Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

A Plain Old Derp Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Padraic's Avatar

Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

I'm here to ask you what is the series you think has the best music, the best song of it, and why?? Lists are okay

Mine would have to be the Fire Emblem series because all the musics unique, my favorite song would have to be "together we ride" its part of the song in SSBM, and in the GBA FE its used when you meet most characters, when you convince them to join your cause. Its got the strength which makes it sound convincing and it suits the moment.

Angelicos Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance
    Devil May Cry has by FAR some of the best music, second only to FF!

Now I know how the angel fell.
    I know the tale and I know it to well.

Engage the pressure until it crumbles
    The existence of lifeless black souls.

AWESOME MUSIC!

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Devil May Cry has by FAR some of the best music, second only to FF!

Totally agree with this one, but I must also say that DMC 3 has better soundtrack than any FF game. Not only soundtrack every game in series has simply amazing music, not that it only sounds great it totally fits every situation in the game. Besides FF and DMC game I also like music from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Angelicos Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Alther Primus's Avatar
    I concur! "Devils Never Cry" is better than One-Winged Angel! And that's saying something, coming from me!

In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    I'd say any game that has either Motoi Sakuraba, Yoko Shimomura, Kenji Ito, Noriyuki Iwadare or Yasunori Mitsuda. They're my top 5 composers, and I find that I often enjoy their compositions despite not listening each and every one of its songs.

For your information, that means:
    Star Ocean series
    Valkyrie Profile series
    Golden Sun series
    Baten Kaitos series
    some of the Tales of... games
    mostly, any tri-Ace game (with some exceptions)
    Parasite Eve
    Legend of Mana
    any Capcom game of the time where Mrs. Shimomura was with Alph Lyra
    nearly every SaGa game except SaGa Frontier II and Unlimited SAGA (and the first SaGa games which had main composition by Nobuo Uematsu)
    Grandia series
    Chrono series
    Xenogears and the Xenosaga

...and that's what comes to mind. I reckon Mrs. Shimomura will collaborate with the FFXIII soundtrack, but I must be wary since I don't stand Masashi Hamazuzu too much, and he was placed as the main composer.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 08-21-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Silly me, I was listening to "Bare its Fangs" from Tales of Destiny at the moment I posted...
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Rufus Shinra Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Rufus shinra's Avatar
    ^ The Main theme off grandia is amazing!

Defiantly one off my favourite game Soundtracks off all time
    President Rufus Shinra
    Celebrity Big brother: Coolio 3rd!!! Result
    My Top 5 Final Fantasy Characters: Cloud Tifa Locke Irvine Rikku
    currently playing: Lost odyssey
    Xbox 360 gamertag: Andyarteta

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with pretty much everything on TG Oskar's list. This man knows his stuff, so pay attention when he speaks, nooblets.

I'm a fan of the music in a game when it feels appropriate and matches the tone of the game. I also happen to be a fan of the non-conventional games, so when a non-conventional game somehow has music that matches the theme of it's nonconventionalness, then that's pretty damn good in my opinion. Games like Fallout 3 and SMT I can appreciate, because everything in the game, music included, sets the tone and keeps me interested to play through those kinds of games.

also, Marvel vs Capcom 2 has some pretty groovy music for it's game. The music is so out of place (some jazzy blues/epic saxamaphoneness in a fast-paced fighting frenzy type of game) that it actually pulls it off without a doubt.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Oh, others that might also go every now and then, perhaps still unmentioned:

Breath of Fire series, with Yoshino Aoki. My favorite map song is from BoFIII, and it shows.
    Lufia series, with Yasunori Shiono. Almost legendary.

Decided to point those out.

Also, if you see almost a complete copy-pasta of the first post I gave on another forum (that I'm not going to mention), that's me. Just in case.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

Boredness rules us all Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i dont really pay attention to game music but on need for speed carbon i love don't speak by eagles of death metal
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Master of the Shadow Key Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I LOVE the sountrack to Shadow of the Colossus. It's practically nonexistant when you are searching for the beasts but when you do fight them, sweeping, uplifting orchestral music suited to each monster begins playing, making you feel that your life is on the line and to never let go of their hairy backsides. It also shows you how epic you're being taking those things on!
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Protecter of the Crystals Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) rydia123's Avatar
    Final fantasy of course...

Haha no music compares.
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rydia123 View Post
    Haha no music compares.
    Go listen to Devils Never Cry or Divine Hate (Battle 2) and return to tell me that that doesn't come pretty darn close to FF music's greatness!

In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

-Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

Banned Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)
    It's Between Silent Hill and Devil May Cry. Silent Hill has very meaningfull music while Devil May Cry was intense battle Music, which I loved. So...as much as I would like to leave it at that, Im going with Silent Hill.

Registered User Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Yesha's Avatar
    I Love the songs of..

*Grandia ("In The Sky" by Miz)
    *FataL Frame 3; Tormented ("Koe" by Tsukiko Amano)
    *Shadow Hearts; Covenant ("Getsurenke")
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

アズテオル Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Azuteor's Avatar
    I really like the Dragon Quest soundtracks, especially the beautiful music that Koichi Sugiyama did for DQ8.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
    I'm a fan of the music in a game when it feels appropriate and matches the tone of the game.
    Dragon Quest's Overture theme really hits the whole fantasy adventure theme of DQ.

Quote Originally Posted by rydia123 View Post
    Final fantasy of course...

Haha no music compares.
    Again, take your time to listen to any of the songs of the composers I've explained. Compare how excellent are the battle compositions of Sakuraba-san or Iwadare-san to the somehow repetitive battle songs of Final Fantasy. I've been capable of listening some of Motoi Sakuraba's battle songs in loop for several seconds. Noriyuki Iwadare certainly makes memorable battle songs as well, one of the reasons why I admire him.

Take your time to listen how eclectic is the kind of music from different games where Yoko Shimomura has intervened. She has a great quality for adaptation, one I deeply respect for she can make great songs using bagpipes (or the electrical equivalent of those), and can make impressive dungeon themes which make a truly relaxing mood...in what's meant to be a survival horror RPG. And the song can still be impressive enough. While at that, notice how fitting are the songs of Akira Yamaoka to the mood of Silent Hill, and try playing the game on mute. Heck, try watching a horror movie on mute. Now, notice how music becomes important for that mood, and how successful it is when the song fits the mood. Returning to Mrs. Shimomura, the wide variety of songs from just a single game may not seem like fitting most of the time, but are definitely worth listening.

Take your time to explore other legends. Explore a composer with almost bigger recognition than Mr. Uematsu, such as Koji Kondo. Those songs are memorable, no matter how many versions of the songs are available.

I don't say the music of Final Fantasy is bad; it is one of the reasons why the name "Nobuo Uematsu" is almost a brand name. It certainly fits the intention, it can be equally epic or equally funny. However, when you compare it to the conglomerate of other composers, trying to limit to a single series ends up as a bit silly. So yeah, don't take it wrong, but there's music out there that beats some of the most memorable compositions from Final Fantasy, and some times several times in a single game.

The Final Boss Theorem:

Hmmm dont think I would include Rock Band or anything else like it cause thats kind of a whole different thing.I really like the following titles music.
    1.Final Fantasy
    2.Dragon Quest
    3.Fable(1 and 2)
    4.Elder Scrolls(3 and 4)
    5.Summoner(1 and 2)
    6.Any Star Wars Game
    7.Dynasty Warriors(All)
    8.Chrono Trigger
    Im sure there are plenty more but those are the ones that have stuck out for me.

Freezing Ring! Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Darkdragoon's Avatar
    Legend of dragoon
    FTW!

All the music is great, and has a different theme. They use different instrument's, and... It's just awesome.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Che
    Chrono Trigger/Cross, Secret/Legend of Mana. The FIFA games always have the best compilations of songs. The Grand Theft Auto games always have quality stuff. Legend of Zelda series...

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    The Grand Theft Auto games always have quality stuff.
    Technically, most of the time the GTA series don't count so much aside from the opening songs and some incidental music (such as when you succeed on a mission)

However, I can say I was pleased a lot with the Rockstar team band. I can't remember much the name...Bloodfist? Lordfist? You know, the glam band from GTA: Vice City, which are mostly the Rockstar team members voice-acting a song or something?

The Final Boss Theorem:

SMT- Shoji Meguro > Nobuo Uematsu and Masahsi Hamauzu combined.

When Your Love Is Lost Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) cbchick's Avatar
    i really like the music in Devil May Cry 4.

the music in KH2 is pretty awesome too.

Banned Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

Re: Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

Devil May Cry 3=Best Game music ever. It has a really bad ass mix of emotional songs and nice dark heavy songs to fit Dante's Style.

Re: Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that)

Grandia games have really good music, especially II. Blue Laguna it.

Also Chrono Cross, Baten Kaitos and Metal Gear.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-25-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

The Persistent Flourish Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Alice's Avatar

I've always loved the music that the Metal Gear games had to offer. I mean pretty much all of them. The MSX originals, the non-canon NES games, the spinoffs...they're all good with the music.

Also, the music in the Megaman/Rockman Zero games is something I love listening to. Whether remastered or the original music from the games, the tracks are awesome to listen to.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    SMT- Shoji Meguro > Nobuo Uematsu and Masahsi Hamauzu combined.
    While I don't know I'd say Shoji Meguro's work is better than those two, I do tend to think those games benefit greatly from his music. And I can honestly say the free SMT soundtracks I get with some games are among the game soundtracks I listen to most.
    victoria aut mors

Finding this place a little dull... Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) xTidus's Avatar

The best music in a game is Devil May Cry =D

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I've always loved the music from F-Zero. The tunes are just really cool, perfect to race to. And theyre really catchy.

I love the music from Sonic too. Just plain classic. Everytime I hear a tune from it, I can't help but smile, because it's awesome.

The Bad Boy of TFF Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) Block's Avatar

The GTA series is renowned for their amazing music across a broad set of categories. On top of the various radio stations however there is also usually an amazing score playing during intense scenes of action or drama. EA sports games usually have amazing soundtracks as well, but unfortunately you can only listen to them in the menus and not while you play Last, and most definitely not least, is Heavy Rain. The music gave me shutters and really helped drive the emotion (that sometimes got lost by some poor voice acting). I was really into the DMC soundtrack for quite some time, but it's lost it's standing appeal with me.

If I had to rate I would say:
    Heavy Rain
    GTA
    EA sports titles (FIFA 09 sticks out)

OMG I just remembered that I would have to be out of my mind to not put the first two Mega Man games on that list as well.

.............. Which Game Series Has The Best Music (besides FF, SSB, Rock Band(or oher games like that) smurphy's Avatar

Outside of JRPGs in general i would say the Metal Gear Solid series has the best music. Kazuki Muraoka is a master of catching a mood which you can see from these diverse pieces.

YouTube - Metal Gear Solid Soundtrack: Encounter

YouTube - Metal Gear Solid Soundtrack: Mantis' Hymn

I may be saying this for sentimental purpose but I think the music in the Pokemon games faaaarkin rocks.

YouTube - Smash Bros Brawl Music - Dialga / Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar! (Pokémon Diamond / Pearl)
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast