Thread: Best FF romance

Registered User Best FF romance Caladbolg's Avatar

Best FF romance

Hey guys long time since I used this. Which of the FF series had the best romance in your opinion?

I know FF VII had that love triangle of Cloud, Tifa & Aerith (tifa for the win!!) but I have to admit Tidus & Yuna was really special for me what did you like best and why - as usual any Tales gamers can throw in one of their thoughts! (Lloyd & Colette aww ♥)

I will save the world Best FF romance Hero without a Name's Avatar

Re: Best FF romance

I think it was the romance between Zidane and Garnet. He was a thief, she was a princess and time and time again Zidane saved her. It's not supposed to happen because princesses aren't supposed to associate with thugs but *spoiler alert* the ending of FF9 when he reappears on stage after being gone for a year is downright romantic, she was pretty angry at him but they were finally together again

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hero without a Name View Post
    I think it was the romance between Zidane and Garnet. He was a thief, she was a princess and time and time again Zidane saved her. It's not supposed to happen because princesses aren't supposed to associate with thugs but *spoiler alert* the ending of FF9 when he reappears on stage after being gone for a year is downright romantic, she was pretty angry at him but they were finally together again
    Thanks lol I read half of your post only cause I haven't *yet* played 8 or 9 ^^; I'm getting round to it though, I've played VI, VII, and X also some of XIII

I think it's easily Zidane and Garnet. A low peasant who had a simple crush on the queen of a kingdom who thought nothing of him to begin with...he kept at it and I like how Garnet gradually grew more affectionate towards him throughout the game. You really have to play the game to really feel the chemistry those two had together.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Everyone needs a savior Best FF romance the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

id have to say tidus and yuna 2 things taht make this for me above the rest

1. the scene at luca SPOILER ALERT!!! before yuna talks to everyone at the blitzball stadium after the game is over when she is whistleing for him out to the sea
    2. X-2 when she spends the whole game looking for him, among other things of coarse

nothing else like it i think the only one i can compare is Squall and Rinoa because of the ragnorok eyes on me scene and bustin her out of the sorceress memorial

BUT definatly tidus and yuna
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Quote Originally Posted by the_savior21 View Post
    id have to say tidus and yuna 2 things taht make this for me above the rest

1. the scene at luca SPOILER ALERT!!! before yuna talks to everyone at the blitzball stadium after the game is over when she is whistleing for him out to the sea
    2. X-2 when she spends the whole game looking for him, among other things of coarse

nothing else like it i think the only one i can compare is Squall and Rinoa because of the ragnorok eyes on me scene and bustin her out of the sorceress memorial

BUT definatly tidus and yuna
    Yeah it's funny how final fantasy (well... X anyway!) never use the word "love" but you can just feel it! I wasn't a fan of X-2 really but X was amazing the major part is at the start when wakka and the others think tidus is just a crazy guy yuna believes his past even though it's near impossible

I want to play a game. Best FF romance Zargabaath's Avatar

Wakka and Lulu.

They actually consummate their love by bringing in a child into Spira. Forget that Lulu screamed "Chappu" instead of "Wakka" when the latter was taking her from behind. Bwhahahahaha. Their romance shows how love can be so random at times and not pre-determined.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries

i dont think its really random you see it coming the whole game

and caladbolg
    they do use the word love one time but not till the very end but i agree you just know and the scene at macalania lake is just amazing and i dont think they really could have done it any better especially since it WAS at macalania lake

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

I want to play a game. Best FF romance Zargabaath's Avatar

Then you saw something a vast majority of people didn't because one of the biggest surprises in Final Fantasy X-2 is Wakka and Lulu are married and she is pregnant. Their "romance" isn't inferred in the game. It comes out of left-field. After beating the game people didn't think WakkaxLulu.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries

thats quite suprising because i pulled it because of so much tension between them throughout the game and the whole thing with chappu and a couple of converstions between them to and then with tidus and wakka and then tidus and lulu

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Registered User Best FF romance

I have to agree with Zargs. The whole Wakka/Lulu thing was quite a surprise when I played X-2. I thought that they were fairly friendly with each other (mostly for Yuna's sake and her pilgrimage, I guess), but never saw romantic chemistry.

I also really liked the whole Cecil/Rosa/Kain thing in FF IV. If it were me in Rosa's place, I'd go for Kain. Cecil is too much of a boy scout.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

All is One.One is All. Best FF romance Firefly's Avatar

Oh my goodness,this a toughie..I guess I have to go with Zidane and Garnet. The whole chemistry between them is..just cute and kinda surprising. As Cereal Killer posted,Zidane was just a lowly person who had a a crush on the Princess of Alexandria(that's the place right? I haven't played this game in forever.. ) And then it turned out for them to fall inlove with each other...I love their romance!

..Other favorites are the Kain/Cecil/and Rosa triangle,Edge and Rydia , Tidus and Yuna,Rinoa and Squall,etc
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Heroine of Justice! Best FF romance Super Tifa's Avatar

My favourite FF Romance is YunaxTidus . They are a perfect couple. also, the TifaxCloud is just a possibilty, but not a romance (why not? Sniff... T.T). I dreamt that Kain and Rydia would be togheter (like the lulu and wakka thing) because I hate edge manners. What about Locke and Celes? I like then togheter, and I must admit that I felt happy for what happened to Rachel (hehe so he could be free to Celes hehehehe). Anyway, If there's a lot of cutie couples, also there's are poor ones. And they're are all on FFXII .-. (I got scared about Fran and Balthier, Vaan and Penelo are sooo pooor )

TFF's Resident Messenger Best FF romance Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Forget that Lulu screamed "Chappu" instead of "Wakka" when the latter was taking her from behind. Bwhahahahaha.
    First off, this is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Then you saw something a vast majority of people didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    The whole Wakka/Lulu thing was quite a surprise when I played X-2.
    If I were to never have even heard of Final Fantasy X-2, let alone play it; I would not have guessed that Wakka and Lulu would have gotten together. In fact, I thought that Kimahri probably had more of a chance than Wakka did (new Spira species perhaps). Although Tidus mentioned it to Lulu during their conversation in the Farplane, I don't think Lulu gave off the feeling that she liked Wakka in that way.

In other romances, I would like to think that Firion and Maria in Final Fantasy II eventually got together. Although they are more like brother and sister in the game, I imagine they lived their lives together in a romantical way. The most tragic romance would be Hilda and Scott. Scott was only alive for about 20-30 minutes in my playthrough of II, but he fights to protect Hilda and the rest of the world in the afterlife (if you played Soul of Rebirth). It is a pity that the game lets you believe that Hilda ends up with Gordon (Scott's brother).
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Boxer of the Galaxy Best FF romance Rowan's Avatar

I think final fantasy VIII between squall and rinoa was the best. The whole 'bringing out his true feelings though his introverted attitude that was a result of being abandoned as a child' thing worked well. It had a great climax at the end when they finally kissed. FFX was the only other final fantasy to have a kiss, I think. Although X was fantastic and there was an "i love you", I prefer final fantasy VIII for other reasons.

Blog Entries

i guess i really was the only one with the whole wakka lulu thing but oh well guess i got lucky maybe? idk

but i kinda agree with rowen on the whole squall rinoa deal they were definetly my second choice really close to i just think what tidus and yuna shared was more then that only because who searches and waits for a man for 2 years and then at the first sign of him obsesses over finding them some might say its creepy but i call it a true commitment and id like to believe they grew up and had a bad ass kid named auron

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Best FF romance Xanatos's Avatar

I really love how Zidane's relationship with Garnet developed through the game, the entire thief & princess, low class & high class theme while nothing new was still interesting to say the least.

If not for a tragic ending Zack and Aerith would make a great couple, they were simply adorable in Crisis Core.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    If not for a tragic ending Zack and Aerith would make a great couple, they were simply adorable in Crisis Core.
    agreed

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

How has no one mentioned Steiner & Beatrix? Definitely my favourite FF romance ever

I don't know if it counts, but I also love the tragedy of Vincent and Lucrecia in VII. A really powerful story element that added depth not only to the game but also to Vincent's character, even though he was a secret optional character, which was a lovely touch I thought.

Cloud/Tifa/Aeris was good too, though I preferred it when it was just Cloud and Tifa reminiscing about their childhood in Nibelheim.
    Last edited by X-Meteo; 10-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries

How has no one mentioned Steiner & Beatrix? Definitely my favourite FF romance ever
    now this here didnt even cross my mind but now that you mention it i totally agree still doesnt top my list but its top 3 probably

I don't know if it counts, but I also love the tragedy of Vincent and Lucrecia in VII. A really powerful story element that added depth not only to the game but also to Vincent's character, even though he was a secret optional character, which was a lovely touch I thought.
    i agree with you about it adding character but as you said i dont really know if it would count. although it is very romantic i guess you could say the way vincent feels about her. Very good point my friend.

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Once again I wish I put "RPG" or "AND TALES" in my title, fans of the tales of... series i've played 2 and a 1/4 games (symphonia, phantasia, destiny) and i've seen some really sweet romances.

the main one being lloyd and colette...

SPOILER!!!!

Colette loses her humanity on a mission to become an angel / lifeless being and lloyd doesn't know a thing about it until it's too late and then tries his damnedest to bring her back... in the end a necklace he made for her (with an ex sphere) restores her humanity when one of the bad guys (well girls) attempts to take it from her (AWHHH!!!!) I still remember a scene where the two are outside an inn talking in the snow they get sooo close damn it's cute