View Poll Results: Which one would you prefer?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buster sword

8 23.53%
  • Gun blade

26 76.47%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buster sword or Gun blade?

Registered User Buster sword or Gun blade? Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Buster sword or Gun blade?

Buster Sword is awesome but the gunblade is just way cooler

SOLDIER 3rd Class Buster sword or Gun blade? Copperfire's Avatar

I'd prefer the Buster Sword because I'm more of a traditionalist. But that's just me.

The Mad God Buster sword or Gun blade? Heartless Angel's Avatar

The gunblade could've been designed much better. Like, I dunno, having the barrel of a gun run along the back of the blade, so it could actually shoot... take a swing, pull the trigger, fun.

OH MY GOD YOU GOT A BULLET IN MY STAB WOUND!

When used properly, the Buster sword would be an effective weapon... as long as you don't miss. Between the two, the Gunblade would be more useful to me, though I'd probably take Seifer's version over Squall's.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Memento Rhapso Buster sword or Gun blade? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lol bullet in stab wound XD
    But I vote gunblade BECAUSE in Crisis Core a Genesis Copy wielded a Genesis Rapier/ Mortar Gunblade
    Coolest. Weapon. EVAR.
    Attached Images Attached Images Buster sword or Gun blade?-genesis-copy-gunblade-jpg 

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

i'll have to go with the gun. i dont think i'm qualified for the buster sword. apparently, you'll have to have big arm muscles.

Registered User Buster sword or Gun blade?

Cloud didn't have big arm muscles, and he swung it around just fine.

But irl, yeah, I'd have to agree. The Buster Sword would probably weigh a TON, and no average person could really wield it properly.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Seriously, you barely get that thing moving, momemntum does the rest lol.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Cloud didn't have big arm muscles, and he swung it around just fine.

But irl, yeah, I'd have to agree. The Buster Sword would probably weigh a TON, and no average person could really wield it properly.
    true. you cant very see cloud's muscle. i thought someone would point this out.lol. i'm not sure if weight has to do with it, but as you can see, cloud is very skinny, so maybe thats why his muscles doenst reveal as much. but yah, i'm not as strong as cloud.

it's probably not all that incredibly heavy. All you'd need to do is get it over your head and let gravity do the rest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    it's probably not all that incredibly heavy. All you'd need to do is get it over your head and let gravity do the rest lol.
    how much exactly does that thing weigh?

not sure really, it could be made with matieral that doesn't actually exist. But I can't imagine it topping 100 lbs, which isnt that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    not sure really, it could be made with matieral that doesn't actually exist. But I can't imagine it topping 100 lbs, which isnt that much.
    i guessed it was 100 lbs, and i wouldnt be surprised if it is.

And 100 really isn't that much, even for a wimp. You don't have to be able to run around jump like Cloud to make use of it, just be able to get it over your head and run lol.

i remembered when zack died, cloud had to drag it on the ground because he wasnt ready yet and now....hes techinically flying into the air with it. i wonder what cloud would be like if he has a gun instead...never mind i like him and his bustersword together.

Thats probably because Cloud could barely walk as is lol. PRetty much any SOLDIER should be able to use that.

oh yah he was injured earlier... but that thought never came to me because he looked perfectly fine...at first i thought he couldnt bring it up because he wasnt old enough and never used the sword before so require additional training. (more like 2 years) ok, that makes sense.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Buster sword or Gun blade? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Definitely the Gun blade!

Why? Because you can cut through someone then shoot the other Mofo behind him!
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Registered User Buster sword or Gun blade? Ashelia's Avatar

I vote for Gunblade. I'm not a big gun lover, but the Gunblade was a unique weapon and it looked great.
    I like the idea of the Buster a lot, but I've seen the idea in many more games. And imho, the Buster in FF was really oversized...

Blog Entries

Well, let's get technical
    In most handbooks, guides, easter eggs, and bios involving Cloud, they say he "Wields a sword as big as he is". Now, Cloud is a skinny bastard, so we're talking the 120-150 pound range.

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Size and weight aren't nescessarily the same thing lol. I'd like to think the density of a body is less than that of a large chunk of metal.

Blog Entries

Well Cloud has to use quite a bit of hairspray, I bet it accounts to 90% of his mass XD

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Good point... His hair is probably more dense than the weapon.

Blog Entries

Fact of the matter, the bloody thing is very very heavy. Gunblade ftw

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Registered User Buster sword or Gun blade? Ashelia's Avatar

Maybe it was an error in those guides... Maybe they meant the sword wielded Cloud instead

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Buster sword or Gun blade? KainsBro's Avatar

Gunblade! Looks cooler!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2