Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

Tsuna Feesh Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Fate's Avatar

Re: Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

Not surprising, much, but I love the music in the Star Ocean games. ^^; Some of the battle themes are incredibly upbeat and good. Cutting Edge of Notion, Stab the Sword of Justice (Heroid Remix), and Brilliant Rose are great examples. Another theme I really love and is probably one of my all-time favorites out of any video games is Chrysanthemum in Winter. <3 The chrysanthemum is also my birth flower. =)

Also, Eternal Sonata had a great soundtrack. Its name has lots to do with music, after all. Two of my favorites are Captured Phantoms and Leap the Precipice.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Postingway Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Maciariello's Avatar

Re: Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

Yasunori Mitsuda is my favorite composer due to his work with Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. His ability to push the limitations of the hardware running those games is extraordinary. If you have the money, get this right now.

As stated previously, the Metal Gear Solid series has incredible music as well. Those fortunate enough to have purchased the MGS4 special edition have the soundtrack already, and that in itself justifies a good portion of the money spent on the game. Although the original MGS game has (in my opinion) the best soundtrack, Harry Gregson-Williams did a phenomenal job with the game's sequels, most notably the remixed version that appeared at the beginning of MGS2.

This may sound odd, but I really like the soundtrack to Killzone and Killzone 2. Very strong with a menacing and intimidating overall feel. It has a militaristic sound while having a lapse in 'strength' every so often to allow for other emotion and feeling to pervade the audio landscape. It's hard for me to describe music since I know so little about it, so this should help clarify what I mean.

As mentioned earlier, Megaman has some fantastic tunes also. Personal favorite: Sparkman theme. I had to do the remix because it's just too good.

Greg Edmonson gets a HUGE nod for his work with the Uncharted series as well. I love Nate's theme.

Did anyone download the PlayStation demoscape Linger in the Shadows? It has some pretty cool music despite the overall eccentric package it comes with. The artist's name is Wojciech Golczewski.

Trine is another one that I love to listen to. Ari Pulkkinen is another favorite of mine for this reason.

Is it cheating to say any Star Wars game due to John Williams' wide array of orchestral brilliance?
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2