Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

The Old Skool Warrior Dissidia Duodecim Announced LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    @Heartless- I've seen your stuff, and they've designed him to be almost impossible, but beatable for the creme de la creme. I think you may be able to do it lol
    If you beat him, screenshot that sh*t and post it here
    Better yet, use the game's replay data feature and upload video to the internets!
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ok newbish question but I've been trying to find people to play online but no such luck....am I looking in the wrong place, is it limited to psp's in the area or something?

I mean I'd assume there are a bunch of people playing but no such luck yet.
    EBG

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

I'd even upload a loss if I got close enough lol. Hoping they allow you to save replays of Chaos this time, you couldn't in D1, which sucks, I really wanted to make a "Chaos is a Joke" vid... Maybe I'll get my chance in D2 lol. It may take a few hundred attempts, but I'd like to think I'm up for the challenge lol. May not get it right away, but at some point and time, after I've gotten more used to D2, you'd better believe I'm gonna try it.

I"ll try it the first time too, if for nothing more than entertainment value, but I'll admit success is unlikely if I have to play an unfamiliar character with a small moveset and low stats. I'll at least hit him a few times before I go down =P
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I wanted an Omega weapon, but I am guessing this will do lol
    I hope he isn't a pushover though...

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Got it and made an attempt. He doesn't actually seem that difficult, but that's alot more health than I'm willigng to sit there and try to chip away at with a level 1 Lightning with such shitty moves. I'll call it possible, but not even remotely worth the effort. With the damage I'm dealing, I'd estimate a flawless victory in which he just stood there and took it like a bitch would still take over 2 hours just based on his defense reducing brv moves, and the level difference giving you an initial brv of like 20. If it were a lv 1 Seph with a decent moveset, I'd at least be willing to try, but as much as luck would play into this, and the sheer ammount of time I'd be wasting, I won't bother for now. I'll try it at a later date when I've gotten more used to the game maybe, but I really just don't have the patience for this. If he just had 9999 HP, I'd sit here and repeat it until I won, but for 120k, no thanks.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Dissidia 012 Gilgamesh Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rain McCloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Noah View Post
    Ok newbish question but I've been trying to find people to play online but no such luck....am I looking in the wrong place, is it limited to psp's in the area or something?

I mean I'd assume there are a bunch of people playing but no such luck yet.

Not a newbish question. But... Unless you are doing the Party thing using a PS3, the online is Ad-Hoc only... meaning another player with another copy has to be within your area and you both have to share your friend card first. It's a pain. That's why I wish they would release it on PS3. Be easier.

And its a "Feral Chaos" level 130 that you fight against as a level 1 Lightning. Pain in the arse. Didn't beat him either, but think its possible. Even without using Action Replay or any of that cheat crap.
    Dissidia 012 Duodecim ~ Gilgamesh SSS Vicious lvl. 100

___________ Dissidia Duodecim Announced Kyreaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rain McCloud View Post
    Not a newbish question. But... Unless you are doing the Party thing using a PS3, the online is Ad-Hoc only... meaning another player with another copy has to be within your area and you both have to share your friend card first. It's a pain. That's why I wish they would release it on PS3. Be easier.

And its a "Feral Chaos" level 130 that you fight against as a level 1 Lightning. Pain in the arse. Didn't beat him either, but think its possible. Even without using Action Replay or any of that cheat crap.
    Sharing it that way would be a pain. I wish there were main servers PSPers could hook up to via communication satelite and link into PSN easier. In the future I would love to see games like this just released and opted to be semi-online RPG via PSN.

Ps. Thanks to all here on this thread playing Duodecim. It's like a virtual bday party come early.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Ph I'd say it's definitely possible to beat him, he plays like shit. He ate like 20 razor gales in a row without even making an attempt at dodging or coutnering, his AI is garbage. Bu for the two hours or more you'd have to spend wailing on him to win, the odds of not taking a single hit are rather low, so a first attempt sucess is unlikely. And getting close multiple times would waste days of my life lol. Not really worth it IMO.

Also, not sure if I've found a new infinite, or if Chaos is just retarted, but I had him trapped in continuouly dced Godspeeds today. I'll laugh my ass off if Seph still has a functioning infinite in spite of Squares attempts to nerf any and all repeatable combos he had.

Sharing it that way would be a pain. I wish there were main servers PSPers could hook up to via communication satelite and link into PSN easier. In the future I would love to see games like this just released and opted to be semi-online RPG via PSN.

Ps. Thanks to all here on this thread playing Duodecim. It's like a virtual bday party come early.

That... is a much better Idea Kyreaan. How ya been?

Badass Military Agent Dissidia Duodecim Announced Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I have a question though, seeing as I've never played the First Dissidia game, is the beginning of the story mode to Duodecim right after the ending of the First game?

I just bought the 2nd one 2 days ago, and boy do I suck at it lol. It's gonna take awhile for me to get use to the controls, but man I just keep getting my ass kicked lol.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Actually it is just the opposite. It is the cycle before the first game.
    EBG

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Li Lelouch View Post
    I have a question though, seeing as I've never played the First Dissidia game, is the beginning of the story mode to Duodecim right after the ending of the First game?
    As Atma-Noah said, it's prequel to main events of original Dissidia.

I just bought the 2nd one 2 days ago, and boy do I suck at it lol. It's gonna take awhile for me to get use to the controls, but man I just keep getting my ass kicked lol.
    Duodecim is a massive game to begin with, it's tad complicated at first, but you should get used to it rather fast. the most important thing is to find yourself a character that suits you.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Anyone try playing the RPG mode? I tried it only once but could not even get close to winning, seems to add a whole different dimension to it but you must be lacking the maneuverability than the action mode.
    EBG

Badass Military Agent Dissidia Duodecim Announced Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Noah View Post
    Anyone try playing the RPG mode? I tried it only once but could not even get close to winning, seems to add a whole different dimension to it but you must be lacking the maneuverability than the action mode.
    I tried it at first, thinking it would be easier to start playing with, but man it just seems so much harder. I just switched to action-style, so I'm gonna go from there, I just wanna know what kind of RPG mode was they thinking about because that one is weird.

Also it is hard to even come close to winning with, I never won a fight playing with it.

Also for one, it made moving around a bit harder, whenever the EX core's would show up, I'd be like *Move over there dammit* and bam the CPU gets it and I'm done for...
    Last edited by Linus Li Lelouch; 03-31-2011 at 09:56 AM.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Li Lelouch View Post
    I tried it at first, thinking it would be easier to start playing with, but man it just seems so much harder. I just switched to action-style, so I'm gonna go from there, I just wanna know what kind of RPG mode was they thinking about because that one is weird.

Also it is hard to even come close to winning with, I never won a fight playing with it.

Also for one, it made moving around a bit harder, whenever the EX core's would show up, I'd be like *Move over there dammit* and bam the CPU gets it and I'm done for...
    Can't ypu target the ex cores like the first one?

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

I don't know if you can in RPG mode, but RPG mode is wierd anyways.

Also, Seph is still an anti chaos machine, and you STILL an't save replays of Chaos =(

Had a near perfect against a lv 100 Chaos (he did manage to clip me with the explosions on his fireball things, but that's the only hit he landed), when I only had lv 60 gear, woulda been nice to post on youtube. Hopefully I'll at least be able to save a Feral Chaos battle when I get around to doing it.

What are some of your set ups for extra and basic abilities for Seph? In fact for whoever you main...I haven't really got to the point yet where I have a specific main but am kinda curious.
    EBG

Free air dash and ground dash, air and ground block (honestly not sure why, I hardly ever block) and dodge, speed, jump, and jump times boost ++, rest of my spare CP is prety much invested in critical boosters. For Seph, counterattack is almost a nescessity, since he was pretty much made to interupt attacks. I use EX critical boost, first strike, and I think one other... none of the stuff that requires me to be in a bad position, since for the most part I avoid ever getting into them. Main thing you have to be good with to be an effective Seph user is timing. With bad timing, Seph plays just like anybody else with no brv-hp chains, putting him at a slight disadvantage. With GOOD timing, you can pretty much exploit anything that even resembles an opening and interupt alot of attacks that you really shouldn't be able to, and pretty much control any fight you get into. He's a bit lacking in the combo department in D12, which still really pisses me off, since he had such epic comboability in D13, but I'm adapting I guess. I'll probably start uploading crap to youtube once I get back to where I was in D13, which may take a while yet.

It may seem odd, but I've been maining Gilgamesh as of late. He's an interesting character. I'm happy that they finally got to put him in. Story for him kind of sucks. Wish they would have added a bit more to it. But it's fun playing as him. He's a bit crazy since he switches out weapons in each attack. You sometimes get the Excalipoor sword... doing 1 HP or 1 BRV damage. But he's fun. Worth a try. Have yet to try Prishe. Know she's a pain in the arse to do battle against. Hope they add characters soon. Also, in case no one has seen it; Warrior of Light has a new costume on PSN. Basically just without the helmet.

I'm curious if anyone has tried maining Quina. You know? Dashing around with a big fork-trident as your ultimate blue mage? Eating all the food in the palace...

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Cool Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Ha! if only Quina had been included. Hopefully, they will have some DLC characters and not just outfits soon. Could you imagine? Quina eating Feral Chaos? lmao. by the way... someone posted a video that seemed cool.

Feral Chaos vs Chaos YouTube - Dissidia 012: Duodecim - Feral Chaos Vs Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Rain McCloud View Post
    Ha! if only Quina had been included. Hopefully, they will have some DLC characters and not just outfits soon. Could you imagine? Quina eating Feral Chaos?
    That is what I had in mind, other than maybe eating ex cores. That would have been cool; going around and coping abilities. Someone online even tried starting a campaign wanting Quina included. Here's another cool vid on the game:

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

The British Guy. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone else really annoyed by the fact that even if you have completed the original Dissidia's campaigns you have to play them all again after the new characters stories?
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Anyone else really annoyed by the fact that even if you have completed the original Dissidia's campaigns you have to play them all again after the new characters stories?
    I think that's awesome, that means people can trade in their old copies of the games.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Dissidia Duodecim Announced Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I personally don't mind that the original story is included, because the story after that in Duodecim counts as a sequel as well. It doesn't really end with the 013 story, so I don't think it's a big deal. The series truly ends with
    SPOILER!!:
    Feral Chaos in the 20th cycle.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

FInally unlocked Gilgamesh and Prishe, Gilgamesh is a bit too random for my taste, not somebody I can se myself using outside of the occasional random fight for shits and giggles. Prishe however is ****in sweet. I love how fast her moves are. Soon as I got her, played one test round against Gilgamesh, loved what I saw, so I tried her out on Chaos. Seriously, the only times Chaos was even able to move was when he used an attack that starts by teleporting, outside of that, I was bouncing his face off of walls pretty much the entire time. I definitely think I can get to like Prishe.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    FInally unlocked Gilgamesh and Prishe, Gilgamesh is a bit too random for my taste, not somebody I can se myself using outside of the occasional random fight for shits and giggles. Prishe however is ****in sweet. I love how fast her moves are. Soon as I got her, played one test round against Gilgamesh, loved what I saw, so I tried her out on Chaos. Seriously, the only times Chaos was even able to move was when he used an attack that starts by teleporting, outside of that, I was bouncing his face off of walls pretty much the entire time. I definitely think I can get to like Prishe.
    If it were prishe instead of Lightning, do you think you would have a better chance at feral?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Duodecim Announced Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    It's certainly good for newcomers, but drag to us who already went through story of original Dissidia, which by the way isn't exactly crème de la crème.

Some of you guys are already miles ahead of me, I've just gone through Cloud's story, guess I'm taking my time with this one. I've bought every villain available by now, huge amount of icons, and Kefka's encounter voice which as in previous Dissidia is legen...wait for it...dary.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    If it were prishe instead of Lightning, do you think you would have a better chance at feral?

Maybe, maybe not, Feral is a whole different game, but as far as level 1 abilities go, Prishe is alot better than Lightning, I'd at least be winning to spend a day or two trying.

I'm kinda takin my time as well Xan. Actually I just got through Cloud's as well, kinda lamenting the thought of replaying all of D1's story again, but I'm assuming I need to to get the exclusive weapons.

On that note, I'm really not liking equipment in this one as much, everythings either lv 1, 30, 60, 90, or 100. And most besides one is overpriced or taking amterials I'm not finding. I've ended up just farming gear off lv 100s with Seph, since I can kill people with him even without level appropriate gear (as in I'm using level 1 shit to fight 100s set to high (equipment)). I was all excited and shit when I got Gae Bolg as a component drop for the Gungnir Gilgamesh was using, only to learn Seph can't use spears in this one. So I'm still killing 100s with an Uchigatana... slowly.

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Count me as another who's taking thier time with this one. I'm still playing Yuna's story, and I have a question concerning some of the audio. In the scene when Yuna is talking to
    SPOILER!!:
    the Emperor of Palamecia
    , some of the dialogue that he speaks, there is no voicework...and sometimes it's replaced with some other dialogue. Example: Yuna yelled out "TIDUS" when there were other words present. I just encountered this problem, and was wondering if anyone else has too? Maybe it's just my PSP or something... :/

Nothing else is affected, that I noticed anyway.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast