Thread: FFXIII Chocobo Theme

Registered User FFXIII Chocobo Theme Flash's Avatar

FFXIII Chocobo Theme

I just found the FFXIII Chocobo theme on youtube. It is jazzy so it's a bit different but it is still awesome none the less.
    YouTube - FFXIII OST - Chocobo

I also found three other pieces from XIII. One is similar to the battle theme but softer and slower.

YouTube - FFXIII OST - Light
    YouTube - FFXIII OST - Valiant
    YouTube - FFXIII OST - Resistance
    Proud Member of FF Cult

TFF family, MSN and Dragons:
    My TFF Family
    Fishie, Martin, Final Fantasy Fan Cid, Lamborghini, Bleachfangirl, Pricilla, Xeim, T.G Oskar

1. Your first step will be going to www.hotmail.com and making an e-mail acount. It's fast and easy, trust me.

2. Secondly, if you haven't installed MSN, go here: http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

3. It doesn't matter if you don't know anyone. The point is meeting new members. Don't be shy =D.

4. My MSN is: [email protected]. Add me, and I will add you to my list.
    If there's a conversation going on at the time, I'll invite you to it and introduce you to everyone.

Anyone is welcome to take this idea and
    put it in their sig. You can use the "TFF Convo"
    banner I made, as well. With your help,
    TFF activity may boost

Go with me, Exkaizer~ FFXIII Chocobo Theme Treize's Avatar
    I really don't like the new chocobo theme. I especially don't like the drum solos. The chocobo themes in previous games seem to be a lot better.

Final Fantasy XIII just seems to be disappointing me more and more. I just hope it turns out to be better than Final Fantasy XII. Final Fantasy XII was okay, but nothing special. There hasn't been a really good Final Fantasy game in eight years. This would be getting a little ridiculous if Final Fantasy XIII doesn't live up to the hype it has been getting.

The other songs you posted don't seem too bad. None of them were outstanding, but they were all acceptable. The second half of "Resistance" seemed pretty good, but the first half was just nothing. "Light" and "Valient" seemed okay, but I'll need to see them used in the game to make a final decision. I can't wait to see how all of these are used in the actual game.
    Last edited by Treize; 10-30-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Little Pandemonic Carnival FFXIII Chocobo Theme Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    I really like it. The jazz is nice, and although its got its familiar tune, its not exactly something we've heard a thousand times already. Its pretty original compared to other arrangements.

I have to say, I love the old Chocobo theme. I must say though, I love this remix. It's jazzy and polished but still retains that familiar beat ^^

pwn3rxp
    i much prefer this one
    YouTube - Cockatiel sings Theme of Chocobo(Final Fantasy)

but thats just my opinion

the mysterious FFXIII Chocobo Theme gothdra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    I really don't like the new chocobo theme. I especially don't like the drum solos. The chocobo themes in previous games seem to be a lot better.

Final Fantasy XIII just seems to be disappointing me more and more. I just hope it turns out to be better than Final Fantasy XII. Final Fantasy XII was okay, but nothing special. There hasn't been a really good Final Fantasy game in eight years. This would be getting a little ridiculous if Final Fantasy XIII doesn't live up to the hype it has been getting.

The other songs you posted don't seem too bad. None of them were outstanding, but they were all acceptable. The second half of "Resistance" seemed pretty good, but the first half was just nothing. "Light" and "Valient" seemed okay, but I'll need to see them used in the game to make a final decision. I can't wait to see how all of these are used in the actual game.

I agree with you. I dont like the new chocobo theme either. its too jazzy for me( never liked jazz). no, I like the original themes much more the other songs wasn`t bad, but not breathtaking either. I just wish final fantasy XIII will be better than XII. because Final Fantasy XII didn`t really give me the Final Fantasy feeling I wanted
    Nobody is perfect...That is of course until you fall in love with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post

The other songs you posted don't seem too bad. None of them were outstanding, but they were all acceptable.....I can't wait to see how all of these are used in the actual game.
    I've been thinking the same thing ....

*sigh* why am I not surprised, to be unimpressed? The Chocobo theme sounds like crappy grocery store music -_-

I really hope the game is going to be better than I think, I miss being excited for a FF. Since XI was online, I never had an interest to play it because I don't play too many online games. XII was nothing special and all the other side FF's after X like Crystal Chronicles for GC and X-2 are not even on my radar. Yeah XIII looks great but I'm starting to worry that Final Fantasies might change a little too much. For me XII is where it started to loose the natural FF feel.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-07-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFXIII Chocobo Theme Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    *sigh* why am I not surprised, to be unimpressed? The Chocobo theme sounds like crappy grocery store music -_-
    Exactly, well said.

Like most of you I'm really disappointed with the new Chocobo Theme, it just doesn't have the charm that the old ones have, it fells like I'm listening to jazz and I don't like jazz.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User FFXIII Chocobo Theme
    Well, I'm on board with the people who LIKE the way it sounds! I'm digging the jazzy sound it has, and I like that it has a lot of instruments coming in at different parts of the song. It gives the new theme a bit more oomph, imo. Also, that drum solo part is pretty sweet!

Overall, I think this is an excellent mix of a classic theme that we FF players are familiar with, and I wouldn't change a thing.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. FFXIII Chocobo Theme Zargabaath's Avatar
    The FF XIII chocobo theme sounds to me that it pauses at moments where the older themes would have kept flowing - it makes it sound a bit disjointed to me. The chocobo theme being a jazz song reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and Final Fantasy X-2. The drum solo does feel out of place as it doesn't go to the beat of the chocobo theme which would not have been bad if it did.

The "Light" song reminds me of Unlimited Saga - as the battle theme and another song, I think "Assault" do as well. "Light" sounds very soothing or calm with a bit of sadness maybe. Overall I like it.

The beginning of "Resistance" reminds me of a few songs in Final Fantasy X. The later part of the song really changes the mood of the song from a ghost feeling to an inspirational hope is here feeling. "Resistance" is ok.

As for "Valiant" it sounds... valiantly - a nice piece of music.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I kind of love the jazzy chocobo theme. It's got a little more umph to it than the cute older version. Not that there's anything wrong with the original and older versions (I'm so used to them now), but this one feels more exciting and fitting to a fast paced race on a speedy chocobo's back. The old one made me feel like I was prancing along in a field of happy la-las while this one actually gets me riled up with a big stick to swing at any monsters that come near my bird. The drum solos do kind of kill things for the song, but if they don't pop up in the game (or I just don't notice them), I'll be fine.

"Light" is nice and gentle. It's soft and mellow, but it doesn't have that sad quality to it like a lot of other FF character theme songs do. It's sweet and does feel like a reminiscing sort of deal, but it's not a regretful kind of reminiscing. It's just a lethargic day dream....probably no one has an idea of what I'm saying, but this song is good.

"Valiant" is whatever. It reminds me of the valiant song used in Fire Emblem, and in the boss battle openings for FFXII, and they're not inspirational to me. I never understood why valiance had to be associated with slow, heavy songs like this. It just doesn't match the mood, but that's my opinion.

"Resistance" is amazing. It's kind of tense and has a "ready to pounce" feel to it. As I listen to it, I imagine some crazy rebel leader standing at the front of a boat in the ocean. There are rough waves and the sky is a threatening gray, as if a storm is about hit, but that leader is standing straight and looking forward at a cliff where his enemies are camped out on. Then the sky clears up, the waves settle, and his sail catches the perfect breeze towards the cliff. It's epic! This is the best song out of all of them for me.

imfast5005
    The other songs you posted don't seem too bad. None of them were outstanding, but they were all acceptable

Postingway FFXIII Chocobo Theme Maciariello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwn3r123 View Post
    i much prefer this one
    YouTube - Cockatiel sings Theme of Chocobo(Final Fantasy)

but thats just my opinion
    This is incredible! The video with the bird doing the fanfare is awesome, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16
    Well, I'm on board with the people who LIKE the way it sounds! I'm digging the jazzy sound it has, and I like that it has a lot of instruments coming in at different parts of the song. It gives the new theme a bit more oomph, imo. Also, that drum solo part is pretty sweet!

Overall, I think this is an excellent mix of a classic theme that we FF players are familiar with, and I wouldn't change a thing.
    I agree with Dodie.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Do the elements trust you? FFXIII Chocobo Theme bahamuts heir's Avatar
    Nice fast beat I like it and why does the leader of the resistance group remind me of seifer?
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Banned FFXIII Chocobo Theme

Re: FFXIII Chocobo Theme

The chocobo in the picture looks like on of the peeps candy lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6uMv...eature=related
    Last edited by GHOSTED; 02-26-2010 at 05:27 AM.

Our Hopes and Expectations FFXIII Chocobo Theme Ernest's Avatar

Re: FFXIII Chocobo Theme

Don't like it, but the Chocobo theme for me really isn't a concern. Lol.
    ____Ernest