with relegating people into silly places and then demonizing bad choices. It measures how easy it is to win a game or a competition with X or Y character; it also means how cheesy the character IS. It also mostly depends on how the tier system is defined, as not all tier systems work in the same way. It gives a general view of how much skill and training you'd need to beat someone of a specific tier. If you don't want to play by tiers, then you don't need to: if you can find a way to work a character of a lower tier and still win, that doesn't mean a lucky shot victory or that the other guy was granting you the win. It means just how skilled you are against the other.

I agree with you that, if you want to play the game for fun, then it's pretty pointless to argue about a tier system: just choose the individual you like and then use it. That only applies to competitive play anyways, or people that take gaming way too seriously. Can't think of that when you're a passive gamer, aren't you?
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Registered User Is Dissidia a good idea? TobiasRainey's Avatar
    One person even said" There trying to make the FF series into Kh!"
    Maybe its "like Kingdom Hearts" because the KH team developed the combat system...of course that's just what the back of the case says...
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Registered User Is Dissidia a good idea? Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    I dont think Dissidia will be a good ffgame,because this isnt have the same style of the others ff,i think the others is better.
    Final fantasy fan.

Fading into a dream Is Dissidia a good idea? Dean Winchester's Avatar
    If you want a game with lots of content, then get it. I'm having a blast with it. I got it tuesday, I'm in inward chaos at the moment. It's hard, the enemies are past the 100 lvl mark and are really aggressive.

Sig and ave made by Violet, thanks again Violet!

SouL[of]SiN
    Square-Enix has created a beautiful game on PSP.A great combination of the FF-series,great graphics,great gameplay.I have both Japanese and U.S. version !!!
    MY only small problem is that I would love if it had more characters.22 are not enough

i have ears :) Is Dissidia a good idea? Full Life's Avatar
    dissidia is one of the best ffs i have its worth getting its story takes around 3 days but you can lvl up each charector its worth getting

Tsuna Feesh Is Dissidia a good idea? Fate's Avatar
    God, the game is too addictive. I usually hate fighting games so much, because they get boring after half an hour, but not Dissidia. It has levels, stories, hidden secrets, abilities, and enough to keep out at it for a long time. This game is moving up the ranks of my favorite Final Fantasy really fast.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Morbid Angel Is Dissidia a good idea? Ulteka Mako's Avatar
    Living in St. Augustine Florida/From Jacksonville Florida.
    I think this game is a very great idea. I mean all the badass villians and heroes going against eachother. I mean finally we can see who is the badest of them all this way. All the polls on this forum on who can beat who if they fought. Well now this game can show you. I still have yet to play this game. But I am getting a playstation 3 ethire this week are the next. But when I do, the first game that I am getting is Dissida. Its can't not wait to play the game. I most definetly not a bad idea for this game to be made.
    Life or death. Nethire are consider to someone like me. For I am both. Nor death can happen to me, or can life. There is no other like me. For I am one with myself. Nobody else is. That is the way of the immortal. That is the way of Ulteka Mako.

I feel epic... Is Dissidia a good idea? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Well, this game is definately worth anyone's time, as long as you don't mind losing your sleep. Seriously, it's like the best thing since Kingdom Hearts, and that's something that's hard for me to say, being a KH fan and all. Having 22 awesome characters is merely the frosting on this delicious cake of a game. This has to be the most content-heavy game I've seen in a long time. There's always something to do, when you're not fighting till you drop, you're getting letters via Mognet, or finding new things in the shop, or even finishing Accomplishments at complete random. This game is amazing in its own right, and it would definitely stand even as its own title.

However, it seems the magic came and went, Tetsuya doesn't have it in him to make a sequel, unless the fans demand it...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Registered User Is Dissidia a good idea? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is somthing very important in what you just said.

"If the fans demand it..."
    I think that once more people get it, more people will be hooked and Dissidia will really take off mabey a month after realease.

I have only played the demo but just with that I could not stop! It's a very addictive game in just gameplay alone but toss a story in that! I keep hearing about how great the story is and it only makes me want to play it more. I still can't seem to understand how a fighting game can have so much more than just fighting. Some one explain this to me?

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Is Dissidia a good idea? TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    I can speak for myself and for a friend who doesn't even play the Final Fantasy series at all.

Final Fantasy Dissidia is indeed an excellent game within the time it came out and was able to play it till yesterday (when my friend finally stole the PSP I stole from him back) I played almost non-stop on spare time.

The Graphics are amazing and nothing less than I would expect from a FF game at this point in System limitations and the Cinema's don't disappoint, although I will say the intro was beyond the best of them all.

The Music in fights and being able to choose the music every fight is nice incase you hate a song like maybe: Battle of the Four Friends, you can choose to skip that and have a different song like One Winged Angel. The Menu music and choice selection music can be a bit irrating since its on repeat so much that it makes my head somewhat spin. Keep in mind I would put down my PSP a lot and do something else and hear the sounds going on constantly since it was hooked to a charger I saw no point in turning it off.

Gameplay is a huge aspect cause its definately not like any other Final Fantasy at the current moment. The fighting system is well balanced I say, though it does seem unfair at times when your a lower level fighting someone with a higher level. The storymode gameplay is what bothered me the most about this game. There is points you get when you move around the board and depending on how you move and fight the objects on the board you can either lose 'Destiny Points' or you can gain them by completing certain objectives when fighting someone. It got easier as I leveled and had an advantage over them but not being able to move constantly over to a potion I want, than the 2 treasure boxes and than the final fight. I would lose all my Destiny Points (DP) by that time, so I had to jump straight to the final fight cause my DP didn't allow it. Now theres no real negative to losing DP besides the fact you don't get the reward at the top. The rewards are better than the treasure most of the time I figured out.

Fighting aspect of the gameplay is a fun experience I've had matches where they would earn up Bravery points and than do a HP hit on me and totally destroy my health down to a few hundred, than turning it around getting 9,999 brave and hitting them once and instantly killing them. The number above your health bar is your "Bravery" and tells you how much damage your going to do on your HP attack. Theres 2 types of attacks in the game (NOTE YOU CAN EARN DIFFERENT MOVES SUCH AS CLOUD: Omni Slash V5, Braver, Meteor, Cliffhanger for example), HP attacks and Brave attacks. Obviously HP = Kill Health, and Bravery = Earning points that represent your damage you will do with an HP attack. The dodging is pretty fine and no real complaints on it unless your small you don't jump as far back as the taller people do, for instance Squall jumps back pretty far while Onion Knight (because he is so small) will only jump about half Squall would. Annoying at times but you tend to adjust.

Overall the game was remarkable and I told my friend to buy it and he hated Final Fantasy but LOVES this fighting game and refuses to put it down. Buy it if you have the money or a PSP otherwise I wouldn't go buying a PSP just for this game, make sure you have other games you want so its not a total waste Or if you have the spare cash go for it! Great Game. 8/10 IMO.
    Last edited by TehRealDinnin; 09-08-2009 at 11:46 AM.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Is Dissidia a good idea? ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I bought Dissidia the other day, and it truly is epic. I love the battle system, and the mixture of characters. The fact that you can have Squall v Sephiroth, or Cecil v Kuja, or (and this has been my best fight thus far) Tidus v Garland is an awesome concept. So yeah, it is a really good idea.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Is Dissidia a good idea? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Dissidia looks awesome, and sounds awesome to me. I saw the Commercial, and it looks pretty good. I don't have a PSP, but my Cousin does, so he might like this new Addition to the Final Fantasy Gaming Series. If I had a PSP, I would so Buy it as soon as possible. I am Really into Final Fantasy, so yeah. Thats just my Opinion. Anyway, Happy Posting

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    Holy carp, some people write a lot (So do I. But I'm lazy right now, and pressed on time...)

Dissidia is a very fun game. I think it was a good idea, when executed well, and the game indeed was executed well. I wanted a game for home console system, but as it is on the psp, it's still pretty fun. I haven't found a lot of time to play it yet, but when I do, I frequently lose track of the time. The only complaint I really have is the writing and the story... It's kinda bare minimum, in some aspects. "Oh noes, Cosmos! We all have this unexplained connection to you, and we all know each other, some how! It's not really explained..." Although I haven't finished the game yet, clearly. It could get better.

Speaking of tears, I've heard that Exdeath is considered God tier... really? He's so slow! But yeah; those tiers don't really apply to me; I'm a casual gamer. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I'm probably going to get flammed for this, but I found Dissidia to be a VERY bad game. It's almost as overhyped as FFVII was a few years ago. The story is pretty good, I'll give you that, but I've never seen a game as repetitive as that. Seriously, every single battle I fought were like that '' Mash circle button then press square'' rince and repeat. Battles are THAT boring.

True Master of Darkness Is Dissidia a good idea? Noctis Lucis Caelum's Avatar
    i definitely think dissidia is a good idea it seems to me that it will be the best in the series to me.

I love Final Fantasy....i basically have (or have access to) every Final Fantasy game (except 11 but i did not have high speed at the time). I am like the traditional fanboy who needed new pants after I heard about Dissidia.

Let me tell u a quick story:
    I preordered Dissidia like mid-July from Amazon. It was for my birthday which was Sept 3. I got the message that it had shipped on the 26th (OMFG a day late!!! I kno...I guess its because i ordered 2...one for me and one for my gf.)...well i waited and waited.....my birthday came and past....Finally on Sept 7 I called home and it came in.... you see I am in college now and canto go home until the weekend so at the moment I do not have Dissidia.....oh poo....(btw i ordered it from Amazon to get the free CD.....and I chose the free shipping thinking it would be in with pleantly of time left for my birthday)

Well I have to say this: I love Dissidia and the idea of Dissidia. There MUST be another in the works already form all of the positive feedback (and if u didnt like it then lie so that it'll seem even more awesome and they'll make the next one even better) I will admit that all I have played is the demo (and yes after about 5 hrs straight it did seem kinda repetitive....but hey that was just the ity bity demo.)

Yes I want more characters. Yes I want more locations. Yes I want tunz of summons and items to use in-game. BUT all of that is not for complaining....it is for hoping that the next Dissidia game will be even awsomer that the first....wow....here I am waiting for the 2nd when I havent even gotten the first...hahaha...well...I can dream cant I?

I'm the one and only ace here! Is Dissidia a good idea? Tidus1872's Avatar
    I think Dissidia is a great game. A good part is that you can switch between classic mode where you input commands and then normal where you control freely. Honestly though, beating Chaos is way too easy. Inward Chaos is the only challenge on the game.

dawnmorning Is Dissidia a good idea? dawnmorning's Avatar
    These sort of games are made when a franchise or game series is popular enough to make cross - overs. And there's the fact that you can play using your favorite characters, which is a really cool feature. But Dissidia was made nice enough by Square Enix so that it was equal to playing and enjoying a nice final fantasy game.
    Last edited by dawnmorning; 09-10-2009 at 11:48 PM.

the mysterious Is Dissidia a good idea? gothdra's Avatar
    yeah, I think dissidia is a good game and a good idea. I like the VS mode of it and that you are free to choose the individual you will play with. if you have local friends you can even fight with them( if they have a PSP and the game offcourse)

The story was ok, but not the best. I prefer the original stories much much more
    the battle system was great, challenging and fun.
    overall, a good game to spend your time with
    Nobody is perfect...That is of course until you fall in love with them...

who's been touching my materia? Is Dissidia a good idea? Fang's Avatar
    The gameplay is great. The fighting system is simple but deep. Dissidia really suprised me when I first started to play it, I was expecting it to be awckward to play especially with the psp's analogue stick but the fighting is so smooth. I never thought I would enjoy this game as much as I have.

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

Registered User Is Dissidia a good idea? Toxo's Avatar

Re: Is Dissidia a good idea?

The idea of all heroes and villains clashing swords is epic and a good IDEA, but in Dissidia I found the story and the interraction between characters absolutely horrid. The characters were pretty much raped and some were even acting out of character. I find it really sad, especially when some of the raped ones were my favourite characters.

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

Memento Rhapso Is Dissidia a good idea? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is one of my first FF Games, so ofcourse I'll defend it lol
    It's very amazing, and even managed to break the norm of fighting games like Smash Bros. or Soul Calibur by adding the 360 degree and level environments.
    Oh, and to the KH to FF quote, that's more appropriate to make at Crisis Core, and as we all know, it just barely resembles it by the control scheme.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ Is Dissidia a good idea? chaosweapon's Avatar

It's a good game, even though the Final Fantasy games are generally RPG. It might not be as popular as Tekken or Mortal Kombat but I really liked the system. To perform certain actions, rather than inputting a sequence of commands, you simply press the button to which the action has been assigned. Also, unlike other beat em up games, Dissidia is totally 3D and allows you to rotate the camera in any direction you want.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Is Dissidia a good idea? Xanatos's Avatar

From the moment I heard what kind of game Dissidia is going to be I started to doubt in SquareEnix, after all it was a fighting game an area where Square doesn't have much experience, to be more precise they didn't had any.

The game turned out pretty good, not really a masterpiece but fun and addictive game. When I look at it now I must say the idea was perfect, those who don't play RPG games by playing Dissidia got the chance to learn something about Final Fantasy universe.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity